Favorite Restaurant on the Monorail line?

erinz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I need some suggestions for a restaurant (for dinner) on the monorail line. It would be for DH, DD 11(who's a total introvert) and me, and I'd like the cost to be under $100.

What are your favorites, and why?

Ohana (Polynesian) for dinner is terrific!!! The food is out of this world.

If you are looking for fun and crazy my next favorite is Chef Mickeys in the Contemporary.

Chef Mickey's is our family's favorite. We love seeing Mickey,Minnie,Chip,Dale, Goofy and Donald at dinner. Pluto is there for breakfast. Last year we went on a Sunday and got a bonus--Max was there. My DS's were so excited because he is their favorite.. :flower:

I think that the Concourse Steakhouse would be a better bet for an introvert (as you mentioned).

Another vote for the Concourse SteakHouse if you're looking for something quieter. We've enjoyed the meals we've eaten there, and Ds liked being able to watch the monorail as it glided overhead :teeth:

Concourse Steakhouse has always been a favorite! It's not as crazy as Chef Mickey's and the kids get to enjoy watching the monorails travel through the Contemporary.

Thanks for the suggestions! We are definitely planning on The Concourse Steakhouse sometime during the week. It's one of my favorites. But I have a question about Ohana's.

I've heard that they have kids paricipate in activities during dinner (like they do at Whispering Canyon). Do the children get at all pressured to join in? My DD would be running for the nearest door if anyone tried to get her to join in an activity! :eek:

We like the Concourse Steakhouse, too, but someone's gotta mention the Kona Cafe--the food is hard to beat. Most people are aware of it for breakfast, but it is also a great place for dinner!

For your needs, I would say 'Ohana. If you avoid the alcohol, it will definitely be less than $100 and you will definitely be getting your money's worth. They do have activities for the kids, such as a hula hoop contest and a coconut race, but there is no pressure to join in.

If you want something a bit more sedate, but really good food and service, then I would recommend Kona Cafe at the Polynesian.

Kids don't feel pressured to participate if they don't want to. It's not as boisterous as CM or Whispering Canyon, which makes my DD7 cover her ears and pout it's so loud! Another one with kids that's good is 1900 Park Faire's Cinderella buffet dinner.

We really like the Grand Floridian Cafe. The menu has a nice selection and the service is always good. The restaurant is beautiful and not very loud and bustling. GF is a nice resort to stroll around afterwards, too.

My vote is for Chef Mickey's (because it's the only monorail restaurant I've been to so far :) ). The food was good, the atmosphere was lively, the view of Wishes was nice, the characters were fun, and the memories will be with me always!

Chef Mickey's for sure!!!!! I ate at O'hanas for breatfast so i cant say anything about dinner!!!!! I say go with Chef Mickey's!!!!!! :love: :banana:

Kona at the Polynesian. Great food and service. A really nice and relaxing place to eat.

not so sure you'll come in under $100 on these two suggestions: I'd say my fave would be Narcoosee's, followed closely by California Grille. Both have excellent food and service. CA Grille has great sushi. Anyway, it'll be a little over $100.

For a great meal under $100 - may I suggest Concourse Steakhouse...it's at the Contemporary. The food is very good, nothing fancy and you can get out for around $50-$60.

PamNC

Ohana's and Concourse are our must do's. At Ohana's while she may not join in she will get a kick out of watching. Plus if you get anywhere near the window being able to see the castle changing colors. Oh we just love it. If you make your ressies an hour before the fireworks you will be able to watch from the restaurant they lower the lights and pipe in the music. It was my first time seeing Wishes and I admit it I cried. Splurge and at least share a pina colada or Lapu Lapu. They are excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter