Eat at Home 3!

Haven't been on for awhile, I've still been meal planning but not to the extent that I usually do, we've been good and have been eating from my stockpile a lot but I'm now needing to replenish that up again. Thankfully there have been lots of great deals and coupon matchups out there the past couple of weeks!

Meal plan for the week
Monday- Chicken Marsala, rice, green beans
Tuesday - Garlic butter pork chops with pierogis and spinach
Wednesday - Kung Pao chicken, fried rice
Thursday - one pot keilbasa pasta (recipe off Pinterest)
Friday - pizza night (got a great deal on Digiornos at Giant!)
Saturday - steaks on the grill, twice baked potatoes
Sunday - Baked potato soup, Rueben sandwiches

Saturday: Chili & cornbread
Sunday: Egg Roll Stir Fry
Monday: Chicken Parmesan & Roasted Broccoli
Tuesday: Spinach Artichoke Chicken
Wednesday: Shredded Beef Tacos
Thursday: Lemon Pepper Tilapia & Brussels Sprouts
Friday: Loaded Cauliflower

DH & I have been eating low carb lately and have been experimenting with new recipes. The hardest part is cutting out the bread and potatoes. :scared1:

Monday- Costco whole chicken, broccoli
Tuesday- lasagna soup, cut up veggies
Wednesday- chicken stuffed pasta triangles, salad
THursday- Breakfast- egg muffins with some turkey cold cuts quickly fried in them (this was quite good!) with hashbrowns
Friday- ground port hamburger helper type dish with mash potatoes and veg
Saturday- my birthday- out somewhere that does a free birthday meal maybe? DD hs a basketball tournament which we don't know schedule
Sunday- Birthday dinner at the farm

Last edited:
Sunday - Leftover burritos from week before
Monday - Quick Thai Chicken and rice
Tuesday - Lemon Pepper Tilapia, mashed potatoes and corn
Wednesday - Chili
Thursday - Can't remember what I have scheduled, but I will say eggs and bacon
Friday - Chicken Veronique probably with rice
Saturday - leftovers

Plans were:

Sun(off)- sloppy joes with carrots DS ended up being invited to dinner at his gf's so I made tortellini w/homemade Alfredo sauce and broccoli for DH and I (DS hates this)
Mon(off)- Hawaiian sliders with chips Ate this.
Tue(off)- cheeseburger pizza Ate the grilled chicken salad.
Wed(off)- steak sandwiches with fruit or veggies Ate this.
Thu(12:30-9:30 switched w/other manager so 8-5)- tuna or chicken pitas with fruit or veggies Ate the sloppy joes w/carrots.
Fri(8-5 switched w/other manager so 1-10)- grilled chicken salad Forgot we were doing a chili cook-off at work, so I am making a big batch of chili right now. I have enough to take to work, leave some for DS to eat, and for DH to take for dinner too- he's working 3-12 for another co-worker.

I haven't made concrete plans for next week yet. Saturday is eat out after church day as usual. The guys will get whatever they want as I have to work. I did remember I have a Chick-fil-a gift card so I'll probably use that for my dinner. Then I have the cheeseburger pizzas and the chicken/tuna pitas to use for Sun. and Mon. I am off Tue. so I'll menu plan and go shopping then.

Yesterday I did a monster grocery shopping trip. We were down to bare cupboards, freezer, and a totally empty pantry. After a trip to walmart, Aldi, and Sam's (and $300 including paper/toiletries/pet food), we have food for weeks.

Week 1
Today-fried shrimp and French fries
S-Burgers and tots
S-Frito chili pie
M-Planned night out for Sushi with friends
T-Shrimp ravioli and garlic bread
W-Breakfast for dinner
T-Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
F-Tacos

S-Spaghetti and meatballs
S-Tuna Mac
M-Burgers
T-Chili and cornbread
W-Pork chops
T-quick lunch somewhere since it's pay day and I take hubby to work.
F-shrimp alfredo

Monday: Pasta w/tomatoes, artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese
Tuesday: Black bean taquitos https://www.budgetbytes.com/2017/01/creamy-black-bean-taquitos/ , chips and salsa
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Chicken strips and tator tots
Friday: H is out of town, I am on my own-easy night (soup or something like that)
Saturday: Busch Gardens for the day so ????
Sunday: Homemade pizza

Everything went as planned this week - I did make breakfast on Thursday, but instead of waffles, I made an old-fashioned banana chocolate chip pancake that went over gangbusters (had extra teens over, so needed to have more pancakes than I had, so I made them - they were a huge hit!). Now to the next week!
Sun - Beef and Beer Stew (Veg - Onions, Carrots, Celery, Potatoes, Mushrooms), Homemade Beer Bread (spouse has some homemade beer I need to use up:))
Mon - Spaghetti and Meatballs with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Roasted Carrots, Blackberries
Tues - Roasted Cauliflower, Carrots, Tomatoes, and Onions in Butter Chicken Sauce, Baked Chicken Thighs (added directly to adults' Indian), White Rice, (Sliced Apples for Kids)
Wed - Homemade Chicken Fried Rice (with Egg/Green Onion), Homemade Egg Drop Soup, Roasted Pineapple and Bananas
Thurs - Leftovers OR Breakfast for Dinner (Sausage or Fried Chicken with Waffles and Fruit Salad)
Fri - Frozen "Fancy" Pizza (picked up a Reuben Pizza and a Baked Potato Pizza today for $3/each - now I gotta try them - this is why you shouldn't shop hungry!), Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT (Maybe using our Cheesecake Factory Gift Cards and Free Desserts - I have 2 months left for those...or if the weather is bad, I will have Western Omelettes with Muffins and Fruit as my backup, but I'd rather make my back up as a nice brunch - wait, I'd rather my spouse make that for brunch, since he's the weekend morning chef:))

Back at this again. Work has been kicking my butt lately. We are already short staffed and we had one girl go out on maternity leave and the flu run rampant. I went to the store today and got stocked up. I also got a new food sealer to keep items from going bad and make it easy to grab quick meals from the freezer.

The plan for this coming week
Saturday (1-9:30) soup and sandwiches
Sunday (11-6:30) pork BBQ with fruit salad and chips
Monday (off) brats with German potato salad
Tuesday (off) beef stew with biscuits
Wednesday (9am-9:30pm) leftovers
Thursday (8:30-5) chili topped baked potatoes
Friday (2-9:30) breakfast for dinner
Saturday (9-5) chicken stir fry with rice

S- pork and fennel sausage penne
M- chickpea fritters and salad
T- lamb pot pies and peas
W- grilled cheese and soup, first dance class and cricket is still on for 4 weeks straight after!
T- leftover fried rice from freezer
F- butter chicken (from freezer, still haven't gotten to it!)
S- parents are staying but I am out with friends so DH will prob get a bbq chook and make salad.

I did make breakfast on Thursday, but instead of waffles, I made an old-fashioned banana chocolate chip pancake that went over gangbusters (had extra teens over, so needed to have more pancakes than I had, so I made them - they were a huge hit!).

Those sound amazing!!! My guys would love them- would you mind sharing the recipe?

And charming23- thank for the brats and chili-topped baked potatoes ideas! I haven't done brats in ages, and I have just enough chili leftover to make the potatoes another meal!

Now I only need two more ideas for next week...

Those sound amazing!!! My guys would love them- would you mind sharing the recipe?

And charming23- thank for the brats and chili-topped baked potatoes ideas! I haven't done brats in ages, and I have just enough chili leftover to make the potatoes another meal!

Now I only need two more ideas for next week...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/21014/good-old-fashioned-pancakes/

I doubled the recipe, but left the salt amount the same (so, I halved it). I also added 1-2tsp vanilla (I did a Rachel Ray and eyeballed it), 3 mashed bananas, and 1/2-3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I eyeballed that, too:)...For the milk, I used whole milk...it really came out nice and fluffy. I'm gonna make these again, but with shredded apple/pear and added cinnamon (and a touch more sugar). I eat pancakes without syrup, so I tend to like to add a little extra sweetner to the cake itself:)...

I also let the batter sit while I prepped kiwi-strawberry fruit salad and heated the pan - seems letting the batter sit 5-10 minutes is key to a good pancake:)...

The doubled recipe fed 7 people with no leftovers:)...

Last edited:
Menu plan week of 1/28

Saturday - butter chicken, rice, naan (i totally give up on Indian food - I made this tonight and it was a flop. Hate when that happens!)
Sunday - cube steak, beets, sweet potatoes
Monday - parm crusted fish, couscous, broccoli
Tuesday - shrimp and sausage stir fry
Wednesday - pulled pork, corn, baked beans
Thursday - spaghetti
Friday - cauliflower soup

Plan for coming week:

Sunday- dinner at inlaws (had birthday dinner at the outlaws)
Monday- crock pot roast, potatoes, carrots (had fried chicken fingers out- had a certificate)
Tuesday- salmon loaf, rice, veg (had the salmon loaf)
Wednesday- chili, salad (never got the chili in so we had pasta and meat sauce)
Thursday- chicken cordo bleu, mashed potatoes, corn, salad
Friday- homemade chicken strips, homemade wedges, salad
Saturday- white fish, couscous, veg

Last edited:
We've been so out of focus for way too long. We're trying to get ourselves back on track and we're starting with eating at home and meal plans! So here goes!

Sun: oven roasted chicken, roasted potatoes, green bean casserole

Mon: chicken enchiladas (with leftover chicken), corn

Tues: smothered chicken, rice, honeyed carrots

Wed: Chicken patty sandwiches, fries

Thurs: crockpot cube steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, salad

Fri: dinner out (with a gift card)

Sat: homemade pizza

Did okay with the plan last week, except for a couple days we had to improvise when we had 2 guys down with a stomach bug

This weeks menu
Sunday - roast beef, smashed potatoes, sautéed spinach
Monday - grilled BBQ chicken sandwiches with slaw
Tuesday - lasagna, salad, garlic bread
Wednesday-slow cooker orange beef, fried rice
Thursday-chicken fajitas, Spanish rice, black beans
Friday - homemade MYO pizzas
Saturday-not sure yet, probably somewhere out
Sunday- chili, cornbread, potato skins (football food)

Did pretty well last week and stuck mostly with the plan. Where I didn't stick with it, I still ate in but had something like a sandwich instead of what was planned.

This week will be:
Today: Green Minestrone
Tomorrow: L/O
Wednesday: Baked pasta primavera in an alfredo sauce, garlic bread
Thursday: L/O
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Eggs and toast
Sunday: Whatever I can find because stuff got moved around lol. I have a frozen meal or canned soup.

Will be starting work on the next 2 weeks once the ads come out this week.

Tonight: chicken and noodles with broccoli
Tues: pizza with a side of fruit
Wed: meatballs and mashed potatoes, broccoli
Thurs: pasta alfredo with peas
Fri: turkey burgers (not sure of sides yet)
Sat: rotisserie chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn
Sun: chicken pot pie

Last edited:
Saturday: Buffalo Chicken Bombs, fruit and yogurt parfaits
Sunday: Veggy Lo-Mein
Monday: Chicken Fajitas, Cilantro Lime Rice, Guacamole and chips
Tuesday: Chicken, noodle casserole, home made apple sauce, rolls
Wednesday: Pasta with meat sauce, garlic bread, salad
Thursday: breakfast
Friday: Frozen Pizza, salad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter