Fave Dining at DL (& CA & GrCalifHotel!)?

catjammies

Mouseketeer
Does CA take as long to see as DL? Which should be done on Sat & which on Sun?

Fave for the following:

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner at DL
& B, L, D at CA
& B, L, D at the Grand Californian?

WHERE's the best Character Bkfst to be had betw. the 3????

Well I like to do both on both days and hop back and forth. It's so close there's no reason not to and then you are able to work crowd patterns to your advantage!!! What I mean is everyday we start in DL because they open first so you aren't wasting an hour or two waiting for CA to open. Then around noon-1 we hop over to DCA till about 7-8, then back to DL till close!!

There is plenty to do at DCA to keep you busy for a full day and more. But if you can't or won't consider hopping, then I would automatically do Sat at DCA and Sunday at DL.

Fave to eat:

DL Breakfast - Riverbelle
DL Lunch - French Market (wonderful french dip) or Pizza Port (awesome chicken fusilli pasta)
DL Dinner - Carnation Cafe (can also be done for lunch!)

DCA Breakfast - None, we go to WWS in the Grand CA if we eat breakfast!)
DCA lunch - Sourdough Bakery
DCA Dinner - Sourdough Bakery
The reason I said the same for the last two was we are never there for both of those meals since we don't spend a full day here ever due to hopping!

Grand CA - Breakfast at Storyteller's is hands down my favorite character breakfast, otherwise I like WWS here.
Grand lunch - Storyteller's again! Their turkey sandwich for lunch is AWESOME!
Grand Dinner - I would like to try Napa Rose one day and if you can, you should. But it's pricey and upscale. SO hence I also love WWS and Storyteller's for dinner too!!

We always hop between the parks when we are there for more than a day. Sometimes we choose just a one day ticket to DL if we are not in the area long.

Favorite meals:
DL B-none, we eat free at hotel, then have early lunch.
DL L-Redd Rockets Pizza in Tomorrowland or French Market in NO Square (depends on what end of the park we are in)
DL D Blue Bayou

DCA B-again none
DCA L- Pizza Ooh Mow Mow
DCA D-never had dinner there, so can't help

Down Town Disney
B-La Brea Bakery
L-Espn Zone or Rainforest
D-Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen or Rainforest

I have never eaten at any of the GC restaurants, but Napa Rose is on the list for next time!!

Enjoy your trip.

Park hop if possible. Start at DL, get as many FP as possible. When the crowds get intense, rest at your hotel or go to DCA. Then return to DL for parades, fireworks and nighttime fun! Otherwise, like Andrea said, DCA on Sat and DL on Sun. Sat at DL is a zoo and DCA is much more manageable. Hummm, now for the fav eats....

DL: B-Carnation Cafe, L-Red Rocketts or a Corn Dog, D-Cafe Orleans

DCA: B-WWS (breakfast burrito-YUM!), L-Ariel's Grotto, D-Wine County Trattoria.

Grand Ca: B-Storytellers, L-DTD, D-Definately Napa Rose

There really are several good choices in DTD for meals. We like Jazz Kitchen, Rainforest Cafe, Catal. Hooke's Point at DL Hotel is a favorite as well. I have been to all three character b-fasts and you cannot go wrong with any. They all have good food and fun characters.

Good luck deciding;)

Can I vote even though we don;t have nearly the DL experience the rest of you do?

Cafe Orleans in DL is our favorite lunch there. There is a salmon salad that is to die for!:love: Also really like Rancho for counter service.

Favorite lunch in CA is Trattoria...also good for dinner.
Favorite dinner is the Vineyard.

The character breakfast at Storyteller's was excellent. You can order a la carte or do the buffet which is a plus.

Two years in a row we cancelled Napa Rose. We had a reservation two weeks ago tonight and the menu looked soooo good but we needed to cancel because our son's blood glucose levels were really out of whack.:sad2: Really hope we get back to try it.

We ate lunch at Storyteller's in the GCH and it was great! Nice atmosphere and NO crowds! (this was in March 06). They had a lot of great choices and a fruit and yogurt plate my DD loved!

We really enjoyed the ribs at DCA's Taste Pilots. (Lunch or dinner). They also have cute little mini-burgers for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter