• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Even more dining reviews from 3/19-3/27 Earl, RFC, HoopDeeDoo, Kona Cafe

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
Sunday night we (Dh, myself, DS9, DS5 and DD2, and my parents) went to Earl of sandwich. mom and I really hyped it up to everyone else, as we had eaten here twice before and loved it. But, oh no, they don't have my FAVORITE chicken salad sandwich anymore! :sad1: I got a tuna melt, DH the original, DS5 the meatball sub, DD the grilled cheese and DD9 the pizza sandwich. Only DS5 LOVED his sandwich. Still good, and still a fantastic deal, but I was disappointed there was no more chicken salad sandwich and DH didn't love it either. Oh well.

Monday lunch- I took the kids to RFC in DtD by myself, as the other adults were on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Service was so-so, slow, he forgot my side salad, and my gosh.....I can't believe the prices! I had been here a few times before, but didn't the kids drinks used to come with the meal price? I had a hard time swallowing $8.99 for a kid's meal and a drink, EACH. Thank goodness I had $50 in gift cards I had earned for free on mypoints.com. I had a burger and the side salad and a soda, and the total before tip was $48. Wow. definitely NOT worth it, esp since DD was freaked out by the elephants and thunderstorms. The food was tasty, but certainly not worth that price.

Monday dinner- Hoop Dee Doo Review! We were seated front and center, as I had reserved tier 1 tables about 6 months ago. Unfortunately my dad had some sort of stomach bug and was not feeling well at all. We thought the food was very good though, and plenty of it! The show is great- my kids just loved it! Dh got picked at the end to be in the 'grand finale' as Davy Crockett's angel! :rotfl: That alone was worth every penny of the $58 we paid! I thought the dessert was just so-so, but the chicken, ribs, cornbread and salad were all very tasty. thumbs up to hoop dee doo! :thumbsup2

Tuesday lunch- we repeated Cosmic Rays, as it had something everyone liked. I won't repeat, cause we liked it just the same as the first time. :)

Tuesday dinner- last minute ADR to Kona Cafe. We wanted to just take the afternoon and evening easy, away from the parks and enjoy a nice meal and swimming before we had to leave the next morning. Kona Cafe fit the bill as it is in walking distance to Shades of Green. We were seated in about 10 minutes of checking in. Good service. We all just got water or iced teas to drink, although I think the boys may have had a Sprite. We sampled the duck pot stickers for an appetizer and they were good- a different taste, but still good. Definitely a bit richer tasting than regular pork or chicken potstickers. For entrees I had the prime rib, as did my dad, DH had the filet, mom had the shrimp noodle stir fry, I split a chicken stir fry between my two younger children and my oldest had a burger. The prime rib portion is HUGE! Everything was tasty for sure. We split a kilauea torte and the kids split a kiddie kone- both very good! Thumbs up to Kona Cafe.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I think we're going to try HDDR this time! I think my DS12 will get a huge kick out of it, and when I told him they had all you can eat ribs, well.....let's just say he suddenly became interested in my ADR planning! :cool1:

Thank you for the review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter