Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

Lots of posters here swear by them. They are probably most valuable during this time of year.

Thanks for the info! One more question... we'll be staying off site, so we won't be able to utilize the morning magic hours from 7-8am... can we get in the at 7am though (and just not be able to ride the rides) or do we stand outside the turnstiles until 8am? Also, for those experienced early birds out there, how much earlier should we get to the parks (before park opening) in the week between Christmas and New Year's? Thank you, thank you!!

dduckyoda said:
Thanks for the info! One more question... we'll be staying off site, so we won't be able to utilize the morning magic hours from 7-8am... can we get in the at 7am though (and just not be able to ride the rides) or do we stand outside the turnstiles until 8am? Also, for those experienced early birds out there, how much earlier should we get to the parks (before park opening) in the week between Christmas and New Year's? Thank you, thank you!!

You will likely not be allowed in (through the turnstiles) during AM EMH. I don't know if they relax that a little during super-busy season, but I expect not.

no they have a separate line for those who can enter early

Hi,
I did have a request for TK's battle plan for WDW during the holiday week in December/January. Here is goes in a nutshell. Of course counter measures may be required for unexpected events. ;) The majority of our Disney Park vacations have been during Christmas break. I find planning is the key to a great vacation.

All plans - enter park as soon as possible in the morning taking advantage of Early Entry/Magic Morning. By about noon we've done all the 'biggies' we wanted to. We also always plan a TS meal mid-day as a nice break from the crowds. Pehaps not as necessary when the crowds aren't as impressive.

Sarge's typical battle plan:
WDW2012.jpg

I love your calendar and it's very similar to the one I do! I send it out to everyone as I plan with updates and changes, and then we all have all the same info...I print it out and keep it with me during the trip. :cheer2:

This is the plan for our upcoming trip. I have the reservation numbers listed. I'll print this out at about 60% on card stock and have it in my handy back pack.

EPCOT - Tip: Plan a dinner/illuminations dining reservation for the evening.

Enter park, send your most brisk walker with all tickets to 'The Land' and get FastPass (FP) for Soarin'. Have them meet the rest of the party back at Test Track - ride. If the time is available to get another FP (check the bottom of your current FP), get a FP for Mission Space. Sometimes we wait in the S/B line and ride MS. (Not my DH though as motion rides and his body don't have a mutually enjoyable relationship).

Back over to 'The Land' to ride Soarin'. Ride the cute Nemo ride if you'd like. Have a snack and then enjoy Captain EO if you would like. If not and it's time that you can enter the World Showcase - do so. We like to start at the end by Mexico and work our way around to Canada. If you want to ride the ride in Norway - do it early. This plan has us at Morocco right about lunch time for our favorite CS meal - Schwarma Platter - DELISH.

Afternoon is when we ride the golf ball ride and explore in the front area. The name escapes me. Spaceship Earth perhaps? We enjoy the other ride in Land - Living with the Land I believe.

BEST EPCOT MEMORY - We did the Segway Tour (have to be 16 or older) on New Years Day. Well worth the memory.

Evening - Enjoy a leisurely dinner and then view Illuminations.

We find EPCOT feels less crowded than other parks. Probably because it's so big.

Animal Kingdom

Enter the gate and hot foot it back to Expedition Everest. (We head counter clockwise around by the Nemo Show) Again - send the fleet of foot ahead with all tickets to get a FP. Ride EE from the S/B line until the line gets to be more than 20 minutes. At this point you are probably due for another FP.

Head to Africa and get a FP for the Safari. We usually plan breakfast at Tusker House for around 10. Nothing better than a delishous buffet and then ride the safari using our FPs. Back to EE to use that FP.

Not to miss is the show "Flights of Wonder" bird show. It is my DH's absolute favorite. We usually see it at least twice. Check the slip with show times. Other shows at AK - The Lion King - enjoyable although we've seen it a lot so we don't take it in any more and Finding Nemo - a very cool black light and huge puppet musical.

After Flights of Wonder we usually go over to Dinosaur and see "It's tough to be a bug" and wander back to Flights of Wonder again. We enjoy the parade at AK too.

Magic Kingdom -

Enter the park - feet like wings back to Tomorrowland. Ride Space Mountain until the line becomes > 20 minutes (or until your folks leave you to do other things). DH doesn't do motion rides so he rides Buzz Lightyear until our sons are done with Star Tours. I usually go over to Fantasyland and ride my favorites over there.

If you have young children, head right to Fantasyland and then go to Tomorrowland.

After having fun at FL and TL then head around the back of FL and ride Haunted Mansion. If it's a favorite like it is for us, get a FP for a bit later. Next, off to ride Big Thunder Mountain RR and/or Splash Mountain (another good one for a FP). Pirates is in there too.

By this time you've ridden all the biggies you want to ride and now after a bit of a snack/lunch/breakfast you can enjoy at your leisure all the great things MK has to offer. The Hall of Presidents, the BEST 3-D show next to the Muppets - Mickey's Philharmagic, shopping.

I began my tour plans using "The Unofficial Guide to WDW". Best $ I ever spent on a touring book.

Hope this helps with your planning and if not, you get a look at my plan for December. ;)

TK

I love your calendar! Very similar to the one I make. We go as an extended family so I email it out as I adjust, and then print it out and we all carry it with us...very handy if you split up. :cheer2:

Here's a photo I took this weekend:

Please click it to see it full size (lots more detail).

Yes, agree with PP...beautiful picture. Especially with the wet surface. For a moment, I was wondering how a lake could possibly be in front of the castle!!!

I know it is in this thread somewhere, but I am hoping someone can answer me a lot quicker than me searching for it. When do they generally release the dates for the Christmas party? I am trying to work out a rough draft for us when we go in November, but need to know the party dates so we can have those listed as well. Thanks! :thumbsup2

They usually announce the dates after the Flower and Garden Fest. But if it helps, the first party last year (2012) was Nov. 9th.

I know it is in this thread somewhere, but I am hoping someone can answer me a lot quicker than me searching for it. When do they generally release the dates for the Christmas party? I am trying to work out a rough draft for us when we go in November, but need to know the party dates so we can have those listed as well. Thanks! :thumbsup2

In April or near to it.

When general park hours are announced for November, you will have a big clue: look for any MK hours that end at 7:00p. That should be a MVMCP night.

Mesa, I forget, when they release the dates though, tickets don't go on sale right away though do they? When is that?

I didn't look back in the thread yet but what about release of Halloween Party dates and sales :)

Mesa, I forget, when they release the dates though, tickets don't go on sale right away though do they? When is that?

I didn't look back in the thread yet but what about release of Halloween Party dates and sales :)

As I recall, tickets went on sale for both MVMCP and MNSSHP at the same time last year, very near to the first of May. If memory serves, that's been the pattern the last few years, but I will defer to anyone with a stronger memory. :)

Great info. We are going to be there sometime in the future and just nice to have some enjoyable reading material.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter