Favorite and not so dining experiences

Dis-obrn

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! Just back from 6 day trip to WDW. Stayed at OKW. Just thought I would comment on some of the places we ate. We tried some new things this time. We really enjoyed Whispering Canyon for breakfast. Also tried Sci-fi and 50's Prime time, both were fun, but the food was much better at 50's Prime time. Again we ate at Raglan Road, and as always was fantastic ( esp the bread pudding for dessert). We were really disappointed in Fulton Crab House though. I do not mind paying for good food and service, but the food was awful and so was the service. The she crab soup tasted like cambell's tomato with a hint of sherry and some cayenne. NOT good and the ceasar salad was dinky. Overall would do everything again except for Fulton's. We can't wait until next trip when we can try some other new places. Oh the planning:hourglass

thanks for the reviews. I would like to try 50's prime time. Just not sure if my son(teen) would be embarrassed by the antics.

50's prime time is great. I thought I would hate the antics, but that was part of the charm. My boys are 13 & 12. Even my 13year old didn't mind when the waiter called him "Sparky" and tried to match him up with another 13 year old girl and then started teasing them both about how their braces might get hooked together.

Seriously, my DH says I have no humor, but the ribbing and joking is done in such a manner that its harmless and rather entertaining. I can't imagine anyone really hating it. It's like watching a little skit all through dinner.

Also - the larger your group, the more fun it is.

Plus - the food is really good. I've eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times.

Funny thing is, I only ended up eating there because I had to cancel an ADR at the last minute and the PTC was the only seating they had left anywhere in MGM that night.

My kids love it! Especially when the last time we went and Auntie Claire made their dad an Elbow King crown out of a placemat and made him wear it.

I agree with the Fulton's review wholeheartedly! It is the ONLY restaurant at WDW that I have felt totally ripped off! Prices are off the map, food is so so, waiters continually try to upsell and don't take no for an answer! Once we had shrimp cocktails (3 shrimp) and 2 glasses of wine each (there were 2 of us) and the bill was $70 with tx/tip!!! The shrimp looked dried out and the paper table covers didn't impress at all! Been there twice will NOT go again!
Bring back the EMPRESS LILY - all 3 restaurants were fabulous as was the decor. FULTON'S is so plain jane.

How was WCC breakfast? Do they have the fun stuff going on then? Thanks for your reviews.

Oh ya, they have "STUFF" going on!!! Our waiters name was Maverick, and when he introduced himself as such I said your name tag says ______ ( I can't remember but not Maverick. He explained he was all about cards, tricks and playing cards. Everytime someone asked for something it came in abundance. :rotfl: I don't want to give too much away. They include all the kids in pony races, songs and more. We don't have kids but we had a blast and would definitely go again. It is noisy but not too bad. Try it out, I think everyone should go at least once and the food was really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter