Fastpass Enforcement coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said rumors that enforcement was coming. They turned out to be true, so they are no longer actually rumors. They happened to include a reason, which although not confirmed by anything also were not denied either, which could still be considered a rumor, but with a high likelyhood of also being true.

I dispute saying that the overuse of late FPs is a logical conclusion at this point. It MIGHT have reached that status if there was no other reasons on the table, but it still wouldn't necessarily have been the only reason - perhaps someone just decided to enforce them for no reason other than they wanted to? That's still a possibility too, but I admit it's the least likely of the bunch.

You keep saying "no actual evidence", but there isn't any actual evidence supporting that it was done for overuse, either. Therefore it is also left in the "rumor" bin.
When news first broke about the late fp enforcement, everyone was quick to point the finger, blaming each other and XPass. Then I started to read comments like "with flexibility came abuse" and stuff from other sources. Overall, I think it could be a little of both. I already knew about XPASS, before the news. What concerns me is Disney's communication with the CM's. Why would they provide CM's with an official memo with reasons for the enforcement with no mention of XPASS or a new system? Obviosuly, because it's nowhere near ready.

Anyway, did you have a chance to read my perspective on how XPASS could be offered to visitors? I was in another thread and a trusted and well respected CM seemed to back up what I was saying. Other than the timeline, are your views about XPASS still the same or have you changed them? Do you still think XPASS will entirely "pay for play" and just for deluxe guests? :wizard:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before in this long thread, but what is Genx, and how is it compared to x-pass or fast pass?

Sorry, dyslexia, fatigue and my bird brained cockatoo...NexGen. Lol

Disney's Billion $$$$$ NextGen project, is RFID technology, that Disney believes will bring Guest experiences to the next level. You will be able to track purchases, book attractions, reserve dining, save a spot for the parade, etc. This, supposedly, will be implemented with the opening of FLE, but it appears, Disney is already easing this into place (i.e. Enforcing FP window).

I'm curious why you don't think fast pass survives. Don't you think both fast pass, in it's current form, can exist side by side with a new "pay" system that gets you even better line placement? I think if they removed fast pass all together in favor of pay only, that would be a customer service disaster for Disney. What do you think?

I've been faithfully following along but hadn't chimed in yet. I wouldn't put much stock in Disney caring about a P.R. disaster. Their park attendance numbers have been healthy enough for long enough that they can absorb whatever small hit they would take from doing away with a free fastpass system. Plus, there could be a whole new market for people who would rather pay for the x-pass system than deal with the crowds, lines and free fastpass. Look at how many people on these boards swear by staying at the Universal resorts when they visit those parks because of the FOTL perks.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before in this long thread, but what is Genx, and how is it compared to x-pass or fast pass?

X-pass will be part of the next gen system Disney will roll out. Instead of KTTW cards, most of the articles have said guests will receive RFID wrist bands that will track your X-passes for attractions/character meets/parade viewing and ADRs.

I've been faithfully following along but hadn't chimed in yet. I wouldn't put much stock in Disney caring about a P.R. disaster. Their park attendance numbers have been healthy enough for long enough that they can absorb whatever small hit they would take from doing away with a free fastpass system. Plus, there could be a whole new market for people who would rather pay for the x-pass system than deal with the crowds, lines and free fastpass. Look at how many people on these boards swear by staying at the Universal resorts when they visit those parks because of the FOTL perks.]

They already have a template in DLP where various resorts/packages get a certain amount of FP's and there are not nearly as many FP opportunities available in the park. Given that WDW is even more geared to attracting onsite guests, I would speculate that the bulk of free FP's will be given to resort guests as part of their package with the pay system open to all. It actually makes alot of sense, although I hate the idea myself.

For anyone going during the phase in, are the CM's mentioning the 5 min early 15 min late exception?

Uh, huh. OK. At first i thought that.

I asked. I ignored. But after a while there was no humor. Since you're obviously not paying attention very closely here.....let me review for you........

He's been specifically attacking my posts for days, for dozens of pages.

I then ignore ...and continue with others....but he can't resist. After I interact with others he posts...

I ignore again....

later that day..... he picks out one of my posts, and responds to it, except, confused, he loses track of who he's sniping at the moment, he mixes up attack lines...

The post had nothing to do with mine, and was misdirected.....in fact another poster instantly responded...

I respond with a question about this...

He responds:

I ignore again...
Then, when someone responds to me...he chimes in with back handed insult....
as if to say I wasn't.

See, so far I'm not really seeing any humor.

More civil conversation ensues while he hides out in the corner....watching...not making any posts at all....until...he responds to someone else with another back handed comment about those that might disagree with them...

Ok, maybe slight humor...if you're making fun of someone.

Then, he picks out another one of my posts that he wasn't involved with. He hasn't posted to anyone for pages, but now he's back with...

later down the page....another jab at a post that he wasn't involved in...

Moments later, another post, that doesn't even make sense in the context of the conversation...
I never said anything about Tom Staggs being the only one allowed to provide data. It was, in fact, someone else who even brought him up.

Again, later...another post that he's not involved in...his jumps out of the woodwork again to respond...

Again, I'm ignoring all of this...but he persists...
I was speaking on behalf of what others claimed they knew. If they knew more they weren't saying. But why bother explaining this to him...i'd just invite more trouble.

So I continue to ignore.

I asked someone else to share their "fair amount of evidence" that would make their case.

He couldn't help himself....

Then moments later...a dual snipe at both me and another poster...

After pages of talk of groupies and boogers, I respond to someone else....
He's right there on the attack....with his mildest response ever.

After several pages of intelligent talk about space lizards that he happily engages in, I respond to another poster about a fast pass discussion.
Instantly, he' right there within seconds....

At that point...I decided to take his bait......

The very large, days long in the water, bait.
He suddenly went "classy" at that point.

He's a piece of work.

I'm not sure a sense of humor what what was missing here....

Any cheese to go with all this whine?

On the Internet, you can "pretend" to be whoever you want -- and based on the nature of your insults as well as your strangely obsessive comments about my sexuality, I'm starting to think you're a child. And that makes this whole conversation creepy.

If I was a thin-skinned as you, I'd go back and count up all your insults and sexual innuendo and come up with your "score" since you like to play that game so much. But guess what? Zero interest here. I haven't even read all your attacks (including most of the post I quoted above) so I'm certainly not going to go back and count them.

So, have at it... but I'm still not going to start slinging mud with you.

I just got back from a 10 day trip, and not one (!) CM said anything about the upcoming FP return times. There is no signage, and no mention of the policy changing.

I did ask CMs at the headliners if it was coming and they said yes, I asked about the grace period and I got conflicting information, some said yes they had been told the 5 min/15 min rule and others said no.

I also was told by three CM over the course of the week that my FP were good anytime after the initial return time. One was working at Uptown Jewelers in the MK, one worked custodial at Epcot, and one was at the turnstiles at DHS. When I joked "well, until March 7th", I was met with blank stares. Apparently the info has not been disseminated to the average CM, which could lead to even more trouble for implementation.

What I'm thinking is that the 5 min/15 min grace period may be unofficial, unpublished policy. That the company line is to enforce the one hour window- but the front line CM will allow some leeway.

So the big question is- will the FP enforcement team begin skewering people who use their FP within the unpublished grace period, or has it somehow become OK if I enter the FP line with a 10 minute expired FP. I will be still be in front of people who used their FP on time, and I know how much those precious seconds count! ;)

Oh and for the record, I kept track of how I used FP over the course of the vacation, only twice did I make it within the window, I also pulled a large number of FPs I never ended up using. Based on my recent experience, I'm going to really limit any trips I take during the busy season once FP enforcement begins, at least until I'm done with strollers and naps.

I don't see how it will be possible to get as much done under the new rules, despite how much some people think this will enhance the guest experience.

I just got back from a 10 day trip, and not one (!) CM said anything about the upcoming FP return times. There is no signage, and no mention of the policy changing.

I did ask CMs at the headliners if it was coming and they said yes, I asked about the grace period and I got conflicting information, some said yes they had been told the 5 min/15 min rule and others said no.

I also was told by three CM over the course of the week that my FP were good anytime after the initial return time. One was working at Uptown Jewelers in the MK, one worked custodial at Epcot, and one was at the turnstiles at DHS. When I joked "well, until March 7th", I was met with blank stares. Apparently the info has not been disseminated to the average CM, which could lead to even more trouble for implementation.

What I'm thinking is that the 5 min/15 min grace period may be unofficial, unpublished policy. That the company line is to enforce the one hour window- but the front line CM will allow some leeway.

So the big question is- will the FP enforcement team begin skewering people who use their FP within the unpublished grace period, or has it somehow become OK if I enter the FP line with a 10 minute expired FP. I will be still be in front of people who used their FP on time, and I know how much those precious seconds count! ;)

Oh and for the record, I kept track of how I used FP over the course of the vacation, only twice did I make it within the window, I also pulled a large number of FPs I never ended up using. Based on my recent experience, I'm going to really limit any trips I take during the busy season once FP enforcement begins, at least until I'm done with strollers and naps.

I don't see how it will be possible to get as much done under the new rules, despite how much some people think this will enhance the guest experience.
Thank you so much for the update!!! There is hope for this thread, after all! I cannot wait to see how Disney will actually go about enforcing late FP's, we'll see... :goodvibes

Here comes number....4

On the Internet, you can "pretend" to be whoever you want -- and based on the nature of your insults as well as your strangely obsessive comments about my sexuality,
Obsessive comments about your sexuality? I'm betting you can't post a single one as an example, since it never happened. It appears that's your new defensive technique.

I'm starting to think you're a child. And that makes this whole conversation creepy.
If I only had a nickel for every time this silly desperate line was used at the end of dead-end internet conversations. It's truly a classic. You are, after all, the master. Keep flailing, maybe someone will throw you back in the water.

If I was a thin-skinned as you,

See, it's funny you say that, since I was the one ignoring your attacks for days. But once it comes back at you.....look out. We're talking paper thin here.

I'd go back and count up all your insults and sexual innuendo and come up with your "score" since you like to play that game so much.
You don't need to. It's already chronicled here for anyone to look at. You won't do it.....you can't do it.....because it would fall on deaf ears. It means nothing in the big picture. You threw spitballs from the back of class for days, now you're upset that a video of your antics is playing on the big screen in the gymnasium. You were given plenty of chances to prove your skin thickness, your true colors, and the like. You've no where to go at this point, except where perhaps you should go....away. Since you have no interest in discussing fast pass with anyone, and only throwing spitballs, it's clear your only reason for squatting here is to protect your street cred.

I haven't even read all your attacks (including most of the post I quoted above) so I'm certainly not going to go back and count them.
You haven't read the "attacks". So, how do you know they were attacks? The post you quoted above is mostly your quotes...you doing the talking.

So, have at it... but I'm still not going to start slinging mud with you.
Not going to start? That's funny coming from the person wiping mud off their hands after they re-posted their own mud fest.
WOW. :scared1:
Are you getting a nose bleed from being up there on the high ground?

See, I'll be responding to the people who want to talk about fastpass, and you will probably....not be. But I'll keep a running tab just so others can keep up with your charade.

...I cannot wait to see how Disney will actually go about enforcing late FP's, we'll see... :goodvibes

my opinion would be that if they want to change the rules to the current FP system, they would need to roll out those changes as a "new" FP system so people think of it as a new system rather than a change to the current system. even though the reality is that it would be a change to the current system. Basically a marketing ploy.

Here comes number....4

Obsessive comments about your sexuality? I'm betting you can't post a single one as an example, since it never happened. It appears that's your new defensive technique.

If I only had a nickel for every time this silly desperate line was used at the end of dead-end internet conversations. It's truly a classic. You are, after all, the master. Keep flailing, maybe someone will throw you back in the water.

See, it's funny you say that, since I was the one ignoring your attacks for days. But once it comes back at you.....look out. We're talking paper thin here.

You don't need to. It's already chronicled here for anyone to look at. You won't do it.....you can't do it.....because it would fall on deaf ears. It means nothing in the big picture. You threw spitballs from the back of class for days, now you're upset that a video of your antics is playing on the big screen in the gymnasium. You were given plenty of chances to prove your skin thickness, your true colors, and the like. You've no where to go at this point, except where perhaps you should go....away. Since you have no interest in discussing fast pass with anyone, and only throwing spitballs, it's clear your only reason for squatting here is to protect your street cred.

You haven't read the "attacks". So, how do you know they were attacks? The post you quoted above is mostly your quotes...you doing the talking.

Not going to start? That's funny coming from the person wiping mud off their hands after they re-posted their own mud fest.
WOW. :scared1:
Are you getting a nose bleed from being up there on the high ground?

See, I'll be responding to the people who want to talk about fastpass, and you will probably....not be. But I'll keep a running tab just so others can keep up with your charade.

Street cred? On a Disney chat board? :rolleyes:

Big screen? Gymnasium? Where do you come up with this stuff??? But sorry, I'm still not going to play your game no matter how much you instigate. Knock yourself out.

Sorry, dyslexia, fatigue and my bird brained cockatoo...NexGen. Lol

Disney's Billion $$$$$ NextGen project, is RFID technology, that Disney believes will bring Guest experiences to the next level. You will be able to track purchases, book attractions, reserve dining, save a spot for the parade, etc. This, supposedly, will be implemented with the opening of FLE, but it appears, Disney is already easing this into place (i.e. Enforcing FP window).

OK, so nexgen is RFID. Sound pretty cool. But why would that mean that fast pass as we know it goes away and we only have a pay system after that? Can't they implement this and still keep a system where you have a free fastpass like it is now?

Street cred? On a Disney chat board? :rolleyes:

Big screen? Gymnasium? Where do you come up with this stuff??? But sorry, I'm still not going to play your game no matter how much you instigate. Knock yourself out.

You clicked...you played. It's tough to just stay quiet, isnt' it? I can speak from first hand experience, considering I ignored you for so long....but you were the master of instigation. My strong will was no match for your endless powers of instigation.

Now you must live with what comes out of the box...

Their park attendance numbers have been healthy enough for long enough that they can absorb whatever small hit they would take from doing away with a free fastpass system. Plus, there could be a whole new market for people who would rather pay for the x-pass system than deal with the crowds, lines and free fastpass.

Well, that's good point about the crowds, but this is kind of a major change. Has there ever been a situation where Disney started charging for things like this where before they were always free?

Look at how many people on these boards swear by staying at the Universal resorts when they visit those parks because of the FOTL perks.
Do they have a pay reservation system there?

Thank you so much for the update!!! There is hope for this thread, after all! I cannot wait to see how Disney will actually go about enforcing late FP's, we'll see... :goodvibes

There is hope, indeed. I'm not really as concerned about FP enforcement as I'm intrigued by all of this other technology being discussed.

You clicked...you played. It's tough to just stay quiet, isnt' it? I can speak from first hand experience, considering I ignored you for so long....but you were the master of instigation. My strong will was no match for your endless powers of instigation.

Now you must live with what comes out of the box...

Oh, I'm not going to be silent even if that's what you're wishing for upon a star. :tinker:

But I'm not going to be crawl around in the mud with you either.

It's downright comical how all five of my supposed "attacks" on you are nothing more than responses to *your* name-calling and *your* attacks on my sexuality. And all my responses say the same thing: I'm not going to sink to your level.

If that's what passes for an attack in your world, then so be it.

By the way, repeating something, paraphrasing it, making unsuccessful (and bizarre) analogies and showing how high you can count doesn't make a thing you say true.

In fact, you've said repeatedly you're only going to discuss Fastpass, but you just keep right on attacking -- as I'm sure you'll attack this post.

Have a magical day!

Anyway, did you have a chance to read my perspective on how XPASS could be offered to visitors? I was in another thread and a trusted and well respected CM seemed to back up what I was saying. Other than the timeline, are your views about XPASS still the same or have you changed them? Do you still think XPASS will entirely "pay for play" and just for deluxe guests? :wizard:

I do not have a specific belief as to how xPASS will be offered yet. Too much conflicting info.

I do not believe it can be entirely free. The added expense at a number of levels would raise costs too much without a ton of return. But it could be used as a loss leader on other things, like increasing deluxe bookings. So I can see the logic in it possibly being free to deluxe guests - but it could also be added as a "discount"-type benefit - "Book now, and receive a free xPASS for each guest...", but be offered in general for a price.

But counter to it being offered in general - that's an awful big audience, with some "experiences" needing to be limited by nature. So there would need to be limitations placed somewhere. If it's first-come first-served on the experiences, I'd be awfully POd if I spent the $79 (or whatever extra), and then COULDN'T get the experiences I want when I want them.

Or they have to intentionally price it out beyond most people's budget, creating the class system that they try to avoid (at least on a large scale).

Here comes number 6...

Oh, I'm not going to be silent even if that's what you're wishing for upon a star. :tinker:
I figured as much. You can take the occupier out of the park, but you can't take the park out of the occupier...

But I'm not going to be crawl around in the mud with you either.
But you...keep.....on.....doing it.

It's downright comical how all five of my supposed "attacks" on you are nothing more than responses to *your* name-calling and *your* attacks on my sexuality.
You've never posted on example of such attacks on sexuality. It only exists in your head. You apprently missed (and continue to ignore as if they didn't happen) the days of un-returned attacks that I chronicled. You only believe that time began AFTER the lotion was lowered in the basket. You conveniently forget everything before that. That's Ok, that's what cut and paste is for.

Now THAT'S comical. :rotfl:

And all my responses say the same thing: I'm not going to sink to your level.
And every time they're as silly as the time before, considering your days of posts over dozens of pages of you scuba diving at near crush depth while I stayed silent.

If that's what passes for an attack in your world, then so be it.
Yes, that's what passes. That's why I initially asked you about those attacks and indicated I thought you were......attacking.

By the way, repeating something, paraphrasing it, making unsuccessful (and bizarre) analogies and showing how high you can count doesn't make a thing you say true.
This paragraph would be interesting if you actually connected it with something that happened. But why start now?

You don't like analogies....that's clear. You attacked two of mine. But offered nothing in the way of a logical reason why you don't agree. See, that's not your style. You'd rather not "roll in the mud" of discussion and debate...you clearly like to snipe and run and laugh.

In fact, you've said repeatedly you're only going to discuss Fastpass, but you just keep right on attacking
I'm discussing fast pass with others in the thread who want to discuss fast pass. YOU DON'T. If you continue to initiate responses that have nothing to do with that, you get one in return, unlike the first 3 days where I ignored you. If it's about fast pass, it's about fast pass. But so far, it has never been with you.

but you just keep right on attacking -- as I'm sure you'll attack this post.

OH...now I get it. You think that responding to you is attacking. You believe that responding to an attack, is thus.....an attack.

You play and you poke and you prod for days....then run for the high ground and declare "an attack" on your delicate sensibilities when you get what you wanted all along......a response.

As long as you don't continue this, you won't hear from me. I'll be talking with legitimate posters who are talking about fastpass.

But you now own this mess...signed, sealed and delivered. It's really up to you.

Thanks for that bit of information. I think the reality of the change will be slightly decreased wait times for stand-by lines. As you noted, and as most people probably will experience, guests will pull FPs and sometimes either miss the window or elect to do something else and not use the FP at all. Assuming most of those guests don't jump into the stand-by line, that means fewer people "in line." So the stand-by lines might just move a little faster if they enforce return times.

Of course, all this changes if/when they start selling ride passes or giving them to resort guests. When that happens, vacation planning becomes even more competitive as we'll all be logging in at midnight, 180 days out, to make ride reservations for the best times. Then this board will be fielding questions like "I could only get a FP for Expedition Everest at 7:15-8:15 but I have ADRs for Ohana at 6:15. Can I make it?" To paraphrase a beloved ride: "We've got something now called the Rat Race. It used to be called a vacation!" :)

Here comes number 6...

I figured as much. You can take the occupier out of the park, but you can't take the park out of the occupier...

But you...keep.....on.....doing it.

You've never posted on example of such attacks on sexuality. It only exists in your head. You apprently missed (and continue to ignore as if they didn't happen) the days of un-returned attacks that I chronicled. You only believe that time began AFTER the lotion was lowered in the basket. You conveniently forget everything before that. That's Ok, that's what cut and paste is for.

Now THAT'S comical. :rotfl:

And every time they're as silly as the time before, considering your days of posts over dozens of pages of you scuba diving at near crush depth while I stayed silent.

Yes, that's what passes. That's why I initially asked you about those attacks and indicated I thought you were......attacking.

This paragraph would be interesting if you actually connected it with something that happened. But why start now?

You don't like analogies....that's clear. You attacked two of mine. But offered nothing in the way of a logical reason why you don't agree. See, that's not your style. You'd rather not "roll in the mud" of discussion and debate...you clearly like to snipe and run and laugh.

I'm discussing fast pass with others in the thread who want to discuss fast pass. YOU DON'T. If you continue to initiate responses that have nothing to do with that, you get one in return, unlike the first 3 days where I ignored you. If it's about fast pass, it's about fast pass. But so far, it has never been with you.

OH...now I get it. You think that responding to you is attacking. You believe that responding to an attack, is thus.....an attack.

You play and you poke and you prod for days....then run for the high ground and declare "an attack" on your delicate sensibilities when you get what you wanted all along......a response.

As long as you don't continue this, you won't hear from me. I'll be talking with legitimate posters who are talking about fastpass.

But you now own this mess...signed, sealed and delivered. It's really up to you.

Looks like you put a lot of time into that. Sorry, still not going to bite.

Have a magical day!

You've never posted on example of such attacks on sexuality. It only exists in your head.

Actually, to be fair it also exists in every other head who's read this thread (other than yours apparently). He posted that he was in fact a male, and you followed up with continuing to call him a queen, several times.

I sure hope I don't earn another number.... ;)

They already have a template in DLP where various resorts/packages get a certain amount of FP's and there are not nearly as many FP opportunities available in the park. Given that WDW is even more geared to attracting onsite guests, I would speculate that the bulk of free FP's will be given to resort guests as part of their package with the pay system open to all. It actually makes alot of sense, although I hate the idea myself.

Rumor has it, free ding will be a thing of the past. Disney will introduce a new promotion to fill resorts.

Do they have a pay reservation system there?
Actually, more like an "anytime" FP. It's free for resort guests or can be purchased in limited quanities by anyone (VIP Pass or an add on) Tickets are limited and prices vary (weekends, seasons and holidays) An adult VIP's price..$169.99-$259.99..w/o $120.
1-Day Park to Park VIP Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission and unlimited Universal ExpressSM Access* to BOTH Universal Studios Florida® AND Islands of Adventure® on any one (1) calendar day.

Disney is spending billions for NexGen, they need a return on their $$$$$$$$$. Guests will pay..one way or another..they're gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter