Feb. 6, 2015 5- night Caribbean: I Wonder who's On Board?

tryin

Mouseketeer
Just booked this for my second cruise. Attending will be my three daughters and myself. This is an OBB. My first time on the Wonder. Who else is on board?

We're in! So far myself, hubby, son 13 and his friend, also 13, daughter and her husband and 4 grandchildren: 10, 7, 6 and 4. :banana:

Thinking about this one for our first Disney cruise. For those with lots of DCL experience, why do you recommend this one? Should we book right away? What good advice can you share? TIA

We chose this one because I like the itinerary and I wanted 5 nights. I like that it sails on a Friday, it just works better for our schedules.

I noticed a glitch though...when I pull up the res. on the web, it says it's going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Yet when searching for this date as a "new' booking it's going to Grand Cayman and Castaway. I called DCL and asked them to tell me what itin they see on their end and they assured me it's going to Castaway. I'll be some annoyed if they decide to change it and NOT do Castaway!

My DH, my DD (age 11 at that time), and myself are going on this cruise!! This will be the second DCL cruise for DH and myself and first for DD. We were on the Fantasy last time and loved it. We booked this cruise because it is going to Grand Cayman, which is one of my dream destinations and Castaway Cay! We looked into doing another 7-night cruise, however, there was a $1,400 price difference between this 5-night and the Fantasy 7-night, and we did not like the itinerary as well. I think this is a good choice for first time cruisers. You will still have a semi-formal dress up night and a Pirate Party night and you will not be spending as much. I would recommend booking right away because you can reserve the room you want and you can make payments on it anytime you want up until November 23rd.

:beach: :wave2: pirate:

Thanks for the good information. Those are all the reasons I'm thinking about this one. So it sounds like you recommend going ahead and specifying a particular cabin instead of going one of the guarantee routes. I think I'd prefer choosing my own cabin for this first time anyway. I do hope the itinerary is set because we definitely want to go to Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay too. Look forward to getting this ressie set and planning!:yay:

I would definitely pick your stateroom ahead of time. If I may make a recommendation (if you are choosing a room with a view or with a verandah), I would make a reservation on the 500 side (i.e, 6500s, 7500s, 8500s) so when you are docked at Castaway Cay, you are facing the beautiful beach. Last time we had our room on the other side and, although it was a nice view of the ocean, I wished I would have been facing the fun beach area. If you do one of the guarantee routes, you will save a little money but you may or may not get a room with a limited view. It is a gamble. Just my thoughts though. :)

But sometimes doesn't the captain have to decide whether to back in to the dock or go forwards, depending on weather conditions? That would affect what side you were facing? :confused3

OK. We've booked this one. So excited. Just a few days more than a year away, but we are looking forward to it. Took your good advice and booked a particular stateroom instead of one of the guarantee categories. We got starboard side, so I hope the captain is able to go into port the way he normally does. Yes, I think he definitely has the option to change if conditions require. I know we'll love our room either way!

We're booked as well! Cruising from our family is myself (Lauren), husband Kory, daughter Shiloh (3), and my parents, first time cruisers Steve and Carrie. DH and I have cruised once before (on the Wonder, no less!) and are really looking forward to taking our family this time.

Glad to see that you guys are booked! We have less than a year to go now!! We are ultra-excited! I am going to try to link this thread to the 2015 meet forums so others who are signed up can join our group. :dance3:

Apparently I have to make 4 more posts until it will let me add a link so excuse me while I add 4 random posts! :thumbsup2

I can't wait until Feb 6th! I hope this cruise has the Sunken Treasure drinks...they were my favorite! I make them at home now although they don't taste quite the same.

Does anyone want to do the fish extender thing and has anyone done it before? We did not do it last cruise and I am interested in trying it, although I am not sure exactly how it works.

Has anyone heard if they made any changes to the rooms or anything while the Wonder was in dry dock a few weeks ago? I know they were not adding on to the front or back because it would then be too large to go through the Panama Canal but didn't know if they were remodeling anything else. Disney can do a lot in 10 days!

We haven't booked this cruise yet, but odds are pretty much at 99% that we're going to do it... so I'll be following along on here as plans are being made. I know we'll want to join in a FE group for sure, so I look forward to seeing how that settles up!

So excited! :)

Just booked this cruise tonight!! It will be myself (Danielle), my DH - Proby, and my DD Sabrina. She will be almost 2.5 at time of cruising. We are big DCL fans and this will be my 6th cruise, DH - 5 cruises, and DD 3rd cruise!

We have another big cruise booked before this one - the WBTA - westbound transatlantic for Sept. it is 14 nights!!

After the cruise on the Wonder - we are headed to the Florida Keys to see my mom. That is why we picked this cruise so we can combine the two trips since this leaves from Miami

We would love to do the Fish Extender if someone is willing to organize. Right now i would not be able to volunteer - I'm sorry!!! My DH travels for work and I'm here with DD and she takes up pretty much all of my time :(

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Baddogchalet, did you have any luck being able to link us yet? When I do to the cruise date, it doesn't show anything. Since I'm relatively new to DIS and really new to cruise threads, I'm not going to try on my own. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Does anyone want to do the fish extender thing and has anyone done it before? We did not do it last cruise and I am interested in trying it, although I am not sure exactly how it works.

We haven't decided if we want to do fe on this, our first, DCL cruise or just observe the rest of you guys this time. I'm not sure I have enough time to devote to it b/c it looks time consuming, but really fun. Guess we'll sit on the fence for now, but some of you may be able to talk us into it!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter