Even Miracles Take a Little Time -A March 2017 PTR-

I'm new to mid-day breaks. Do you stick to times near/around the girl's regular nap times or do you just kind gauge how they're hanging and head out before the melt down?

We usually stick to normal nap times. Generally, we leave after lunch, maybe we can sneak a ride in between lunch and leaving, depending on wait times. That way we get back to the hotel before they pass out on us. Last time we went, we pushed our MK morning a little too long and waited to eat until too late and it was a bad combo of hangry and tired. We ate quick and got out of there! We also pushed AK morning too long, but we had eaten an early lunch, so she was just tired and fell asleep on DH while we were on the bus. All of the adults traveling with us appreciate the mid-day break too. It is nice to go back to your air conditioned room, get off your feet, wash your face, etc., and feel refreshed before heading out for evening activities.

Are you planning on calling and telling them you're one party? Or will you guys just let them know once you're there? I feel like there should be special reservations for parties over 6. It's never easy to book stuff for that many people.

From what I have gathered from a few of the dining boards here, I think we will just get there a little early and let them know we are together and wish to be seated near one another. It would be nice to have special reservations for parties larger than 6, but honestly, we didn't have any trouble making ADRs for our party of 9 anywhere else.

Tangled Movie Night
tumblr_n0xy2dp13F1r7u6yro1_400.gif

We actually had this movie night last week, but I have been so busy, I haven't had a chance to update! My mom was in town to spend some time with us and go to a wedding not far from us, so we watched one of her favorites, Tangled! I really do love this movie. I have to say my very favorite in this movie is Pascal. He is the best. DD1 also shares my affinity for Pascal. She especially liked when he stuck his tongue into Eugene's ear.

So here is a little collection of my favorite, Pascal:

tumblr_n7zo5afjep1spxofio10_400.gif
tumblr_nt61roHOwP1uspc2eo8_400.gif
tumblr_nt61roHOwP1uspc2eo5_400.gif
tumblr_nmwivs3Mw21s392ayo4_250.gif
tumblr_nt61roHOwP1uspc2eo4_400.gif
tumblr_nt61roHOwP1uspc2eo3_400.gif
tumblr_n2lbt0gNun1tvy7qao1_500.gif
tumblr_nt61roHOwP1uspc2eo7_400.gif

And of course the lantern scene was a big hit with everyone!
tumblr_n3vwvpTFPA1srzaifo1_400.gif

We had a delicious dinner! Here is our menu:
TMNmenu.jpg

DD1 added some artwork (a frying pan and Rapunzel)

TMNart.jpg

Pascal's Pesto Chicken with Rapunzel (Angel) Hair Pasta
TMNpasta.jpg
TMNdish.jpg

Maximus' Apple Slices with Dip
TMNapples.jpg

Frying Pan (Who Knew?) Cookie with Ice Cream
TMNcookie2.jpg
TMNcookie.jpg

That cookie was SO GOOD, and super easy to make! We all really enjoyed having movie night with my mom. I think our next movie night will be Snow White because we just went apple picking and have an abundance of apples that need to be used!

Planning Update
Well, I was honestly hoping to have good news when I updated today. We were hoping that the AFS would be announced today, but no such luck. I guess it is alright because my TA is actually on vacation at WDW right now and it would have been hard to get a hold of her to book our rooms if it was announced. So really I don't have too much to update you with. Still waiting on the AFS. People are saying maybe this week or the first week in October. Only time will tell. I do need to go and order my parent's tickets though. My mom and sis are getting 5dPH like us and my dad is getting a 3dPH because he is going to work some of the days we are down there. His company has an Orlando office. I will try and do that this week if life slows down a little.

160 Days to go!!!!!

Is that just room rates for the AFS that come out soon, or is it park tickets, too? I had assumed that park tickets wouldn't be available until closer to the end of the year, but I haven't paid attention before.

Is that just room rates for the AFS that come out soon, or is it park tickets, too? I had assumed that park tickets wouldn't be available until closer to the end of the year, but I haven't paid attention before.
Both. once the AFS for 2017 is announced that will include room rates and tickets. BUT it might take some time for the tickets to be available at your local ITT.

Both. once the AFS for 2017 is announced that will include room rates and tickets. BUT it might take some time for the tickets to be available at your local ITT.
Thanks for the information! I'll be keeping my eye on my local ITT office to see when they become available.

Progress Update
YAY!!!!!!! The AFS was finally released today!
tumblr_n1nssm4KyT1tq4of6o1_400.gif

I was able to get 3 rooms at CBR! They were already out of standard rooms, so we had to get preferred, but with the discount, it was still cheaper with the preferred rooms than without and now we will just be closer to the main pool and food court :thumbsup2 And I have to brag on my TA because she booked our rooms while she was in the airport! She had just gotten back from her own Disney vacation. We love her and I am so so glad I decided to go with a TA instead of doing it all myself. I will definitely be using her in the future!

So, now everything is officially booked and we are only waiting for our FP+ booking day in January. :jumping1:

Last edited:
Now I'm freaking out because I can't call about AFS til tomorrow because we have to run it by my dad first and he works nights and is asleep

Now I'm freaking out because I can't call about AFS til tomorrow because we have to run it by my dad first and he works nights and is asleep
You could always book today and then cancel tomorrow if he says something different. I'm afraid if you wait until tomorrow there won't be any rooms available.

OMG!!! That's great!!! I am regretting not using a TA, especially since we will have two trips next year.

Glad you got everything squared away!!!

OMG!!! That's great!!! I am regretting not using a TA, especially since we will have two trips next year.

Glad you got everything squared away!!!
I was nervous about using a TA at first because I like to be hands on and in control, but my TA is awesome. I give her all the things I want including backups, etcs and she gets exactly what I want. I 'dont have to do any of the hard work, just the fun planning work. Plus I knew her from a mom group I am in, so I wasn't just picking someone randomly.

Planning Update
Well, a lot has happened since my last update. I also have a movie night I need to post about, but I will try and do that later tonight after the girls go to bed. We got word about a month ago that we were getting orders and it became official about 2 weeks ago. So now we are getting ready to move. Between getting things packed and getting the house ready to sell, I have been kinda swamped and not had a lot of time to think about Disney things. Luckily, most of the planning is already done and we are just waiting for our FP+ date in early January. We are all excited about the move because it will put us only 2 hours away from our family and only 6 from Disney! Our only problem is that we already bought plane tickets to leave from here and not from our new location. I am going to let my dad try and get them changed for us because he is king of Delta skymiles and they do pretty much anything he says because of all the business they get from him. So anyways, that is where we are right now. Sorry I haven't been around a lot as things are crazy here! Crazy but good :tongue:

I've been in your shoes! (Well, not having purchased plane tickets and then moving, because I usually wait way too long to buy them, :crazy2:! But I have definitely planned a trip, then had to rearrange everything because Uncle Sam had other plans)

I just saw that there is a 5 day AFS ticket option this year! That makes me really happy, because we usually go for a week, but only have the 4 day tickets. So I am rethinking my plans to include another park day!

Good luck on the move! The best advice I ever got concerning PCS was to set up the beds and put bedding on them first, that way when you are ready to crash from unpacking you have a place to do it. There's nothing worse than being exhausted and then realizing that you have nowhere to sleep! :faint:

Monsters Inc. Movie Night
tumblr_n7kaui87c31stmjkwo1_500.gif

I have to be honest, I think I have only seen Monsters Inc. one time in its entirety before this movie night. I'm glad we did could watch it again! What a cute movie! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to update, but if you read my above post, we are in the middle of moving and I don't seem to have a lot of spare time. I did find a few seconds tonight though :)

My girls thought this scene was hillarious.
tumblr_nm9ew2i8OS1rvhqlvo1_500.gif

Our menu was really fun and delicious too!
mimenu.jpg

Yes I know it should be meatloaves, but I didn't notice the grammatical error until after the pictures were taken. Oh well!

I normally make mini meatloaf anyway, so this was just a fun twist to make it like a cyclopes
mimeatloaf.jpg

Monster Mashed Potatoes
mipotatoes.jpg

Boo's Broccoli
mibroccoli.jpg

Ice "Scream" Sandwiches
miicecream.jpg

I don't know how many more movie nights we are going to get in before the move and disney, but I want to try and get Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Frozen, and Cinderella done. We have watched Frozen many times, so if we miss that one it will be ok. I think I can recite that one in my sleep :faint:

Monsters Inc menu looks great! We love that movie enough that I had to buy the blue ray so DD could watch the DVD in the car!

Hope moving is going smoothly! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts