Explain the Target/Disney gift card thing please

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
So I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I admit I never paid too much attention. But... if I understand it right, you buy Target gift cards when they are 5% off, and then use the gift card to buy a Disney gift card? Then combine all your Disney gift cards to purchase tickets, meals etc...?

You are correct. If you use your Target Red card to purchase Disney Giftcard (or any giftcard target sells except target giftcard) you will receive 5% off. You can use that Disney gift card anywhere in Disney. For food, paying for the hotel, Disney Cruise, etc.. more info here https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ProductInformation/WhereToUse Also if you would like to get creative or not carrying a ton of cards with you use https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ to combine all your Diney gift cards into 1 card.

So I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I admit I never paid too much attention. But... if I understand it right, you buy Target gift cards when they are 5% off, and then use the gift card to buy a Disney gift card? Then combine all your Disney gift cards to purchase tickets, meals etc...?
Close but not quite right.
You don't need to purchase a Target gift card.
You purchase Disney Gift Cards at Target using your Red Card for a 5% discount

You could take it a step further. We have a Disney Vacation Account (DVA) and I load the Disney Gift Card which I purchased at Target for a 5% savings. The DVA returns $20 to you for every $1000 you load into the account and use on reservations, dining, park tickets, etc. So hypothetically, dining costs us $1400. I purchased $1400 worth of gift cards for $1330 @ Target then I got another $20 gift card from DVA and we saved a total of $90. Every penny you can save at Disney is worth it to me!

You can also purchase discounted Target cards at sites like Raise.com to rachet down the pennies a little further. And I have heard that you can simultaneously use a 5% off coupon (from filling x# of prescriptions at Target) to make the total off 10%, but I've never tried and have no idea if they still do this.

You can also purchase discounted Target cards at sites like Raise.com to rachet down the pennies a little further. And I have heard that you can simultaneously use a 5% off coupon (from filling x# of prescriptions at Target) to make the total off 10%, but I've never tried and have no idea if they still do this.
This was stopped about a year ago

I did this and similar things to acquire Disney gift cards at discount. Mostly revolving around Amex offers and many many Amex cards. For example, Amex had a Shoprite offer for $20 off a $75 purchase. I used this to buy many gift cards at over 25% savings. Lowe's had $30 of $150. And so on.

My bad, hit quote instead of just reply:)
I just purchased $300 of Target electronic GCs from cardpool at 4.5% off and then used those to buy Disney GCs from Target online with my Redcard 5% discount. So for the $300 Disney GCs I paid $271.50 a savings of $28.50:)

Can Canadians set up one of those Vacation savings accounts? I really, REALLY want to be able to go next summer, but the dollar forecast is pitiful, and it looks like realistically we could be seeing a rate of 50% next year. Having to pay $1900 for a 5 day basic pass is painful (and that's assuming there's no major price increases between now and next spring). DH suggested we could look at doing a "things other than Disney" trip to Florida, but I think it would drive me nuts to be so close and unable to go, lol.

Usually I have gone to Costco or BJ's (both require membership) and buy discounted Disney Gift Cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter