Favorite Smells

ashleyann31

Thankful for Phoenicians
WDW has some unique smells. What are your favorites?

Mine is hands-down Spaceship Earth.

The humid air conditioning on the Monorail.

The grey stuff in Mickey's Philharmagic.

The smoke from the burnt turkey in Carousel of Progress

Turkey legs.

The musty water in Splash Mountain

The fresh cut grass smell in Soarin'

The Library at Alexandria burning in Spaceship Earth

The musty water smell in Living With The Land.

The dewy smell of the air when you are heading out to the parks at 7am.

I'm sure there's more but those are the smells that immediately come to mind.

Since I was a child until this very day anyone who knows me hears "Oh, its smells like Disney!!" come out of my mouth at least once a week!! In the REAL world those smells are usually a full restaurant of freshly baking meals/desserts or freshly bleached floors (reminds me of the pools and clean hotel rooms).

At the parks PP did a pretty excellent job, those water and smokey/musky smells. My favorites come from:
Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Spaceship Earth
Pirates of the Caribbean
Walking through Adventureland; the smells of water, Dole Whip, suntan lotion, plants
and my favorite is the fresh smells walking into Epcot, especially through Future World as the fountain spray whacks your face in the breeze...you can tell I like water smells!

The humid air conditioning on the Monorail.

The grey stuff in Mickey's Philharmagic.

The smoke from the burnt turkey in Carousel of Progress

Turkey legs.

The musty water in Splash Mountain

The fresh cut grass smell in Soarin'

The Library at Alexandria burning in Spaceship Earth

The musty water smell in Living With The Land.

The dewy smell of the air when you are heading out to the parks at 7am.

I'm sure there's more but those are the smells that immediately come to mind.

Sums it up for me.

Yes - any humid weather here in summer reminds me of the smell of the just washed pavement at Disney first thing in the morning.

I will add:

the Lobby at Animal Kingdom Lodge
the smell of pie during Mickey's PhilharMagic
for some reason, the vegetation of Florida smells different - and I love it!!!

The smell of the trees and wood in the western side of Frontierland. The smell inside Space Mountain. The sulphur smell of Orlando water that lots of people hate. The smell that tells you that you're in unseen but really close proximity to popcorn or churros. The smell of evening lakeside humidity walking aroung Lago Dorado at CSR at night. The super-humid smell of summer. (I swear that last one, I am an Orlando humidity junkie.)

Last edited:
My favorite is Spaceship Earth too!

My second favorite is Pirates of the Caribbean!

My third favorite is.................................. The Grand Floridian! Omgosh the smell of that lobby is HEAVENLY!

I love the smell of Spaceship Earth too! Also I love the Disney Water smell (Pirates, Splash, Fountains of Nations, etc) and my all time favorite is the Beach Club lobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter