• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Ebates.."

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Anyone know anything about this? I caught the tail end of something on the tv - about getting money back for shopping online..

Just wondering - as I do a decent amount of shopping online..

Thanks! :goodvibes

Ebates is legitimate. There are a lot of Reward/cash back sites. If you scroll down to almost the bottom of the page, there is a whole board of reward programs!

I use eBates or uPromise (rewards for college) whenever I make an online purchase. eBates will send you a check every few months while uPromise holds onto it or will transfer the money to a 529 account. I check both before I make a purchase and then pick the one with the biggest reward.

It's definitely legit...I do the majority of my Christmas shopping online and always use Ebates. It's either Black Friday or Cyber Monday when they double some of their rebate percentages. Either way, I consider it a free sale on top of a sale!

Love Ebates! Especially love that you can cash out with paypal vs a check. Sometimes use shopathome.com for higher cash back percentage though.

I always use ebates. Also signed up for daily emails for "double cah back" of the day. Each day one online site has double percentage cash back. I also check "retail me not" sit before I log on to ebates as I often can get a code for free shipping that will work with ebates. It has been my experience that once you are in ebates, don't wander from the site as the rebate will not process. You can open another window to check another site however and then return to ebates. (Hope I explained that correctly). I find myself waiting for "double cash back" day on some purchases, such as ink, as some sites repeat DCB quite frequently.

I've been using ebates for all my on-line purchases over the years. Very easy to use.

Have been using ebates for a few years now. Totally ligit, and easy to use. Get in the habit of checking there first before you go to purchase anything online so you get credit.

Thanks all! Guess I'll check it out before I do my Christmas shopping this year.. Also have to buy a new coffeemaker soon and the only place I can get it is online..:thumbsup2

I love Ebates! I've been a member for three years and have earned over $800 in rebates. I do lots of online shopping, including getting rather costly organic dog food and treats that I can't find locally. For the dog food I wait for a coupon code from my store ( petfooddirect) and then head to Ebates first for a fairly hefty rebate. Disney Shopping is included, Boden, Overstock, Drugstore.com, Target and the major book stores, even QVC- there's a huge list of vendors. The only online place I shop at frequently that's not included is Amazon. There's no catch- no spam or email offers you don't want. Really it's a win/win site.---Kathy

Another :thumbsup2 from ebates. I have been using it for years but I must not do THAT much online shopping as I've only gotten $121 back. I am waiting on about a $20 rebate from buying a computer this morning. I definitely recommend them

Love ebates also. Been using it since 1999 (11years!) I have received almost $500 back! I don't do that much online shopping but I always check EBATES first. I recently learned of a new one too called mrrebates.com. I have shopped thru them but not cashed out yet.

I use EBates and also FatWallet. I'll compare the two and see which one offers the better cash back.
For example, I order my magazines through Magazines.com and FatWallet usually gives 25% cash back (although they have a cash back sale now so it's 30%) but EBates only gives 21% back.

I cash out using PayPal. Super fast and easy. I love free money! :thumbsup2

Just started using them myself! I purchased Crocs (and was able to use a coupon code too) and got textbooks through Chegg (10% back!) today. I'm liking it!!

Question for those of you who cash out through PayPal - does PayPal take their fee when you do this? I am always leary of getting money sent to me through PayPal because I can never tell if PayPal is going to take a fee. I only use it when I sell on eBay, because I have no choice there.

I use ebates and mrrebates. I prefer mrrebates. You still have to wait 3 months for the money to be available, but then you can cash out once you have a certain amount in your account. Rebates seem to post faster on mrrebates also. I had to email ebates about at least 3 transactions lately and fight to get the money posted to my account.

I cashed out from mrrebates via paypal and they did not take out any fees. I was surprised.

Question for those of you who cash out through PayPal - does PayPal take their fee when you do this? I am always leary of getting money sent to me through PayPal because I can never tell if PayPal is going to take a fee. I only use it when I sell on eBay, because I have no choice there.

I have never had any fees taken out for Ebates, Sunshine Rewards or SimpleGPT. I believe they (the rebate companies) pay the fee. This is up to the rebate site owner, so it may not apply to every rebate site out there. But I have personal experience with the 3 I mentioned and paypal, no fees :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter