***Epcot Food And Wine Festival Info 2008***

I'm another that likes the necter Imperial. I tried it last year and TOTAL loved it.

I tried this the other day. I was disappointed...but I guess my taste is just different. It seemed too dry for me. The good thing is that if you don't like a wine or champagne...Disney will trade it out for you-just tell the CM. The CM at I believe Chile's booth overheard me and DH say we hated the Imperial Nectar Rose and she told us to go back and they would give us something else with no problem. We then tried the regular Imperial Nectar...didn't much care for that either, but it was a tad better.

:faint: 175 PAGES :scared1: Holey Moley Batman This thread is a full time job. I thought there was a limit on page sizes.

This will be our first time to the F&W festival. We are planning on going to Magic Kingdom for the day of October 21st then hoppin over to Epcot for the rest of the day.
Question we have a ressie @ the Italian restaurant in Epcot for 8:30 p.m we will have 6 y.o. dd with us and wondering do we cancel the reservation for the fireworks at 9; and eat our way thru food and wine festival? Not very familiar with this festival. Any help would be appreciated

This will be our first time to the F&W festival. We are planning on going to Magic Kingdom for the day of October 21st then hoppin over to Epcot for the rest of the day.
Question we have a ressie @ the Italian restaurant in Epcot for 8:30 p.m we will have 6 y.o. dd with us and wondering do we cancel the reservation for the fireworks at 9; and eat our way thru food and wine festival? Not very familiar with this festival. Any help would be appreciated

The answer to that question really depends upon yours and your DD's likes/dislikes when it comes to food. The nice part is that you can view the menus for all of the food booths prior to your trip! I believe the link to the booklet is on the first page of this thread. If it has gone missing, I'd be happy to shoot over the menus in a PM.

Also check out the Sticky F&WF Reviews thread as there are several reviews of the food booths posted there, some with (including mine) pictures!

Remember also that when eating around the world at the booths, you really don't have the chance to sit down and relax for an extended period anywhere. That might be an important consideration for a 6 y.o.

Best of luck, and enjoy!

Brad

This is the best I can scan for the PFTS menu - You can see it is different from past years. This is the inside page. The outside has a Tables In Wonderland cover.

pftsoct4_Page_1.jpg

This is the best I can scan for the PFTS menu - You can see it is different from past years. This is the inside page. The outside has a Tables In Wonderland cover.

Wow, they definitely did cut corners with that menu, didn't they? Compared to the one I still have from my first PFTS back in 2002 this one is just sad.

Wow, they definitely did cut corners with that menu, didn't they? Compared to the one I still have from my first PFTS back in 2002 this one is just sad.
Wow, no list of foods, wines? If that is the whole menu, yeah that is pretty wimpy. Unless the back cover lists the wineries as sponsors maybe.

Okay, that PFTS menu thing just sucks.

And I do have a friend who is now going to have to walk all over looking for the non-meat dishes, and another who might have to send her husband to look for the ones that fit with diabetes.

I tried this the other day. I was disappointed...but I guess my taste is just different. It seemed too dry for me. The good thing is that if you don't like a wine or champagne...Disney will trade it out for you-just tell the CM. The CM at I believe Chile's booth overheard me and DH say we hated the Imperial Nectar Rose and she told us to go back and they would give us something else with no problem. We then tried the regular Imperial Nectar...didn't much care for that either, but it was a tad better.

I only tried the regular Imperial Nectar - not the rose. Strange that I didn't find it dry as I rarely drink anything but cocktails as I find all wines dry. But then, I was told I have an "immature palate". :rotfl: In fact the only wine I've found that I can drink is from a small winery in Mt. Tamborine, Australia (Queensland). It is called Sweet Red. It reminds me a little of a sangria or a really "juicy" fruit juice with a kick. I still needs to call the big wine store in town to see if they can carry it. I can't afford to fly back to Oz to get a new bottle. :sad2:

The answer to that question really depends upon yours and your DD's likes/dislikes when it comes to food. The nice part is that you can view the menus for all of the food booths prior to your trip! I believe the link to the booklet is on the first page of this thread. If it has gone missing, I'd be happy to shoot over the menus in a PM.

Also check out the Sticky F&WF Reviews thread as there are several reviews of the food booths posted there, some with (including mine) pictures!

Remember also that when eating around the world at the booths, you really don't have the chance to sit down and relax for an extended period anywhere. That might be an important consideration for a 6 y.o.

Best of luck, and enjoy!

Brad

Thanks Brad - we are reallly looking forward to out first time @F&W!!!!:cheer2:

Okay, that PFTS menu thing just sucks.

And I do have a friend who is now going to have to walk all over looking for the non-meat dishes

Ugh, I didn't even connect those two things, since this will be my first PftS as a vegetarian (many others under my belt though, literally). Now I'll have to write down what things are so I know where to go back since my options will be more limited. That scan makes my jaw drop.

I'm really holding my breath that they'll get so many complaints that things will be changed before 10/18. Maybe I shouldn't.

I'm actually mostly disappointed since I played up PftS SO MUCH to my father and his girlfriend, and they were slightly hesitant to spend the money but are looking forward to coming. I fear most that they'll be disappointed.

Hi! Can anyone tell me what the Samuel Adams Beer Seminar is? DF and I will be there in less than two weeks & he saw a picture of this & was wondering what it is! Thanks!! :bride:

I'm actually mostly disappointed since I played up PftS SO MUCH to my father and his girlfriend, and they were slightly hesitant to spend the money but are looking forward to coming. I fear most that they'll be disappointed.

We went last weekend and I had really played the event up to my sister and bil and found that, although my dh and I were pretty disappointed, they thought it was fantastic. My husband took me aside and basically told me that I was making it worse by pointing out the changes and that since I couldn't fix it, I should just drink up and enjoy! I think I was so surprised about the changes I couldn't stop talking about them. You have the advantage that you are aware of them going in and can just act like everything is normal in front of your guests. Our other couple thought it was the best thing we'd done all weekend, so I'd just not explain to them that there are changes, they'll never know.;)

The food was still fantastic and we had a great time chatting with both chefs and pourers. I know it is a disappointment compared to last years at first, but I guess it's all in what you make of it now since we've all paid already! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter