"Extra" free air miles/mile points

mskayjay

<font color=magenta>They were sooooo good I had um
Just an FYI.... Did you know that you can set up your Verizon and other monthly bills to be paid automatically by credit card? Our monthly family plan bill for all of our phones comes to over $200 and that is an extra 2400 miles per year! I checked on our cable company and they will do the same thing! Both then send you a bill with $0 due so you know it has been charged to your account. Sweet way to earn points, pay less bills by check, save postage, etc. Just thought you might like to know! :)

Oh heck yeah! Isn't it awesome! The automatic charges I have on my credit card are:
  • Cellphone
  • home phone/internet/cable
  • World Vision (charity) <--- I send in a check once a year to offset the CC charges
  • Young Life (charity) <--- same as above
  • newspaper delivery
  • AAA
  • Weight Watchers
  • DH's EZ pass (for turnpikes)

Not all of these are monthly (AAA and newspaper less often, and EZ pass is on an as-needed basis). It'd be great if we could come up with a list of things we can put on our CC, so we can all rack up the rewards dollars! Wouldn't it be great if we could pay our mortgage on our CC??? (That's never going to happen, I know!)

hey - I just realized that you're KJ - first name Karen! Are you me?? ;)

DH and I are earning "extra" miles on NWA by playing a silly luggage game on their website. Once per day we sit down at the computer and play....each time you play you earn more points/miles. It's a pretty painless (read: FREE) way to earn them! LOL

We pay all our bills ,groceries,gas and even some dr's visits by using our AmericanExpress card to get Sky miles.
We plan on using them to fly to Hawaii next year.

Oh I wish I could pay my mortgage that way! lol You actually can if you do it by purchasing travelers checks with your credit card but because that counts as a cash advance and usually starts being charged interest immediately, you need to pay ahead to do that. Great if you can afford it.

We did the kids university tuitions and all of our other stuff on there though. Thats why our trip this time is totally free. Very happy. :thumbsup2

After credit card charges, my best extra miles come from shopping online through the airlines shopping portal and dining using a credit card registered with rewardsnetwork.com. -- Suzanne

Oh I wish I could pay my mortgage that way! lol You actually can if you do it by purchasing travelers checks with your credit card but because that counts as a cash advance and usually starts being charged interest immediately, you need to pay ahead to do that. Great if you can afford it.

We did the kids university tuitions and all of our other stuff on there though. Thats why our trip this time is totally free. Very happy. :thumbsup2

The day I can pay student loans and my car* with my Visa, I will do a dance of glee.
Keep your eyes peeled for other extra waya to get miles-I learned after I checked out of a Comfort Inn that i could have gotten SW rapid rewards for that stay.
*My old auto loan company let you pay by Discover, for a $12 fee. :scared1: :scared1:

Do you have a link for the luggage game for points? I don't see it on their site.

Thanks!

Hi Gretchen! It's the "Miles To Go" promotion at NWA.com.......
go to the main nwa page and look for the promotions link near the top! Sorry I don't have the exact link for you right now. Good luck and have fun!

We are having a baby next month and I plan on paying for all deductible / co-insurance charges with my credit card....then paying it off with the money we have in savings.

So...add doctor visits/medical expenses to the list. We have a $20 co-pay for most visits...so, it isn't much...but, it does add up.

Speed :teleport:

We are having a baby next month and I plan on paying for all deductible / co-insurance charges with my credit card....then paying it off with the money we have in savings.

So...add doctor visits/medical expenses to the list. We have a $20 co-pay for most visits...so, it isn't much...but, it does add up.

Speed :teleport:

Absolutely! Any place I go that will take a credit card, I use my Visa and then pay it off at the end of the month. I just had surgery on Friday and paid my upfront costs with it, will pay any other parts we owe, etc. It all adds up! I am however shopping for a different card as Cap One annoys me but we'll see. The one thing that is really cool is they said to charge my trip so I get my points for that purchase as well and THEN they will pay it off with my mileage points! Sweet! :woohoo:

The day I can pay student loans and my car* with my Visa, I will do a dance of glee.
Keep your eyes peeled for other extra waya to get miles-I learned after I checked out of a Comfort Inn that i could have gotten SW rapid rewards for that stay.
*My old auto loan company let you pay by Discover, for a $12 fee. :scared1: :scared1:

Well, Discover sends me checks every month so if you use the Discover check to pay the loan and immediately send the payment to Discover, you shouldn't incur any interest charges.

We heat our house with Oil and we pay for that with our card also. These points will really add up this winter.

;)

Well when I started first grade, we had 51 of us in my first grade classroom with one Catholic nun and a 12 inch ruler! lol There was myself and one other Karen. I always told my mom I wish she had called me by my middle name because I liked it better......Michele with only one L thank you! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter