FantasyWorld review Feb 2013

luckycharliegirl

Mouseketeer
We had a week stay at Fantasy World Resort the first week of February. Because of great reviews on TripAdvisor and other booking websites I thought it was a great choice, although I was a bit leary at some comments regarding outdated room. Therefore, I requested an updated room, which we received.

Anyway, i will start with the positive.
The pool area is amazing!! 2 waterslides, lazy river, nice size pool, hot tub, bar, and activities during the day. you can't beat it! If you plan on spending a lot of time at your resort by the pool, definitely consider here. Overall, the outside of the resort is beautiful.
So the condo... The kitchen is updated nice and is a good size, as well. And the condo is a good size, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, washer/dryer.

Ok, the negative. The condo is still very outdated. The couch and LR chair look about 30 years old, very worn out. The main bedroom, at least for us, really was 2 twin beds put together. What a way to sleep separated from your spouse. The upstairs bathroom, although has a small but nice sink, has a bathtub that was litterally chipping away. Was it painted? I'm not sure but definitely was very old. The toilet was ''updated'' with a new seat- it was a different color than the toilet. The downstairs bathroom has an outdated shower stall.

We paid about $105 a night total, which is great for 4 adults. It also is about 10 minutes or so from Disney entrance and 20 to Universal. With so many choices I would not stay there again but it does have it's pluses for some families.

Thanks for the review. I've looked at Fantasy World online a few times and wondered about it. The pool area sounds nice. Hopefully they plan on renovating the units soon.

Lucky girl - did you use the shuttle to the parks? If so, can you tell me how the schedule was?
Considering this resort or the Nickelodeon suites for our 14 11 and 9 yr olds first Disney trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter