Events Manager

fugayzee

Earning My Ears
We have an events manager now. Her name is Karen Heyn. Has any one had or have her? I hear she just got back from maternity leave and has been w/ Disney Weddings for about 3 years.

Well anyway I e-mailed her about a week ago and didn't hear anything back so I mailed her again today and her assistaint (Kris) called me at work to tell me he was sorry Karen haden't gotten back to me yet but she has been in planning sesions all week. So he answed all my questions for me. Kris was very nice and very helpful but is this normal that they don't get back to you right away?

My sales manager is Heidi Pickert & she was wonderful. She ALWAYS got back to me with in HOURS!!!

Anyone have similar experience?

:scratchin :worried:

Sorry I've not heard of her. I think it true to say though that SM's tend to have a lot more time at their desks than EM's.

So far my EM and I haven't spoken but we have excanged emails and she has given me her assistants name should I need it. I haven't needed it as yet, thankfully :)

Hi there,

We are renewing our Vows aboard the Disney Wonder Cruise ship in December.

We live in the UK so use email to communicate with my co-ordinator, and yes, it takes her ages, sometimes over a week to reply, and she doesn't always answer all of my questions, something I am not terribly happy with at the moment, and told them so.

I am still waiting for their reply to my concerns - 3 days nows!!

Have fun!

Rosemary

EM's are much busier than SM's. They attend weddings, rehearsals and planning sessions. There are times when they aren't in the office for several days b/c they are doing all that stuff. That's what assistants are for! :)

Any time you speak with an assistant, they will make notes in the file so that the EM can see what you've discussed. They keep printed out copies of the emails back and forth, etc. I found that speaking with my EM's assistant was just as good as speaking with my EM. In fact, my EM was on vacation for the 10 days prior to our rehearsal/wedding and yes, it was a bit nerve wracking because I'm a total control freak (LOL), but everything was perfect. I spoke to her assistant several times in that final week and the day of the rehearsal our EM was up to speed on everything I had discussed with her assistant while she was on vacation.

If you just got your EM, I'm assuming your wedding is about 8 months away? It seems like not much happened planning-wise until about 6 months out. If you're like me, this will kill you because you want to get stuff planned. But rest assured, Disney will get it all done.

I hope this has eased your mind a little!
Lori

It is not unusual for your EM not to directly call you back. It is frustrating, but after your wedding day you will completely understand. If your EM has a wedding, particularly a custom wedding, they literally spend the entire day with the wedding party and the couple. They carry a pager for emergencies, but usually they will have their assistant return calls and answer general questions until it is closer to your wedding date (by closer, I mean 2-3 weeks before the wedding). At that time they will usually initiate contact with you.
If you have already chosen your event site and any menu options/cake flowers etc., then most of the planning is basically done. It is a strange feeling to have everything done for you - but they really do note all of your requests in your file (you can check this with her assistant). We spoke once with our coordinator after we signed the contract. We did not speak to him again until he sent out our final banquet order (about three weeks before the wedding). We double checked everything and made corrections with his assistant the week before -- and all we had to do was show up. It really is that simple, but it can be nerve racking, especially if you compare it to a "normal" wedding. Good luck and don't worry - it will be absolutely magical!

Marne
06-16-03
WP/Living Seas

Hi there again,

I didn't know that EM had assistants, all I know is the name of my co-ordinator, Cathy Ingles, I understand she is the only one who arranges weddings/vow renewals on the ship.

Thanks for all your advice and info anyway, it has reassured me a little.

Rosemary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter