FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I have a quick question. Our FP+ window opens this morning and I wanted to know if anyone had a good idea about this. We have an ADR at Akershus for 8am, there is EMH's starting at 8am that morning but only for Future world since the park doesn't open till 9am for the rest. Would we be safe in having our breakfast then at 9am walk right out the door and over to FEA since it's right there? And not have to use a FP? Then I could use it on Soarin or TT? Or am I risking it and should still make that our Priority 1? Thanks for any suggestions!

FEA is open during EMH. I would skip the breakfast (or reschedule later in the morning), personally, but you'll definitely want to FP FEA if you keep the 8am ADR.

FEA is open during EMH. I would skip the breakfast (or reschedule later in the morning), personally, but you'll definitely want to FP FEA if you keep the 8am ADR.

Thank you so much! I got the FP for 1pm that day. Was booked out and already gone for the rest of the day. Take what I can get. :-)

My wife and I have decided to become AP Holders, yay! We were wondering once we have purchased them will we be given something that we can link them to our My Disney Experience account? We are booked for the Boardwalk at the end of February. So our 60 day FP+ window is approaching. Do we have to wait until we are 60 days out with an AP? Thanks so much for the help!

My wife and I have decided to become AP Holders, yay! We were wondering once we have purchased them will we be given something that we can link them to our My Disney Experience account? We are booked for the Boardwalk at the end of February. So our 60 day FP+ window is approaching. Do we have to wait until we are 60 days out with an AP? Thanks so much for the help!
AP always has a rolling 30 day window, but can book at 60 days with an onsite stay. You will get an email "voucher" to link your AP to MDX once purchased to book FPs. Once onsite, take that voucher to guest services to exchange for the actual pass.

You can buy them online through MDE, in which case they'll automatically link to you. If you buy via phone you'll get a confirmation number you can link. In both those cases, before you use the APs for the first time, you'll need to stop by GR to have them activated and to pick up your actual RFID AP card. If you buy in person the CM will link them and give you the card. To get AP discounts you'll need to show the card and your ID. You can tap the card or your MB for park entry and FP entry.

If you're staying onsite, your FP window opens at 60 days before checkin and you can make FPs for your length of stay, up to 10 days max, at that 60-day mark. If offsite, you can make up to 7 days of FP within the next 30 days, but you have to make them day by day (30 days before each day).

AP always has a rolling 30 day window, but can book at 60 days with an onsite stay. You will get an email "voucher" to link your AP to MDX once purchased to book FPs. Once onsite, take that voucher to guest services to exchange for the actual pass.

Ok, great! Thank you! :thumbsup2

You can buy them online through MDE, in which case they'll automatically link to you. If you buy via phone you'll get a confirmation number you can link. In both those cases, before you use the APs for the first time, you'll need to stop by GR to have them activated and to pick up your actual RFID AP card. If you buy in person the CM will link them and give you the card. To get AP discounts you'll need to show the card and your ID. You can tap the card or your MB for park entry and FP entry.

If you're staying onsite, your FP window opens at 60 days before checkin and you can make FPs for your length of stay, up to 10 days max, at that 60-day mark. If offsite, you can make up to 7 days of FP within the next 30 days, but you have to make them day by day (30 days before each day).

Yeah, we are renting DVC points for the first time and will be staying at BWV for the first time as well. Thank you so much! :thumbsup2

MDE updated today, along with the Disney website. Some pretty good clarifications on FP+ I think.

Hi, all. Quick question...I have fastpasses booked for an upcoming trip with a MYW ticket/resort stay. If I upgrade the MYW ticket to an Annual Pass, do my current Fastpasses become associated with the Annual Pass? Just want to make sure the FPs won't be lost. Thanks!

Hi, all. Quick question...I have fastpasses booked for an upcoming trip with a MYW ticket/resort stay. If I upgrade the MYW ticket to an Annual Pass, do my current Fastpasses become associated with the Annual Pass? Just want to make sure the FPs won't be lost. Thanks!
The only way this is a problem is if you're staying offsite and have more than 7 days of tickets/FPP booked, since AP's are limited to 7 days at a time of FPP. Assuming by resort stay you mean you're staying onsite (or if your MYW ticket is 7 days or less), it shouldn't be a problem. If by chance you have more days than that booked and are offsite, then you'd want to cancel the days (more than 7) that would be easiest to replace since otherwise usually the later out ones would fall off first (even if those weren't the ones you'd choose).

MDE updated today, along with the Disney website. Some pretty good clarifications on FP+ I think.
Can you give a link to this? Im not inside the 60 day window yet, so I am unable see anything about FastPasses on my MDE, but I probably am doing something wrong

Can you give a link to this? Im not inside the 60 day window yet, so I am unable see anything about FastPasses on my MDE, but I probably am doing something wrong
Your FP window opens when you are exactly 60 days out from your check-in date.

All info in the first post of this thread by mesaboy2 is still current.

If I've booked all my Fast Passes via the app, do I just show my phone to the cast member when it's my time?

Ah ok, I didn't know that. I'm staying off property so plan to just get magicbands in the first day and link our accounts to them.

Now because of that, I'm undecided as to whether to even take my phone with me into the parks. I'd only use it for wait times/ character locations

Ah ok, I didn't know that. I'm staying off property so plan to just get magicbands in the first day and link our accounts to them.

Now because of that, I'm undecided as to whether to even take my phone with me into the parks. I'd only use it for wait times/ character locations

Your phone can also be useful for changing FPs and ADRs on the fly. That may or may not be useful depending on your party!

Thank so much! This really helped clear my confusion. First Time FP+ user here on a last minute 2.5 solo trip 1/17-1/19

How soon can we make fast pass reservations for Pandora World of Avatar? It's supposedly opening in May which is only 4 months away. I normally wouldn't even go the day of an opening of a land, but since this was Disney's first answer to Universal making The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I've been anticipating it's opening.

How soon can we make fast pass reservations for Pandora World of Avatar? It's supposedly opening in May which is only 4 months away. I normally wouldn't even go the day of an opening of a land, but since this was Disney's first answer to Universal making The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I've been anticipating it's opening.
FPs won't become available until Disney can absolutely confirm which date the rides will open. There will be soft openings as they ensure all is good to go.

Just keep checking TPAS, Rumors and News, Disney Parks Blog, and especially this thread as it gets closer to your FP booking window and then your actual vacation dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts