Favorite Quick Service Dining Experience?

jennw75

Earning My Ears
We leave for Disney next week and while I have all of our dining reservations booked and a nice list of snack options from another thread on here, I'm lacking ideas for good Quick Service options for our family.

So, what are your favorite Quick Service dining options? Good food? Good atmosphere? Or even just a good value? Tell me all about it!

Thanks!

We like the ABC Commissary. has a great Variety of things. Also the Sunshine Station (I think that it is....it is the one downstairs by Soarin) Casey's Hot Dogs are a must!

MK - Pecos Bills, love the fixings bar and can't go wrong with Guac.
HS - Backlot Express - Caprese Sandwich
AK - Yak and Yeti - chicken fried rice (haven't tried the offering at Harambe Market but will this trip)
Epcot - Anywhere in WS but our favorite is Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco second would be Fish and Chips in FB but really, can't go wrong with any of the offerings.

Our favorite QS is the Flame Tree BBQ in AK. We like to grab an early lunch and sit on the lower patio right on the water and look out toward Everest. Sitting there it is hard to believe you are in the middle of a bustling park. Until you hear the screams from Everest.

We also like the Sunshine Season QS in the Land. We are happy that they have brought back the breakfast platter and and also enjoy the rotisserie chicken for lunch. It can be a bit busy and noisy but it is good basic food at reasonable theme park prices.

Another Epcot QS favorite is the Fish and Chips. And of course the pastries in France.

Columbia Harbour House in MK and Sunshine Seasons in Epcot for the French toast bread pudding (sooooo good!)

MK: BOG (if you can snag a reservation), Pecos Bill, Casey's (a foot long is plenty to split)
Epcot: Japan's Katsura Grill had a beautiful side garden area that seemed like such a great place to escape.

I was surprised to find that Cosmic Rays was my favorite QS! I'd read mixed reviews, but the good old American burger and fries were great!

MK: Pecos Bills and Casey's
EP: La Hacienda de San Angel
HS: Starring Rolls (ABC is also good)
AK: Always do TS here, but I've heard great things about Flame Tree

MK: Columbia Harbor House. Im from New England, good place to get some northern comfort food. When the upstairs rooms are open, great atmosphere with all the 18th/19th century nautical theming. I would say Pecos Bills, but I haven't been there since they made it all Tex Mex. The reviews are good though.

EP: Cantina de San Angel, some of the best quick Mexican food I've ever had. Right on the water in the World showcase lagoon. Katsura Grill, probably one of the best quick serve values. Portions are great, food is good, prices are reasonable and the dining room has a great view of the Japan pavilion. Also sunshine Seasons has a lot of great options, something for everyone and the deserts are out of this world.

HS: Backlot express is really the only place I eat there. Typical burger and sandwich fare, but theres a lot of cool movie memoriblia on the walls. Take a look around that you're bound to find something interesting.

AK: Yak and Yeti quick serve has great Asian inspired cuisine. Best way to describe is good Chinese takeout food. Also Flame Tree Barbecue. Good sandwiches, excellent ribs. I will say this though for both in AK, seating is outside, and AK being a generally hotter park sometimes doesn't do the food any favors by having to eat it outside.

Honorable mentions: the fish and chip stand in the UK pavilion in epcot has some of the best fish and chips ive ever eaten. Its my wife's favorite and a must do stop every time we go. Grab a basket and a quick pint from the beer stand and you cant go wrong. Cosmic Rays in MK is a solid choice when travelling with families.

I will second (or third or fourth) Flame Tree. In Epcot we order at two or three places; often fish and chips from England sushi from Japan and something simple at the American pavilion. Pecos Bill, Pinocchio House and Columbia Harbor House.

We usually eat at what is now PizzeRizo. I lose that argument every year. Usually, I would go to Backlot Express. I have read a couple of very positive reviews of the new ABC Commissary offerings.

MK: Cosmic Rays/BOG if you can grab a last minute ADR - great value for QS credit that is served to you like TS, and cool to go in Beast's Castle if you are not doing dinner there

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons next to Soarin in Land building - great variety

AK: Flame Tree BBQ - as PP mentioned, nice quiet area behind w/view of Everest, just watch out for aggressive birds!/ Pizzafari - good salad, indoor seating w/a.c. for hot days and cover for rain

HS:. Starring Rolls, Backlot Express

DS: Earl of Sandwich

Casey's for us in MK.
Whatever the French place is called these days in EPCOT.
We never end up eating much in MGM (I refuse to cave on the name change), but the Backlot Express is where we eat the most.

MK - Columbia Harbour House is my favorite, but we're try to branch out next trip. The nachos and fajitas at Pecos Bill's gets good reviews. The toppings bar lets you pile stuff on anything.

AK - Y&Y stand, outside the TS restaurant. Chicken fried rice and egg rolls are my children's siren song.

DHS - We only got ice cream bars. We stick to TS when staying in the park.

EPCOT - Les Halles, Kringla, Lotus Blossom for the egg rolls and pot stickers (eye roll), Sommerfest, and we want to finally try the fish & chips at Yorkshire Co. I LOVED the lamb wrap at Tangerine Cafe, but I didn't enjoy the sides. The chicken wrap was dryyyyyy but had good flavor.

MK - I love Village Haus. It's such a cute atmosphere (I love pinnochio and architecture the time period) and I love a good flatbread!!
AK - Restaurantosaurus. Vegetarian friendly and I thought the food was cooked very well.
EPCOT - We enjoy eating around the world at various QS places (nachos in mexico, pretzel in germany, etc)
we usually have ADRS for DHS like 50's and sci-fi fi :love:

MK - BoG is a must. We also like Columbia Harbor.
AK - Flame Tree is my go-to place. The full rib plate is a lot of food and enough for two.
EPCOT - The Japanese place is DD's go-to place.
DHS - Backlot Express is our usual place.

Disney Springs - Wolfgang Puck Express is my go-to place.

This is if we have FD.

My favorite QS in the parks was lunch at BoG. I had the braised pork and the strawberry cupcake. It was all wonderful!

My favorite QS in DS was Wolfgang Puck Express. I had pepperoni pizza and cheesecake. It was outstanding!

Also a fan of Flame Tree.
Food is definitely good - not great, but definitely good. For Disney, it's great. Pro Tip: GET THE ONION RINGS.
The food platters are very bountiful and priced very well.
The seating area is an absolute riot with the feathered thieves.
If I could only score a Dole Whip near there instead of Tamu Tamu...

My family loves sitting down at the grassy areas in MK near main street with Hot Dogs from Caseys Corner. Its a perfect break from a day. We let the kids run around after we chow down on the Dogs from Caseys.
Also Flame Tree BBQ at AK is the best Quick Service in all the Kingdom (my opinion)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter