FAQ & Guidelines for Discounts and Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand either... maybe I missed something.

Can these codes be used by anyone other than the individual that receives it? If so, do people that received them share them on here? :confused3

If I am not an AP holder nor a Florida resident, but Disney does have my name (via Disney website and vacation DVD), would it be possible to have a code associated with my name if I called and asked? Or, are codes only given with names of AP holders? If I call and say, "My name is XXX. Could you check if there's a code with my name?" Would the CM say, "Ummmm... you are not even in our system." I don't want to call and sound like an idiot, but don't want to miss out if there's a code for me. :confused3

If you have already booked your Disney trip can you still get pins or offers and use them? We are thinking about staying at All Star Music in a family suite. Are suites included in the discounts as well?:laundy:

If I am not an AP holder nor a Florida resident, but Disney does have my name (via Disney website and vacation DVD), would it be possible to have a code associated with my name if I called and asked? Or, are codes only given with names of AP holders? If I call and say, "My name is XXX. Could you check if there's a code with my name?" Would the CM say, "Ummmm... you are not even in our system." I don't want to call and sound like an idiot, but don't want to miss out if there's a code for me. :confused3

I am wondering the same thing. I think I am in their system due to getting a code postcard last fall.

If they have your name and address-you should be in there system,,you'll definitely want to check to make sure they have your correct name and address as I know alot of people have had problems with moving and getting married and what not! Also no CM should be rude to you or talk down to you and if they do, ask to talk to their supervisor or hang up on them and call again...you'll get someone completely different! good luck!

I have a question. I received a "pin" in the mail for 40% a room as long as I book by March 31, 2008. So, about a month ago I contacted Diseny Travel Co, to get a quote using this "pin". The CM gave me a quote for the room, tickets, and dining plan. Now, here I am, a month later, and booked my stay. (It's my honeymoon actually!) The CM I spoke with today told me that I can't use the "pin" if I wanted to add the dining plan because it is for room only and adding the dining plan turns it into a "package'. What? They didn't tell me this before! So, is this correct? I'm confused! :confused3

How do you find these PIN/codes???? There is 3 letters and a bunch of numbers on my Vacation DVD...is that one of these? Or am I just crazy! I'm getting so confused the more planning I do! :) I have a Disney visa also, but I'm not getting any kind of emails from them...should I be??

I have a different question, I hope it is OK I am asking it here. What are bounceback offers?

We will be staying at the Poly in July and we plan to return again in October. I don't have reservations for the October trip yet. Is it possible I will be offered a discount for coming back a few months later?

Would it be for the same resort or possibly a bounceback discount offer for a different resort?

How common is this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

;)

Last November('07) I recieved the DvD from Disney. There was a code...A CODE!!! I specifically remember telling my daughter about it and not being exactly sure how it worked. I didn't know any better....thinking my trip was a no go I threw it out. Someone please KICK ME!!!! :crazy2: Gosh I wish I had known about this site then. Being the new galcan really be a bummer:sad2:
Well guess what? I AM going 08/12-08/19:banana: and we are excited. Code or not this is an awsome experience!
1.May I ask, are there ever any codes besides free dining in August?
2.My package is almost paid for, if I pay it off...will I be able to apply a code if one does come out?

Thanks for the great information, I swear I learn something new about Disney everyday!

I requested the Vacation Planning DVD and shortly after, received an e-mail with a pin in it, giving me a discount if I booked a room at a value resort within certain dates. There was no expiration date listed in the e-mail, only dates for our stay. When I tried to call and use the pin, I was told it expired a week ago. But there's no date in the e-mail for when this pin expires. I was under the impression that it was good until they booked all the rooms, from the way the text was written.

"Hurry! Rooms book up fast, so book your vacation today! Call 407-W-DISNEY or your Travel Agent. Be sure to have your PIN." Notice, there is not a word on when the offer will expire. I've looked and looked through the entire e-mail. No expiration is given, and I looked through the e-mail both with and without graphics.

Grrr.... the lady on the phone said that she could not use the pin, it had been removed from her computer when it expired and was no longer available. She gave me a number I could use to call and complain to the advertising department. They'll be open tomorrow. :(

I am currently waiting for my first AP to be mailed to me...I ordered it this last week and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival in the mail, so I can get into the 'passholder's' section of Disney's website and see what discounts are available.

Am I understanding all this correctly...are you saying it's NOT a good idea to make my reservations through the website?

Carol

I am currently waiting for my first AP to be mailed to me...I ordered it this last week and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival in the mail, so I can get into the 'passholder's' section of Disney's website and see what discounts are available.

Am I understanding all this correctly...are you saying it's NOT a good idea to make my reservations through the website?

Carol

Only downside I can see is passholder room only made online has a 45 day cancellation policy. Made on the phone its a 5 day. Also by phone they can help you with alternative dates if your first dates arent available

A 15, 20, 25 ,30 or 40% off room-only code .. sometimes can be used with a package.. But when you do so, you are still only getting (x)% off the room portion of your package costs. The Tickets, dining plan and any other optional add-ons are at the normal rate unless your offer explicitly says otherwise.

The CM I had told me you could NOT get a DDP with a room only code. Is this correct? I didn't want the DDP at a discount - just the room. He said the DDP was also viewed as a discount item so you can't have two discounts.

From my understanding a "package discount" calculates out to be a discount on the room only. However, a package requires you to buy at least a one-day ticket and you can add regularly priced dining. A package discount with "free dining" means the room and tickets would be regular price. On packages, a 45-day cancellation is required.

A discount for "room only" does not require park tickets but you also can't add dining. With a "room only" discount, you can buy discounted tickets separately through various means (see Mousesavers.com). Also, "room only" discounts/reservations have a 5-day cancellation.

A 15, 20, 25 ,30 or 40% off room-only code .. sometimes can be used with a package.. But when you do so, you are still only getting (x)% off the room portion of your package costs. The Tickets, dining plan and any other optional add-ons are at the normal rate unless your offer explicitly says otherwise.

The CM I had told me you could NOT get a DDP with a room only code. Is this correct? I didn't want the DDP at a discount - just the room. He said the DDP was also viewed as a discount item so you can't have two discounts.

As long as you get tickets with the room you can get the DDP also. Call back and talk to a differant CM

You can only get the dining plan on a room only if you book using an annual pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!