Entertainment Books not shipped because they are out of stock...

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
I ordered the Orlando book on 5/8 in the afternoon. It went through the order fine, and I received a confirmation number via email later on that day. I was to be charged $10 when it shipped ($5 for book, $5 for shipping). I called yesterday to check on shipping (since I hadn't received it) and the representative told me that the Orlando books were sold out and I wouldn't be getting one! I said, "But it went through the whole exchange on the computer and I have a confirmation number!". She said it didn't matter, that the system couldn't keep up with the orders that day (over 4000) and that most people are out of luck!

ARHHHHHHH!!

Oh Well, better luck next time for me, I hope!

Hope you all get yours with no problem. Good luck!

Karen :rolleyes:

Sam thing happened to me.. and the crazy thing is I ordered it the night before when it was $5.00 each and $5.00 shipping. One for orlando and one for my location. The next day they went buy 1 for $5.00 no shipping so I ordered 2 more for my location. A girlffirnd of mine ordered 2 at the time also, orlando and local.

Well my first order never shipped, the second cheaper order did and she got hers so it does not lik like they were filling them by the time/date that ou ordered them.

I also ordered on 5/7 and got mine with no problems. I'm not even sure I'll use any of the coupons but needed the card so I don't have to borrow one to get the entertainment rate at Univeral.

I ordered a local book (Central Illinois) on the 7th, I think - and am still waiting for it to arrive. My credit card was already charged, so I hope I get it.

Wow--sold out! Ordered mine on 5/6 and received a couple of days ago---just in time---we are leaving in a few hours to see Mickey!!!!!!!

Florida Princess

DVC ----OKW since 1992

I just called and was told I will not be getting an Orlando book. I ordered two (May 8, 7:45 am EST), one for my home area and the Orlando book. I'm really disappointed as many others here. I don't plan to ever order anything again from their web site because they don't back up what they sell at low prices. It's just bad business to disappoint so many people!!

RobinLyn :mad:

I know that the Orlando book is sold out along with other areas and my area as well, BUT it looks as though if I ordered one for ANY available area, I would still get an entertainment card and still have good discounts at Florida hotels. Am I understanding that correctly?

the sale specifically says WHILE QUANTITIES LAST

if you really wanted a book from a certain location, you need to order it earlier in the year.

It's what they call a CLOSEOUT SALE

The 2003 books go on sale in July...expect them to begin to sell out next May and plan accordingly.

I also ordered 3 books and have not received them. I am dissapointed that they would take your credit card info, send a confirmation and then not let you know they are out of stock. I don't care that they ran out, just that they leave you hanging thinking it is coming and then not notifying that it is not being sent. Now I have to watch my credit card since they have my info! :(

I ordered my Orlando EB at 7:45am on the morning of May 8th. I came across this posting here on the DIS:

Ordered 9 books for $5 each free shipping at 1145pm on May 8th and have recieved tham and was charged $45

Angela

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204000

How could this be? I called them and was told that at 7:45 am, May 8th they were out of stock!! What kind of fairness is this? I thought it was first come first served or WHILE SUPPLIES LAST as stated in an earlier post here???? Something is very wrong if Angela (DIS name trustknoone) can get 9 books at night and I can't buy one the same day in the morning.
I will get over it, but right is right, and this is wrong. I'm not happy after reading these post of people not only getting free shipping but 9 books on May 8th, PM. I also gave them my credit card information and received an email with confirmation number saying I would receive my NJ and Orlando book shortly. I was told my whole order, both books, were canceled and that I could reorder the NJ book if I liked. This was after I contacted them, May 17th.

i also ordered the orlando book on the 6th received confirmation no shortly after, as of thursday 16th may still no book although other uk members have received them, i emailed the company and then got an email back to say" their system shows my (book,books) had been shipped as of may 13th and to give 7-10 buisness days from the ship date and if not received to call them and they will investigate the order". as its now the 20th may and still no book what is really puzzling me is that others have ordered the book on the 8th may only to find out its out of stock so how can they ship one out on the 13th may when i ordered it on the 6th may.

Wow, I guess I was lucky. I ordered mine (and another area) on 5/6 and received it within a week.

today,s the 23rd may and whilst out walking my dog this morning i bumped into my post man who said "great i dont have to carry this about all day" and low and behold it was my entertainment book so i skipped home sooo happy that i got the book eventually. i feel bad for all the people that ordered a book and did'nt get theire's i ordered mine on the 6th may so it took all this time to come but just glad ive received it now.

I also ordered the awesome deal (paid for itself the first day, LOL), Orlando, Lancaster and DC/NoVa on May 6th. I got Lancaster and DC/NoVa, no Orlando. :( Oh well, I'll order a $10 Clearwater/St.Pete to take to mom's before WDW and maybe there will be Orlando goodies in it.

I live 50 miles from both Baltimore and DC, and the Lancaster book had coupons I could use locally! We planned on having it for the next weekend we go see the trains, and I've already used a coupon from it!

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter