Ever thought about buying your place of employment?

Lighting wholesaler.

Can you install the four outdoor lighting fixtures I bought this past summer? Two for either side of the front door and two more for either side of the garage door. The old ones are dated and crappy looking and need replacement. DH says he'll get around to it, but hasn't yet. Now it's too cold outside. Looks like I'll have to wait until spring.

If you can, I'll front you some seed money for your business. ;)

Oh yeah, there's also a new lamppost fixture and pole to install.

Lots of responsibility being a business owner, and in the lighting biz--plenty of burn-out.:jester:

Can you install the four outdoor lighting fixtures I bought this past summer? Two for either side of the front door and two more for either side of the garage door. The old ones are dated and crappy looking and need replacement. DH says he'll get around to it, but hasn't yet. Now it's too cold outside. Looks like I'll have to wait until spring.

If you can, I'll front you some seed money for your business. ;)

Oh yeah, there's also a new lamppost fixture and pole to install.
Not a lot of wholesaler's also have an "install" department but I be the could hook you up with a great electrician for a reasonable referral fee!

Not a lot of wholesaler's also have an "install" department but I be the could hook you up with a great electrician for a reasonable referral fee!

A few times I told DH I'm going to call an electrician, but he keeps saying, "I'll get it done." If the light fixtures are still in the boxes in May, I'll gladly take you up on your offer!!

No, I really didn't think a lighting wholesaler would do installation, but as a side job, Mr. Gumbo seems like the kind of guy where such work would be a piece of cake, not a long drawn out ordeal.

A few times I told DH I'm going to call an electrician, but he keeps saying, "I'll get it done." If the light fixtures are still in the boxes in May, I'll gladly take you up on your offer!!

No, I really didn't think a lighting wholesaler would do installation, but as a side job, Mr. Gumbo seems like the kind of guy where such work would be a piece of cake, not a long drawn out ordeal.

Hey, if a man says he'll get to it, he'll get to it. There's no need to remind him every 6 months!!!

And sadly, I'm guilty of a couple of those right now :(

No, I have never had any desire whatsoever to own my own business. My grandfather owned his own business and I always thought it looked like a nightmare. I like submitting my vacation requests and not worrying one bit about this place when I'm away :)

"Ever thought about buying your place of employment?"

My lottery dream!!

(Of course, I work for several schools, so "buying" that would really mean starting my own. But I seriously have a whole folder dedicated to the prospect.)

Many times, but I am at least $200 million short of what I would need.

There was an effort to organize employees at my last TV station to buy that station when it went up for sale. Finally sold for $285 million. So each of the 100 employees would have had to chip in $2.85 million each, and apparently none of us even had that little bit of cash.

I doubt that anyone can since it's a credit bureau. It would be fun to think about though. I'd start out by firing certain individuals. ;)

I'm not smart enough to even consider it but I do wish that I could pay enough money for the upper tier to listen to us in what we REALLY need. New name tags and glossy staff manuals vs a security officer at night. Hmmm.

I've been entertaining the notion of late - I must be nuts!! LOL

Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't have enough money to buy my place of employment since it's a billion-dollar global corporation....so, no. LOL

Heck, I wouldn't even have enough money to buy off my CEO, to be honest. He makes around $20 million/year. :faint::sick:

Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't have enough money to buy my place of employment since it's a billion-dollar global corporation....so, no. LOL

Heck, I wouldn't even have enough money to buy off my CEO, to be honest. He makes around $20 million/year. :faint::sick:
I'm with you. The company I worked for before retiring is one of the biggest ones out there.

"Ever thought about buying your place of employment?"

My lottery dream!!

(Of course, I work for several schools, so "buying" that would really mean starting my own. But I seriously have a whole folder dedicated to the prospect.)

You're a lot further along than me. I've only thought about who to keep, who to cut loose, who to reassign, and how to improve morale without spending money LOL

I have thought about it, but then I left to try other avenues. During that absence, the business was sold to another employee. Now I'm back..... never thought about buying it again BUT I have thought about talking to the current owner to see if he wanted to form a partnership (or sell me some of the shares). Still haven't had that talk yet....

These things happened all the time where employees did not know the reason behind some decisions and became upset.

That is soo true. My dh co-owns two very small business. The industry they're in is going through a downturn and they've really been struggling to stay afloat and lay off as few people as possible. My dh has been going without a salary for months. Luckily we've been fiscally conservative so we have lots of savings to fall back on. Things keep getting worse and worse so to avoid further layoffs they're having to cut everyone's salary by 10% and stop offering medical insurance. There has been a lot of grumbling which is hard on my dh since he and is partners are doing their best to keep the employees hired and they know lots of people in the industry who have been laid off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter