Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

WAHHHHHHHHHH!!! :sad:

It's not over! It's not over! It's NOT over!

Loved your parting shots of CBR. Beautiful.

And the Disney signs

But I especially loved the first picture of the tunnel in Mobile. I thought you were back on Space Mountain!

I know you have a little wrap-up, and then

Bring on the PTR!

:goodvibes:

Last day! :sad2:
That tunnel looks so cool! I know you had a picture of it when you were heading to Disney, and I was kind of excited to see some more tunnel pictures on your way back.
Loved your TR! It was very entertaining as always:) Looking forward to your PTR!

that was to funny about you bringing that up. My dad has a letter he write to my mom well they were dating on a piece of paper from a motel It list things like Air condition and TV, but it also mentioned it was carpeted throughout and had AM radio. Pop Century has signs like that leading up to it.

Okay, I know I am in the minority, but I am not at ALL sad that your TR is over! I can't wait for the PTR!!! Lets get going, please let me know when you start!

LOVED your final pics at the resort, how beautiful! And the pics home were great...who took your pic at the rest stop? Camera timer? Loved it! That IS a long drive though!

Car horns WERE made for honking, it keeps people out of my lane, which seems to be happening a lot lately. Rachel has become very aware of cars since Drivers Ed looms and she said this week she can't believe how many people swerve into our lane when we are driving..it is GOOD to be a defensive driver, some people are so distracted they have NO idea where their cars are going.

Back to the PTR popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: I am so READY!!!

Looks like it's another great trip in the books, I mean who could ask for more we had drama in contraband & theft (although I'm not sure that's theft) and then we had the touching family moments with complete crazy fun to end it. Sounds like a great vacation to me. Can't wait for the PTR to start.

Lisa, what I wouldn't give for those temps! Snowed here yesterday for a bit. I am so ready for something here to look green again!
Sad your trip is all over. But on the flip side.....that just means it's almost time for you to be going back!! :woohoo:
Are you still planning that 1 night at POR? Even though it is so much like your own home, I know you are going to like it there.

We're still waiting for that Spring weather to arrive here! We got snow on the 1st night of Spring! I think by the end of the week, though, it's supposed to start warming up.

I like how you've ended your Trip Report just at the right time to get a PTR started for your May trip!

I'm glad your vacation ended with you all safely arriving home. :)

Yay!!!! Such a bittersweet moment! Sad that this TR is coming to an end, but excited for the PTR!!! ;) Your trip will be here before you know it!!!

Traffic looked good for your drive. Lots of good pictures too.

Traffic wasn't bad until we got near Tallahassee and then Pensacola and Mobile.

I have to say my favorite picture is the upside down one. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Your son just cracks me up.

I hated that long drive home...and, of course, our ride was a heck of a lot longer. And that is why we fly now (even though I hate flying).

It's always good to get out and stretch the legs...even if only for a few minutes.

There's never a dull moment when Hunter is around! :rotfl:

I wish airfare was cheap enough for us to fly. It would help if there was a larger airport nearby.

Only you could make interstate/rest stop pictures and details be fun, Lisa! :)

I can't believe it's the end. I've enjoyed reading your report. Look forward to reading your PTR!

The drive is soooo long and there are big stretches of nothingness so there's nothing really to do but take pictures.

The pre-trip report has started!

Ugh, I hate this being over. Thank goodness in only a few short months you will be back

I know! We are at just 50+ days!

omg Lisa i had to laugh so much at your "horn honker" comment because....... way back in 1902,well when the dinosaurs roamed the earth ...okay not really but a very long time ago when hubby n I were first dating there was this promotion where the burgers were 35 cents so we used to go with all our friends all the time and hubby would get annoyed because he would always end up with crappy fries n mine were always really good he used to say his "how come u get all the nice ones n I always end up with a box full of horn honkers" because his were so hard n crispy that he could honk the car horn with them . I had forgotten about that until I read this so thanks for the chuckle

I remember when McDonald's used to have el' cheapo burgers on Super Bowl Sunday!

I hate horn honker fries! I like the crispy ones! I need to tell Hunter that story. I know that he'll laugh like crazy.

I don't think there is anything more sad than the day you leave Disney world, EXCEPT! The end of a TR. :sad1: :sad2:

I love every bit of your TR, thank you for sharing your beautiful family and trip with us. :lovestruc :goodvibes

Thank you! It's been great writing the report and reliving the memories.

great trip report Lisa...we usually do the drive from Houston and somehow it always seems longer on the way home! This year we have decided to fly as my 4 yr old is desperate to fly in a plane. I cant say I wont miss the 1000 mile drive AT ALL!! Cant wait for your next trip report. You have me all excited for CBR now looking at your pictures, thank you so much.

The drive home ALWAYS seems so looooong! If we had a decent sized airport in our area, the airfare for us to fly might not be that bad. But, as it is, our airport is so small and we'd have to drive to a larger airport 2 1/2 hours away.

Hope you'll join in on the pre-trip report!

So sad that your Disney stay is over, but it's great that you get to go back soon. It will be May before you know it.

I am ready for it to get here and for us to meet ya'll!

The only thing that makes this update not as sad is that your next trip is just around the corner.

I know! I'm so excited for our next trip! :cool1:

WAHHHHHHHHHH!!! :sad:

It's not over! It's not over! It's NOT over!

Loved your parting shots of CBR. Beautiful.

And the Disney signs

But I especially loved the first picture of the tunnel in Mobile. I thought you were back on Space Mountain!

I know you have a little wrap-up, and then

Bring on the PTR!

:goodvibes:

Actually, it's NOT over. :lmao: I've got the wrap-up to post. ;)

I said the same thing about the Mobile tunnel! Great minds think alike!

Pre-trip report just started!

Last day! :sad2:
That tunnel looks so cool! I know you had a picture of it when you were heading to Disney, and I was kind of excited to see some more tunnel pictures on your way back.
Loved your TR! It was very entertaining as always:) Looking forward to your PTR!

We don't have any tunnels in our area at all with Mobile probably being the closest. I think it's super neat!

that was to funny about you bringing that up. My dad has a letter he write to my mom well they were dating on a piece of paper from a motel It list things like Air condition and TV, but it also mentioned it was carpeted throughout and had AM radio. Pop Century has signs like that leading up to it.

That's a neat thing for your mother to have kept! I bet the carpet was shag.

Okay, I know I am in the minority, but I am not at ALL sad that your TR is over! I can't wait for the PTR!!! Lets get going, please let me know when you start!

You were the first to post on the pre-trip report. :thumbsup2

LOVED your final pics at the resort, how beautiful! And the pics home were great...who took your pic at the rest stop? Camera timer? Loved it! That IS a long drive though!

Camera timer! I was surprised that I figured out how to do it. Actually, now that I think about it, I think Hunter figured it out. :rotfl:

Car horns WERE made for honking, it keeps people out of my lane, which seems to be happening a lot lately. Rachel has become very aware of cars since Drivers Ed looms and she said this week she can't believe how many people swerve into our lane when we are driving..it is GOOD to be a defensive driver, some people are so distracted they have NO idea where their cars are going.

Good for Rachel watching how others drive. It's like I told Hunter, it's not just you that you have to look out for but for other cars as well.
Back to the PTR popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: I am so READY!!!

Looks like it's another great trip in the books, I mean who could ask for more we had drama in contraband & theft (although I'm not sure that's theft) and then we had the touching family moments with complete crazy fun to end it. Sounds like a great vacation to me. Can't wait for the PTR to start.

It was a great vacation! I loved almost every minute of it(can't forget the medication meltdown)!

Lisa, what I wouldn't give for those temps! Snowed here yesterday for a bit. I am so ready for something here to look green again!
Sad your trip is all over. But on the flip side.....that just means it's almost time for you to be going back!! :woohoo:
Are you still planning that 1 night at POR? Even though it is so much like your own home, I know you are going to like it there.

And, here I am fussing about it being 50 today. I'm sure that you'd take that over snow right now.

Changed POR to POFQ. Will be posting details in my pre-trip report.

We're still waiting for that Spring weather to arrive here! We got snow on the 1st night of Spring! I think by the end of the week, though, it's supposed to start warming up.

I like how you've ended your Trip Report just at the right time to get a PTR started for your May trip!

I'm glad your vacation ended with you all safely arriving home. :)

Our local weather also includes your area and I think about ya'll when they give Arkansas weather. We were going to come up your way a few weeks back when Cirque du Soliel was there. But, the timing wasn't right and we didn't make it.

Yay!!!! Such a bittersweet moment! Sad that this TR is coming to an end, but excited for the PTR!!! ;) Your trip will be here before you know it!!!

It was a bittersweet moment! I was glad to be home but ready to go back to Disney already.

The Agony & The Ecstasy!

I started this trip report on June 11, 2012, and, now, 199 pages, almost 3,000 posts and 265,947 views later, it’s time to wrap it up! Wow! I can’t believe those numbers! Who would have ever thought it? I certainly never did! I'd like to give a great big THANK YOU to all of you who stuck it out with me, who relived the good and the bad with me and who laughed with me. I really do appreciate it!

I’m elated to post that there really isn’t much “agony” to write about other than the afternoon/night that went haywire on the cruise. That, though, was due to John’s medication change-over and his epilepsy and could have happened whether we were at home or on vacation. There were a few little blips like the poop smell that was in the air in our cruise stateroom, the rude castmember at Guest Relations and the fact that we didn’t get to visit with Christy for very long because John’s lingering problems.

The “ecstasy” is a whole different story! I could go on and on about the ecstasy moments like the fact that we took our very first cruise and sunned on a private island, that we were all together as a family at the Happiest Place on Earth, that we got to see Disney through Jesse’s first-timer eyes, that we pulled off the surprise of taking the family to see Cirque du Soliel and that we laughed until our sides ached many times over.

The memories that we made on this trip will forever live in our hearts!

Photo0004FourBySix.jpg

Photo0014FourBySix.jpg

Photo0018FourBySix.jpg

Photo0029FourBySix.jpg

Photo0058FourBySix.jpg

Photo0059FourBySix.jpg

Photo0068FourBySix.jpg

Photo0101FourBySix.jpg

Photo0106FourBySix.jpg

Great wrap up. I think you actually got this one done faster than normal too. You go girl. (as I putt putt along on mine)

You guys got some fabulous photo pass pictures and Jesse looks to have have a wonderful first trip.

Awww.. Sad to see the end of this trip. Love your wrap-up though! I've already subbed to your Pre-Trip, so I'm looking forward to reading about your next adventures!

Hi Lisa
Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. Your trip reports are the best! And I know I am not alone in saying you had me laughing out loud many times!

Looking forward to hearing all about your next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter