• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever rethink entire plan??

Lm1to2

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
Long time lurker here lol
So we leave on Tuesday for our second trip and I am completely rethinking absolutely everything about any planning I've done

Don't get me wrong, We are much more play it by ear type people but also learned a lot on our first trip last year.

So we have a general idea of which park to visit based on reservations and fps.
That said, I'm literally rethinking everything I've done so far - to the point im considering adding a day at the beginning of our trip!!
4 sleeps to go that might change to 3 sleeps by the end of today and I can't make up my mind!!!!

Anyone else ?? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Oh yeah! All the time. It usually results in added days. Not usually as close to arrival as you are but, yep. Right now I'm debating on adding 3-4 days to the beginning of our trip or the end. And there will be many more changes yet to come I'm sure!

Yes I do it every trip. Right now I'm going around and around in my head on trying to think out the best plan. I did have to change my dates for flights because the days we had were way to high. I always rethink everything even the resort we have chosen :crazy2: Right now I cant decide if we should go to evening EMH or not and I have been trying to decide for a week now. Still cat make a decision .

I fussed and worried and stressed until the moment we set foot in the park, then I let it all slide away. I had my adr's and fp+'s, and in the end that's all I needed. We kinda kept to my schedule some days and totally ignored it other days. We didn't get to see everything I wanted, but we sure did pack a lot in to our week. :)

I change mine often at the beginning but then once flights are booked, touring plans are reviewed for best days in parks and meals are booked then the dates and parks are normally pretty secure.

Now FP+ is a whole other ballgame....I change those often, even when in the parks!

Yup, I just did it. Moved our trip up a week, added a day, took off park hopper, tried to take off Table Service dining but couldn't. Even shifted our trip over a day. This is making us change what day we do which park. Had to reschedule all of our ADR's which wasn't easy and we still haven't been able to get a couple of the really good ones what we had before. But our trip is a long ways away so there's still time.

Last year I really wanted to rethink our trip closer to our dates, but didn't at fear of losing everything. It's so hard, there's no telling what your plan should be until you get there.

Yep, I've changed rooms twice already, added 2 more people to my trip, changed ADRs and FPs and am still thinking about changing. I get there May 10, unless I decide to get there May 9. I'm supposed to leave May 15 unless I decide it want to leave May 16. I'm thinking the days might not change since now my DS and DIL are going with me and they have to board their puppies, of course they can't pick them up on Saturday or Sunday anyway, oh no, I've almost talked myself into adding another day.

We have changed rooms twice and resorts once. We just discussed dropping Tokyo dining for the Boathouse. Everything is now set in stone. Maybe. I don't know. Doubt it. Hey wife, what do you think about changing to a split stay?

I'm very happy with resort and room choice (POR preferred room). We've been there before and loved it!
It's everything else lol

I can justify the extra charges for going a day early - we don't go often and are from Canada so we don't get down there too often.

Wish I could make a decision and stick to it!!

That's what I find a bit annoying actually...with all the planning involved in a Disney trip now...you can't help but start to second guess every decision you make. It's really hard to commit...you wonder if what you are doing will be the "best" plan for how you will actually feel when the time comes. It's so hard to predict!! When the weather is good and the lines are as you expect and everyone goes along with the "program" the planning is all great...but...one thing can throw a wrench in that. Personally...I think that is what I'm trying to prevent when I start changing my mind...don't know about you! But also it's fun in a way until you commit!

I think that might be it. We were only planning a quick trip (Tuesday -Saturday) so a certain amount of days. But now I'm rethinking everything the kids want to do and considering adding a day , changing parks based on crowd calculators, but then that means changing fps lol

Man. What a dilemma lol.

You are not alone my friend! This is our first WDW trip and because I didn't know too much in the start I planned things like I was going to DL (park hopping and such) so now I am rethinking everything and we are 2 weeks out. I most likely won't change anything but I wish that I would have found you all before I started booking stuff, everyone on this site has been very helpful and now that I know whats what I think that I could plan things a little better.

I rethink things on a daily basis. I'm constantly changing or adding dining reservations, and changing FP+. It's totally normal.

Our last trip only had 3 weeks notice, so was changing plans for better ADR and FP+ times constantly, even after we checked in. Our next trip is in October and I know I'll rearrange ADR times and switch restaurants if one I want comes available, but I feel prepared for which parks on what days and the FP+ I'll make this time.

Always, every trip, everyday from initial booking until the very last day at the parks. Sometimes I change so much I forget what im doing and why. Mostly it is just tweaks. Sometimes I just can't (Flights, Hotels, ADR's, FP+ can wind up set in stone) but sometimes I can (actually same examples:flights, hotels, ADR's FP+; plus what parks when) I literally lose sleep over planning!

I have already changed my dining plans at least 10 times and we dont go until August :rotfl:

Well thanks guys for making me feel normal lol!!!
I think Ive decided to go ahead and change it and add a day. I will feel much less stressed about packing everything into our short trip (tues-sat, but now Monday!!)

Now to plan another day and see if I can keep the plans the same for the next 3 sleeps lol

I just changed ours from staying at riverside to coronado springs instead. I'm pretty sure I'm done changing stuff now heh.

Yep! Our first trip as a family and I want to plan but don't want to overplan either. Def trying not to OVERPLAN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter