FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 60 days in advance can you only book 3 fast passes total, or can you book 3 for each day of your trip?????:confused3 Very helpful thread by the way :yay: And is the fast pass per person. For example can my husband and myself each have 3 of our own that are not the same? Or is it per family?

As a resort guest, 60 days before arrival you can reserve three FP+ per day, per person, for each day of your trip.

So yes, you and your husband can each have three FP+ of your own if you want to do that.

But of course if you and your husband each have three different FP+ of your own, then you both can't use all 6 (i.e. you would each have to ride separately)

But of course if you and your husband each have three different FP+ of your own, then you both can't use all 6 (i.e. you would each have to ride separately)

Exactly. If you want to ride together at the same time, then you need to book the same FP+ for each person for the same time, or overlapping times.

We have relatives who are staying offsite and meeting us for 1 day at MK. It does not appear that they are going to purchase tickets ahead of time despite my telling them they could make FP+ at 30 days. Can they just take their ticket to a kiosk and swipe it to make FP+ or are they going to have to set up MDEs first? Since they are going to be slowing me down as it is (haha), if they have to set up an MDE anyway I will make them do that part at home at least.

So offering a FP increased demand for these attractions? I don't see why that would happen.

The new system may have increased demand since guests are not able to pick their favorite attraction twice in their 1st three FPs they may end up picking secondary attractions. In the past they may have skipped these secondary attractions but now that they have FPs they will do it.

Also, during morning hours, the demand increases by the minute. If there is only a standby line, the guest maintains position in the wait for the attraction. Now with the addition of FP, that guest in standby is bypassed by additional FP riders as the demand increases while waiting on the ride. If there is no true increase in demand (e.g. as mentioned in 1st paragraph) but just the normal increase that takes place during the day, then the impact may not be noticable later in the day when demand has stabilized but may be more noticable in the morning hours for standby riders.

ok, so we can have 3 FP per day, but then after we use them we can possibly get more at a kiosk, correct? If I'm at MK and use my three, can I use the kiosk there to get one at EP for later or can you only use the kiosk in each place for that park only??(hope this makes sense):confused3

ok, so we can have 3 FP per day, but then after we use them we can possibly get more at a kiosk, correct? If I'm at MK and use my three, can I use the kiosk there to get one at EP for later or can you only use the kiosk in each place for that park only??(hope this makes sense):confused3

You have to be in the park where you want to choose the next FP+, so you can't make a FP+ for Ep while still at MK.

I am so lost in all of this Magic Band info. :eek:

Is there a current list of suggested things to use the Band for or to avoid? Like the one in the first page of the thread. Or is that still good to go by?

Thanks!!

Did I read that it was possible to go to a hotel concierge desk and make the 4th FP? It would be great if you could go out EPCOTs back door for lunch and stop at one of the hotels to make the 4th for HS!

I am so lost in all of this Magic Band info. :eek:

Is there a current list of suggested things to use the Band for or to avoid? Like the one in the first page of the thread. Or is that still good to go by?

Thanks!!

Mesaboy is really great at keeping the list on the first page updated and accurate. I am not sure there is anything more current. :thumbsup2

We have a large party traveling together and all of us have the same FP+ selections. One or more of our party likely won't be using their fast passes because they don't want to ride certain rides. Can they let those fast passes expire and then grab a 4th fastpass with the rest of us or do they have to reschedule one of the earlier ones they missed?

We have a large party traveling together and all of us have the same FP+ selections. One or more of our party likely won't be using their fast passes because they don't want to ride certain rides. Can they let those fast passes expire and then grab a 4th fastpass with the rest of us or do they have to reschedule one of the earlier ones they missed?

Why not change their FPs to something else at the same time?

We're a group of 11 from 3 different households. My 2 sisters in law hate the thought of any sort of roller coaster. So, while the rest of the crew is doing Big Thunder, they're doing the Jungle Cruise. While we do Test Track, they're doing The Land.

Why not change their FPs to something else at the same time?

It may go down like that - it may not. This is the grandparents' first trip with our daughters and they may want to stay with us. My daughter loves some rides that my MIL won't ride but everyone but her and my 2-yr old will so she likely won't go off by herself and ride something. I could cancel her FP+ but don't know if that would make it difficult to schedule later on when we're on our 4th and she's on her 2nd. I think I read that there are rules against overlapping for the first 3 so if the rest of us could get an immediate fast pass but would have to wait until her hour window expired, it would be better if she just blew her FP and didn't enter the queue or just skipped it if you aren't forced to reschedule it.

Why don't you do what we did. We have two riders and two non riders (when it comes to some of the 'thrill' rides,) so we did a few days as follows:

Two riders booked FP for Space Mtn for 3:00-4:00
Two non riders booked FP for BTM for 3:20-4:20

We are going to have the riders use our bands to ride BTM. This will allow them to ride both within the hour and a half window and cause us non riders to have much less 'waiting around' time.

Forgive me if this has already been answered. I tried doing a search, but did not find the results I was looking for. :confused3 Anyway . . . our family of 4 will be travelling to Disney in August. On our DHS day only 2 of us will be riding ToT. The other 2 will ride something else. Currently, we have FP+ scheduled for ToT for DH and DS from 9:50-10:50 and then a FP+ for myself and DD for GMR from 10:00-11:00. I know on the first page it says that FP+ cannot overlap, but since it is for different people is this ok? I cannot see both sets of FP+ on MDE.

Forgive me if this has already been answered. I tried doing a search, but did not find the results I was looking for. :confused3 Anyway . . . our family of 4 will be travelling to Disney in August. On our DHS day only 2 of us will be riding ToT. The other 2 will ride something else. Currently, we have FP+ scheduled for ToT for DH and DS from 9:50-10:50 and then a FP+ for myself and DD for GMR from 10:00-11:00. I know on the first page it says that FP+ cannot overlap, but since it is for different people is this ok? I cannot see both sets of FP+ on MDE.
I have the same situation. I think the overlap has to be ok, otherwise we couldn't schedule it. Right? I hope.

I have the same situation. I think the overlap has to be ok, otherwise we couldn't schedule it. Right? I hope.

We have multiple situations that overlap like this. I think it looks at each individual person's FPs, so it allows you to overlap because it's not for the same people :thumbsup2

We have multiple situations that overlap like this. I think it looks at each individual person's FPs, so it allows you to overlap because it's not for the same people :thumbsup2

That's what I think too. I just don't want to end up trying to use my FP+ and find out I was wrong. :rolleyes1

My FP+ day is this week and I need some opinions from experienced people. :)
I know that 4 people in my group want to do 7DMT and that I sadly cannot. (back problems) So I was thinking of getting ETwB for myself at around the same time. My question is, do you recommend I do this on my 60 day date or rather that I do all 5 for mine train and then go into the system on another day to modify mine? From what I could see playing around on the website, it seemed easy enough to assign people to different FPs, but I have read here that it is better to assign everyone the same ones and then go in and change it later.
Also, everyone seems to be recommending website over app. I have bookmarked website on my phone home screen. Should I use that in the parks instead of the app? I thought the app was OK once you got there.
And lastly, thanks again mesaboy for this wonderful thread and thanks to all the helpful people who take the time to reply to even the most complicated questions! ( plus all the repeated ones!)

My FP+ day is this week and I need some opinions from experienced people. :)
I know that 4 people in my group want to do 7DMT and that I sadly cannot. (back problems) So I was thinking of getting ETwB for myself at around the same time. My question is, do you recommend I do this on my 60 day date or rather that I do all 5 for mine train and then go into the system on another day to modify mine? From what I could see playing around on the website, it seemed easy enough to assign people to different FPs, but I have read here that it is better to assign everyone the same ones and then go in and change it later.

I typically use the website because I like being able to see everything I am doing. I have used the app, though, and it works just fine for changes like this.

My 2 cents worth is to make all 5 FP+ together, then go in and change your 7DMT to ETWB after the group's are made for the day. This way, you will have times that are the same even though you are at different attractions. I have done this several times for our group of 18- we have my parents who don't go on many rides and my 2 year old nephew, so some rides are a challenge!

My advice is to make the 3 FP+ selections for each day, and change your times around to get the times you want. Once that is done, change the rides you cannot do to something else for those same times. Then everyone stays on the same schedule. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter