Eating on the fly with my two guys!! May Dining Updated 8/16 COMPLETE

Ooh! Our next trip is sans ADR's (well, maybe just one!) and no DDP, so I'm interested to see how you made out!

You will love the freedom of not being tied to the ADRs. Also last minute available places is amazing!!

Wow, that is a last minute trip! Sounds great so far!

Thank You :)

Oh fun! Last minute trip sounds like an adventure :goodvibes Looks like you are off to a great start, can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Oh boy what it an adventure it was!!

Just reading this gave me anxiety, so naturally...I'M IN! You're not kidding with the "last minute". :laughing:

Tell me about it!!

I am in !!!!

Welcome!!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]The next morning we popped by the French bakery to grab something small for breakfast. We used snack credits, but I don't recall what we had to eat :rotfl2: For lunch I booked that morning for us the Garden Grill. I was excited as it had decent reviews and characters!! We were promptly seated and my DH was at first like, I don't want to sit at the front of the restaurant and have people strolling by watching me eat. I laughed and told him it was a rotating restaurant and not to worry :laughing: We had a excellent server who took our drink orders and brought out a delicious fresh salad. The salad and rolls were so good and of course they are from The Land!!! Then came this huge platter of beef, turkey, sausage, potatoes, and veggies. Everything was great. Kind of reminded me of WCC but with different food. Also was a huge portion of macaroni and cheese (so good), sweet potato fries and green beans. Everything was fresh and delicious. Dessert was a shortcake with berries, so good!! The bonus were the adorable characters that came around several times. They took their time with Alexander and even played with him. The photos and whole experience were priceless along with fantastic service. I would return in a heartbeat.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow great review! This is another one on our list! Can I ask what time did you have your lunch? Hoping all the food will be hot and fresh!

Love the pics of your son and Mickey! So cute!!

Wow great review! This is another one on our list! Can I ask what time did you have your lunch? Hoping all the food will be hot and fresh!

Love the pics of your son and Mickey! So cute!!

We ate at 11:30 and everything was fresh and delicious.

Fun review of Garden Grill! GG has been a must do for us since our kids were little, however, on our last trip the kids went on their own and we had date night! At 18 and 15, they still had a blast.

Booking your resort while on the plane?!?!? :eek: You are a brave lady! I don't think I could do it (I'm neurotic) but it sounds SO cool!! I have been migrating toward the no ADR approach except for a few must-dos. I think it's the way to go and hope the "system" can reach a happy medium and accommodate both ends of the planning spectrum. Garden Grill looks delicious and the character pictures are positively adorable!! Can't wait to hear more!

We love Ohana and Garden Grill! After a table service heavy trip over 4th of July with DH, I'm looking forward to my quick service trip that I just booked for DS and I for the end of the month. And I thought that was a last minute trip!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Fun review of Garden Grill! GG has been a must do for us since our kids were little, however, on our last trip the kids went on their own and we had date night! At 18 and 15, they still had a blast.

Thank you! It will become a must do for us from now on. I am so glad your kids had a great time on their own :)

Booking your resort while on the plane?!?!? :eek: You are a brave lady! I don't think I could do it (I'm neurotic) but it sounds SO cool!! I have been migrating toward the no ADR approach except for a few must-dos. I think it's the way to go and hope the "system" can reach a happy medium and accommodate both ends of the planning spectrum. Garden Grill looks delicious and the character pictures are positively adorable!! Can't wait to hear more!

I don't recommend it as it is a stressful situation I don't want to be in again lol. We have only 1 or 2 ressies for our trip in September, we will go with how we feel. There are always great options last minute.

We love Ohana and Garden Grill! After a table service heavy trip over 4th of July with DH, I'm looking forward to my quick service trip that I just booked for DS and I for the end of the month. And I thought that was a last minute trip!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Your welcome :goodvibes I QS trips sounds nice, no stress for sure.

Sept. 24th for us!

First, love the Mickey pick with Alexander. He looks so happy!!!!!! And yum, your lunch looks so good. We did GG for the first time on our last trip and the breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. Certainly looks like dinner is the way to go!

Last edited:
Love how Alexander had time with the characters! The food looked yummy, I have been back and forth about giving this place a try...

Great review! Your pics of the food at GG are wonderful. I've never been to GG partly because of the poor reviews. Nice to see that the food is much, much better than reported! :-)

First, love the Mickey pick with Alexander. He looks so happy!!!!!! And yum, your lunch looks so good. We did GG for the first time on our last trip and the breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. Certainly looks like dinner is the way to go!

I really do cherish the photos we took there. That is too bad breakfast was a bust, you should try lunch or dinner sometime!!

Love how Alexander had time with the characters! The food looked yummy, I have been back and forth about giving this place a try...

You should give it a try for sure!

Great review! Your pics of the food at GG are wonderful. I've never been to GG partly because of the poor reviews. Nice to see that the food is much, much better than reported! :-)

Thank you! We were so glad we tried it.

Update Time

For dinner that evening we had went to Katsura Grill in Japan. It’s a favorite of ours. I had the spicy tuna roll with miso soup. My DH had the miso soup with beef noodle bowl. I did not take pictures as it was dark outside and the fireworks were blasting away in the background. I don’t know about you all but the nightly fireworks are way too loud for me. I enjoy watching them from the Yacht club or BWI.

For lunch the next day we scored a same day ADR for Be Our Guest. It is one of our favorite QS meals and is a great use of the DDP. I had the delicious French onion soup instead of the dessert. I also had the prime beef sandwich with pomme frites. It was a great choice J My DH had the braised pork and a cupcake, all was delicious and fresh. I can’t wait to go back in September and dine here again. We love sitting in the West Wing with the rose and the thunder and lightning.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
That cupcake looks sooooooooooooo good and the food looks scrumptious! I have a Nov dinner ressie, very excited!

That cupcake looks sooooooooooooo good and the food looks scrumptious! I have a Nov dinner ressie, very excited!

I had a bite and it was very delicious. They have some of the best cupcakes there, my fav is the grey stuff cupcake.

image-jpeg.180606

He is 2 now, OH MY GOSH! When did he get so grown up! He must be so much fun to take to WDW!

Whew those things are nasty, but they are also good if you know what I mean :rotfl2:

OK, I'm glad you said that, hahaha. I had one before and I thought it was awful! I hate liquor though, I need to mask it with fruit or something.. but seriously 1 lapu lapu and you can be down for the count. Whew baby.

Everything looks delicious! I have been wanting to try Garden Grill for a while. Looks like Alexander is having a great time. :)

Congrats on scoring the last minute BoG reservation. I always chuckle a little when people lament not getting it at the 180 mark, knowing full well we've done it many times day of

Congrats on scoring the last minute BoG reservation. I always chuckle a little when people lament not getting it at the 180 mark, knowing full well we've done it many times day of

I am the same way about BOG! I plan on eating there in September and do not currently have a ressie.

The next morning we booked a last minute ressie at Tusker House. If you book a late breakfast you can also get in on the lunch food as well as they start switching it out at 11:15. I really do miss the picture with Donald at the beginning of the meal outside but the characters inside as so darn cute. Alexander was so busy chowing down the ignored the characters for the most part. Poor Mickey came up behind us and tripped, I caught him from falling down completely :rotfl2: I tell you it was hard for me not to bust out laughing, but I felt bad for the CM inside. Now onto the food, everything was fresh and delicious as it always is. Alexander did enjoy dancing with Goofy in between bites. We love TH and will continue to go back.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Such a cutie! I have a ppo for TH, really looking forward to it. I understand wanting to lol, I'm sure that was a close call with Mickey. It sounds like all-in-all TH has great character interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!