Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I’ll be in flight at 7am on my first day. Has anyone successfully gotten a VQ for either GotG or Tron from the plane on the way to Disney?
I am always out on the first flight of the day when I fly down, usually around 6-6:30am so I’m always in the air at 7 and I’ve gotten Guardians every single time on JetBlue’s inflight wifi. I have never tried for Tron though because I am very hesitant to do so, I’m actually TOO quick and I don’t want to run the risk of getting an early group that gets called before I even get to property, and I don’t want to slow to intentionally try for a later one and run the risk of missing it altogether. Guardians I don’t care because they let you come whenever.

Can you get into a virtual queue without a reservation on a Good to Go day? Curious how that works as that would mean everyone could get into the VQ. Thanks!

Can you get into a virtual queue without a reservation on a Good to Go day? Curious how that works as that would mean everyone could get into the VQ. Thanks!
Yes. I did it on a few days last week. On the Good to Go days I had the option to join either of the virtual queues at 7am. I secured a GoTG VQ, but then started my day at HS. On the one day that required a park reservation I could only join the GoTG VQ with an Epcot park reservation.

Question re: Tron VQ strategy
I am an AP holder traveling with and managing a ticket+PH holder for a very short trip - on our MK day, we are aiming to go to MK in the afternoon/evening, with HS in the AM. It's highly unlikely we'll be in MK by 1pm.

If I want to have any chance at a Tron VQ, am I correct that I'd have to make a park reservation for MK, try to get the VQ at 7am, and then change my reservation to HS?

Question re: Tron VQ strategy

If I want to have any chance at a Tron VQ, am I correct that I'd have to make a park reservation for MK, try to get the VQ at 7am, and then change my reservation to HS?
Yes, with the understanding that you must return to Tron within your 1 hour return window.

Does anybody have a good feel for how long VQs are used before rides switch to ILL only? I'll be going for a week after christmas and just trying to predit which rides would still have it by then. Would GotG:CR would still be using VQ that late in the year or would it just be Tron that would still have it. Maybe Tiana's Bayou if it's finished by then?

Does anybody have a good feel for how long VQs are used before rides switch to ILL only? I'll be going for a week after christmas and just trying to predit which rides would still have it by then. Would GotG:CR would still be using VQ that late in the year or would it just be Tron that would still have it. Maybe Tiana's Bayou if it's finished by then?
It is truly impossible to predict. I would anticipate Tron VQ may be moved to Tiana's Bayou but again, that's purely a guess.

I'm not sure if/when Guardian's will ever be anything other than a VQ.

I think WDW has only ever had 4 VQs? Rise, Remy, GOTG, Tron? But Remy and Rise were during a reopening period following Covid, so not sure we actually have a comparison to figure out how long Disney thinks they need to keep them for Tron and GOTG, or if they'll implement it for Tiana's.

Has there ever been two rides with VQs both in the same park?
Yes, but only very briefly. Journey of Water had a VQ at least during its soft opening; I assume it did for a little while after official opening. Last October on my EPCOT day, JoW was in soft opening, and I had an early morning VQ for GotG:CR. I didn't look if I could book JoW VQ until after I rode GotG. I was able to get JoW VQ after riding GotG; I'm not sure if I could have booked it earlier.

We will be arriving this coming Monday, shooting for Epcot Tues. Looks like the 1:00 Guardians VQ is still showing availability as of 3:30 today 2/27? Is that normal now? or slow day?

We will be arriving this coming Monday, shooting for Epcot Tues. Looks like the 1:00 Guardians VQ is still showing availability as of 3:30 today 2/27? Is that normal now? or slow day?

Today, tomorrow and Thursday are good-to-go days for passholders. So my guess would be not as busy.

There really is no pattern I can see as to what dates the Guardians VQ lasts longer.

But, it does happen…
IMG_6249.png

I was able to obtain a 1PM VQ for GofG last week and not in park but had been earlier.
Did you check into a different park after you were in Epcot (and before you did the 1pm VQ)?

Curious if we could do Magic Kingdom say 7:30am-10am, then park hop somewhere else, and try for Tron 1pm VQ while in a different park.

If I get a BG for Tron at 7 and ride it early then hop to Epcot, can I get a Guardians BG at 1?
you mean Virtual Queue I assume...yes. yesterday, we got 7am Guardians and got Tron at 3pm actually (couldn't get to MK until then). They called our VQ for Tron at 9:57pm...and we were in bed already. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter