Family Magic Tour?

mickeyluv

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about booking the Family Magic Tour. We have a 7-yo daughter. We arrive for our first day of our vacation on a Friday. Do you think it would be too much to do this tour on a first day and also on a Friday? How busy are Friday's at the MK or does that really matter about how busy they are? Thanks for the help!! :confused3

I don't think it matters how crowded it is when you go on the tour. It's pretty structured and you have a cast member to guide you and take care of everything. I would do it towards the end of your trip if you can. You will be too excited to go on rides and explore when you first get there. Towards the end you are much more relaxed and don't mind missing 2 - 2 1/2 hours of prime morning park time. It is a blast and something that you and your family will really enjoy. We are going to do this again in July even though our daughter was too shy to talk to Peter Pan and Wendy. She loved the treasure map and thought the hunt was very cool. :earboy2:

how much walking/how fast is this tour? My son will love it, but he wont be rushed!!!

I don't know. This will be our first time doing this tour. Thanks for asking that question though. I'm interested in hearing some answers about that also!!!

We've signed up for this on our upcoming trip. It starts at 10:00 am. Given that this is your arrival date, will you be able to make it on time?

My DD (age 7) and I did the FMT back in December and had a great time.

As the above poster mentioned, the tour isn't really impacted by how busy the MK is. You just go about your tour with the tour guide regardless of the rest of the people at the MK.

I thought the pace was very leisurly. Given that we were on the tour during a very slow time of year (Monday, Dec 13 to be exact), there was only one other family on the tour with us. They had a boy about 4 and the pace seemed fine for him. You do cover most of the MK in the 2 hours but again, pace seemed leisurely and there were periodic stops to look for 'clues'.

We did the tour on our last day which I really liked because we had 'done' the MK very thoroughly on other days so we were very relaxed and not worried about 'missing' ride time. I think it just depends on your mindset. On one hand, doing it first thing would be a great way to kick of your vacation and get the 'lay of the land' so to speak.

Happy planning! I would highly recommend the tour.

Is your daughter shy or easily embarassed? I think the kids who enjoy it the most are outgoing and willing to act crazy. :banana: :cool1: We had a great time on the tour and our sons were 3 and 5 at the time. We loved it and would recommend it for something really special!

Both boys were completely worn out at the end! So yes, there is a ton of walking involved! And if a child won't stay with the group then they just get left behind. We had to keep rushing our DS3 along to keep up with the group and he missed hearing some of the information.

I agree to take the tour later in your trip. We didn't feel exactly rushed on the tour, but we also did not stop and smell the roses. You are on "a mission" during the tour and everyone stays together.

:wave2:

We arrive on a Friday afternoon and I have the tour scheduled for Saturday morning. I can not wait! Its me and my 5 year old going and I figure that we aren't really into the rides so this will be a great start to our trip.

We are going to do this tour near the end of our trip - It sounds like so much fun!! :cool1:

Remember to ask about discounts when you book this - you can get 15 % off with AAA and 20% with Disney Visa!

This is one of our family's favorites! Each time we go we convince other family members to join us, now it has become one of their favorite events too. I think the pace may depend on how many people are in your group, as well as your tour guide. We have had very different experiences on each tour. We have even done it twice in one trip! It is some of the best spent money on our Disney trips. The tour guides do a very good job of including everyone and trying to keep everyone together. We are now planning a Dec trip and one of my extended family members wants to know if we can do it twice in this trip! AP holders also get a discount.

Your kids will be able to handle the walking/pace. Our daughter was 4 and did just fine. We had two 10 minute breaks to get a drink, go to the bathroom, ect. Actually the kids all ran around and the adults rested! The tour part probably takes 90 minutes and the last 30 is visiting with whatever character shows up at the end. Peter Pan and Wendy showed up on ours. Peter was very entertaining. Now our daughter is extremely shy around the face characters and Peter didn't miss a beat. He said he figured the pirates must have cut out her tongue and that's why she wouldn't talk to him. Then they took all the kids to Mickey's Philharmagic and we all sat in the first row. Afterwards they visited with us some more and swore all the kids as lost boys and girls. So the last 30-45 minutes is visiting with the characters and watching Mickey's Philharmagic. You will really enjoy it. AP holders and DVC members can get a 15% discount. Awesome!

Just wanted to say that we did this tour last summer with our then 4 yr old DD and we loved it. The best part was the end with Peter Pan and Wendy. I have pics of my DD walking through the park holding Wendy's hand on our way to Mickey's Philharmagic. :lovestruc
I would definitely do this tour again whenever we get a chance to go back.
Enjoy it!! :cool1:

I was thinking of doing this tour and wanted to know if it would be okay for a 2 1/2 year old?

Thanks.

NBFUN said:
I was thinking of doing this tour and wanted to know if it would be okay for a 2 1/2 year old?

Thanks.
There is a lot of walking through the park for little legs. My DD was 4 and a half and she sat in the stroller for part of it, but it was also in July and extremely hot. To be honest, I'm not sure a toddler would understand all the clues but I'm sure he/she would love interacting with the characters at the end. If this is a once in a lifetime trip then I would say go for it. If you think you will be returning to Disney in a couple of years then you could wait until your child might have a better understanding of it all. I hope this helps. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter