6 days or park hoppers?

• 6 days

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • park hopper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Corrinne

Earning My Ears
My husband, 1 year old son and I are going in February to Disney world! Yay! We have been discussing, since my son probably won't be able to stay in the park all day should we add an extra day (6 days instead of 5) or would we be better with park hoppers? Adding a day is actually a lot less expensive and we have the house we've rented for enough time so that wouldn't be an extra cost...but do we want to try 6 days even though they won't be full days? Would love everyone's opinions! Thanks!

We're thinking of taking a last minute trip in February and went through the same thought process. We have three kids (9, 7, and almost 1) and we know we won't be able to have long park days like we did when we just had our older two. I also know I don't want to hop because that requires more energy than just staying at the current park for another hour or so. And honestly, if the baby is at her limit at one park, she'll be at her limit at the next park. So we decided to skip hoppers (actually, we've skipped them on our last couple of trips because we found that we didn't use them) and just add another day. We know we won't do 5 full days in the parks, but it's nice to have the 5th day in case we want an extra morning or evening at a park during our trip.

It's all in how you plan. We stuck to single parks for single days when our boys were 7 and 4 and we park-hopped when my daughter was 18 months old. Most people would reverse those two options, but it worked out best for those particular trips to do what we did.

A big thing to factor in: Dining. Look at where you're wanting to eat each day and this could impact whether or not you want park hoppers. I don't travel without them anymore, but the trip where we didn't have them was planned so well, we didn't miss them at all.

You might be surprised at how long you can be in the park. When my kids were 2, 4, and 6, we stayed offsite (this was 1983! and I was pregnant with our 4th) and we got to the gates before the park opened and stayed until they closed...I wanted to get my $$ worth! :) I'm sure my 2 year old slept in the stroller, and the rest of us were exhausted :)

This coming October, I'm hoping to go with my kids and my two new granddaughters who will be just over 1 year! We are not getting hoppers and will probably get the 5 or 6 day passes. Just remember that, if you stay for fireworks, you might want to bring ear plugs or something for your little one!

Have a magical trip!

Every family is different but we've never left the parks for a break. If it's cheaper adding an extra day, then that's what I would do. Park hopping is great but it is a little expensive and kind of a pain, especially with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter