Eating on the fly with my two guys!! May Dining Updated 8/16 COMPLETE

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Hello all!! My name is Lori and welcome to my trip report. My dining partners are my hubby Peter and my now 2 year old as of a few days ago Alexander!! We decided to take a very last minute trip to WDW for 5 nights at the beginning of May. By last minute I totally mean booking our resort while boarding the plane. We fly stand by and were not sure if we were going to even make it to Orlando. However Houston via Chicago we made it!! We stayed 4 nights at the Yacht Club and added a night at the Beach Club. We really loved the Yacht Club a lot and can't wait return there. So since it was last minute trip so we had no ADRS!! So as some of you who know me on here, I love scoring last minute ressies and am pretty darn good at it.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
So after we finally arrived at the YC after taking 1.5 hours to get there on the ME, we threw our bags in the room and went to down to se
e if the front desk could get us an Ohana reservation. I am forever grateful that Ohana starts serving at 3:30 now. It was 3:10 when we made the reservation so we quickly took a cab over to the Poly. This was the first time I had seen the new lobby and was kind of disappointed. It was very nice but I liked the way it was before. While we waited to be seated I went over to the Tambu Lounge and ordered my DH and I a Lapu Lapu. Hey we have to get this party started off right!! Whew those things are nasty, but they are also good if you know what I mean :rotfl2: With drinks in tow it was our turn to be seated. We had a very nice waiter, who also happen to be a realtor like myself, so we had a lot to talk about over the course of the meal. We asked for the salad, which was amazing!! I have to tell you this was the best Ohana has ever been. The steak was cooked just right and OMG those shrimp. I could eat them until I burst. Alexander tried the coconut races but he didn't like it, for 21 months old he was scared of what was happening. Of course dessert was great but we were so stuffed we could hardly touch it. Ohana hit the spot for this starving family. We did not have the dining plan the first night so I paid for it with disney visa rewards dollars, so a free meal with free lapu lapus was a great start to the vacay.
image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

It's actually a dream of mine to take a last minute trip. My DH has to have months and months of notice to do anything and not for work just in his own head. Look forward to more! Ohana is on my list for our next trip!

I'm here. Ya know I wouldn't miss an impromptu Disney trip and love it started with a Lapu Lapu

Love the last minute trip! I am such a planner I am not sure how I would handle it but maybe some day! Looking forward to the rest!

Impromptu Disney trip sounds awesome! We are trying O'hana for the first time in October. DH and I love Tambu Lounge, but have yet to eat there. Hope we have a similar experience to yours. Your son is adorable!

Hey Lori! Wow, that really is a last minute trip! Good for you! How awesome that you were able to score a last minute early ressie for 'Ohana as well. I am with you on the Poly lobby too. It has grown on me a little more over the past year and a half, but I really miss the fountain. Don't you just love getting a free meal courtesy of your Disney Rewards Visa points? I haven't used my points that way for a few trips now thanks to my tsum tsum addiction. I use all my points for them to justify it to Rob that I am not actually spending money to buy them. :laughing:

It's actually a dream of mine to take a last minute trip. My DH has to have months and months of notice to do anything and not for work just in his own head. Look forward to more! Ohana is on my list for our next trip!

I have done it both ways way in advance and last minute and have had a blast each time. Our Food and Wine trip was booked 6 months out so I have been planning in advance for that one.

I'm here. Ya know I wouldn't miss an impromptu Disney trip and love it started with a Lapu Lapu

Welcome Kari!

Yay for no ADRs! :D
I can't wait to get myself back to 'Ohana!!!!!!!!!

Yes you need to get yourself back to Ohana asap :)

great start!

Love the last minute trip! I am such a planner I am not sure how I would handle it but maybe some day! Looking forward to the rest!

Welcome!!!

Can't wait to see where else you end up!

I am so excited to share with you :)

Impromptu Disney trip sounds awesome! We are trying O'hana for the first time in October. DH and I love Tambu Lounge, but have yet to eat there. Hope we have a similar experience to yours. Your son is adorable!

I hope you enjoy Ohana. We love the Tambu Lounge a lot. Thank you for the lovely comment on Alexander, he is a cutie for sure.

Hey Lori! Wow, that really is a last minute trip! Good for you! How awesome that you were able to score a last minute early ressie for 'Ohana as well. I am with you on the Poly lobby too. It has grown on me a little more over the past year and a half, but I really miss the fountain. Don't you just love getting a free meal courtesy of your Disney Rewards Visa points? I haven't used my points that way for a few trips now thanks to my tsum tsum addiction. I use all my points for them to justify it to Rob that I am not actually spending money to buy them. :laughing:

I tell you it was a little stressful booking at the airport, but so worth once we arrived at the YC. I love seeing all your tsum tsum on IG. I don't own any but they are so darn cute. We have a few of the itty bitty's from Hallmark.

I'm in! Can't wait to see where you go! I love 'Ohana, so I'm glad to see that it was delicious. I dream about that bread pudding...

I'm in! Can't wait to see where you go! I love 'Ohana, so I'm glad to see that it was delicious. I dream about that bread pudding...

Thanks for being here Michelle! We had some real hits and a few misses this trip. Will post an update real soon.

Ooh! Our next trip is sans ADR's (well, maybe just one!) and no DDP, so I'm interested to see how you made out!

Oh fun! Last minute trip sounds like an adventure :goodvibes Looks like you are off to a great start, can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

By last minute I totally mean booking our resort while boarding the plane. We fly stand by and were not sure if we were going to even make it to Orlando. However Houston via Chicago we made it!!
Just reading this gave me anxiety, so naturally...I'M IN! You're not kidding with the "last minute". :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter