Eat with family not on DDP?

clarrkkent79

Mouseketeer
I'm having a bit of trouble with my travel agent(who arranged all PS). My gf and I are on the DDP. We will have family meeting us in WDW for 3 days and wanted to change some of the PS from 2 people to 5 people. The agent told me she couldn't do that because the ressies were attached to our package. I'm perplexed. I don't see the problem in having family members eat with us(without sharing credits) and receiving seperate "checks", but seems we are prevented from doing so.

I understood this was allowed and disney need not know if we are on the DDP or have a package with WDW to make PS reservations.

Any suggestions? Is she incorrect? Am I?

clarrkkent79 said:
I'm having a bit of trouble with my travel agent(who arranged all PS). My gf and I are on the DDP. We will have family meeting us in WDW for 3 days and wanted to change some of the PS from 2 people to 5 people. The agent told me she couldn't do that because the ressies were attached to our package. I'm perplexed. I don't see the problem in having family members eat with us(without sharing credits) and receiving seperate "checks", but seems we are prevented from doing so.

I understood this was allowed and disney need not know if we are on the DDP or have a package with WDW to make PS reservations.

Any suggestions? Is she incorrect? Am I?

Your TA is incorrect. My sisters family and my family ate several meals together in July. They were on DDP, we were not. I told the CM this when making ADRs and we were told no problem. Just tell your server when you get your table that you need two separate checks, onwe for DDP people and one for the rest of theb party. Never had a problem with this.

Yep, she's wrong. When we made reservations, we knew 6 people were coming but had no idea who would do the dining plan and who wouldn't. It doesn't matter at all and won't matter when you're dining, either. Just ask for seperate checks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter