Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by CanadianGuy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. amberlina29307

amberlina29307 Earning My Ears

is a unique offer code the same as a pin code?

2. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Yes. They changed the name last year.

3. amberlina29307

I remember chatting with you the other night while we waited for FD or the next morning when it crashed!!! So I have a question maybe you can help with. I got the UOC today for % off the room. My family has 3 rooms with 6 adults & 15,12,4 yrs old. we were booked in POP before FD but had to switch to ASSp b/c of availability. Now I have the pin and both FD & discount are offered. But I am having a hard time figuring which is the best offer for us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

5. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

With that many people, FD is going to most likely be a much great savings. The way to see which is better is to price out the a package with the room discount and subtract it from the same package at full price. If the savings is enough to feed all of you, take the room discount, but I really don't think it will even come close. You might be able get back into Pop with free dining with the UOC code, though.

6. amberlina29307

thanks. I was hoping we could switch back. No one in my family really likes sports and we like Pop's dedicated bus.

7. map330

map330 Earning My Ears

Sorry if this has been asked. I currently have a reservation with UOC, but we may need to change our dates...would they let me carry over that code? For reference, we are currently booked for off-peak time in early December and would move to off-peak time in late February or early March, in case that matters...

8. grannyminnie

grannyminnie DIS Veteran

May I ask which code that is? Is is the 25% off?

9. map330

map330 Earning My Ears

To be honest i don't know specifically..I only found out about the code when I called to book. But I think it was 30% off room since the deal I got was a little better than the regular room discount for that time.

As luck would have it, I actually received in the mail today a UOC for the time we were thinking about switching too, so I guess this question is moot now...but I'm still curious, would be good to know for the future, or if anyone else was wondering the same thing.

10. grannyminnie

grannyminnie DIS Veteran

That must be the same code my sister got when she called. I had already booked our trip but apparently, there was no pin code attached to my name. The CM suggested I have my sister call to see if she had one and sure enough, where we had the 25%, we figure we got at least 30.

11. sep1180

sep1180 Mouseketeer

Curious to know if we are booked at the CR garden wing and a discount comes out for May 2016 what the odds are of us being able to apply it to that room and hotel? Or am I going to have to switch hotels to use a discount?

12. DisneyRomance

DisneyRomance Going Back!!

Anything is possible. We are waiting for discounts as well. Booked to go in July, but willing to change time and resort (within Moderate range) for a better price.

13. sep1180

sep1180 Mouseketeer

I'm fine with changing resorts for a better price. Anything to save some $ I'm all for!

14. DisneyRomance

DisneyRomance Going Back!!

In '13 we were able to upgrade from AOA LM room to CSR for a flat $200 increase. It was Sooooo worth it as the AOA LM rooms were too new for discounts at that time. SO yes we paid more, but queen size beds alone made it well worth the $200.

DarkAngel likes this.
  15. amy hood

amy hood Mouseketeer

Can you use a general code or Disney code or pin on a Jr. Suite at CSR?

16. Fanta Howell

Fanta Howell Earning My Ears

Can

17. Fanta Howell

Fanta Howell Earning My Ears

18. LashwayFamily03

LashwayFamily03 Earning My Ears

After reading through this thread I'm wondering if everyone thinks it's worth it for me to call CRO and check for a PIN code attached to my name? Getting twitchy waiting for Disney to release discounts for July that would work with our trip plans. Any thoughts are very welcome. :)

19. TXStormtrooper

TXStormtrooper Mouseketeer

I received an offer in the mail this week. Before I had a chance to call to see if it would save me money over my current reservation discount, my husband threw it away thinking it was moot since we have already paid for our upcoming trip (and trash was picked up this morning). Am I totally out of luck now, or will they have the information in my file if I call?

20. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

They'll have it. Good luck!

21. Em's GiGi

Em's GiGi Mouseketeer

Thanks for this.... very confusing, but very helpful.