Eating after bariatric surgery

evildiva

Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy e
I haven't seen this question anywhere yet and wanted to double check before the podcast cruise. This will be my first cruise, and I know that I can ask for a variety of things at each meal. My question thought, is since I can only eat a very small amount at a time, do you think would it be possible to say something to my head waiter the first night and receive smaller portions. It's not really a huge deal, but I really hate to waste food. Especially when I know I will only eat a very small amount. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

FYI - plates in the dining room are usually prepared well in advance, especially the appetizers and salads.

I would just ask your waiter to serve you smaller portions.

This subject reminded me to ask my question as well.....

I'm having my gall bladder removed early November, and from what I'm told, I'll have to be on a low fat diet for awhile....is this something I need to let my server know? Or, do I contact DCL in advance and let them know?

FYI - plates in the dining room are usually prepared well in advance, especially the appetizers and salads.

I would just ask your waiter to serve you smaller portions.

Thanks Michael!

This subject reminded me to ask my question as well.....

I'm having my gall bladder removed early November, and from what I'm told, I'll have to be on a low fat diet for awhile....is this something I need to let my server know? Or, do I contact DCL in advance and let them know?

I wouldn't hurt to have your TA make a note on your reservation. Mentioning it to your server is a good idea as well. You should be able to recognize some obstacle foods, ie. heavy cream or butter sauces.

I haven't seen this question anywhere yet and wanted to double check before the podcast cruise. This will be my first cruise, and I know that I can ask for a variety of things at each meal. My question thought, is since I can only eat a very small amount at a time, do you think would it be possible to say something to my head waiter the first night and receive smaller portions. It's not really a huge deal, but I really hate to waste food. Especially when I know I will only eat a very small amount. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

This is an easy fix! Sit next to me and I'll eat all of your leftovers!!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Katie;

This is not a problem as I too have had a gastroplasty. In fact on our last couple of cruises I never did have an entree...usually just a couple of appetizers...
I just let our server know on the first night and there has never been an issue. If there is a portion of an entree that you want such as a couple of scallops from that entree you can order just that.
They will work with you and because you have the same servers for the entire cruise they will get to know you.
If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask or send me a PM.
Just go and enjoy...

and don't worry, be happy!! :goodvibes

Audrey

Thanks for the input everyone! I really appreciate it! And of course, if you want to wait for my leftovers, there are always plenty, you are more than welcome. We have the first dining time, so some people may even get to eat twice! See everyone on the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter