East Coast vacation ideas

Thank you for all of your ideas. I have a lot of research to do on all these locations. Those that recommended Gatlinburg, would this still be recommended given the destruction from the fires?

Absolutely, there will still be plenty of beauty and tourist things to see and do.
We were planning on going this August but due to circumstances that have nothing to do with the fire we won't be able too. I am so disappointed we will miss it.

Virginia/Maryland border,Assateague and Chincoteague national parks, you can camp,spend lots of time outdoors at the HUGE seashore, see wild horses and other animals.... we did that trip a few years back and had a great time- Or Acadia Maine, I just love our National PArks.... you can rent a cabin in a campground pretty cheap in the off season,and the hiking,views and outdoor stuff is great up there! I also second the idea of Montreal,etc. Lots to see within a few hours drive of NH!

Take a look at the Berkshires in MA. Lots of places for hiking. Museums and, if you come early enough in the fall, you might catch the tail end of the summer performance seasons for Tanglewood, Jacobs Pillow, Shakespeare & Company and other theaters. berkshires.org

We definitely think it is worth going to Gatlinburg even with the fires. We went up a few weeks ago. Many of the "touristy" things are still going strong. The major damage to Gatlinburg is on the spur where more wedding chapels, some jeep rentals, and a few smaller businesses. The National Park, while damaged, has most of the "attractions" open such as Cades Cove, the Grist Mill, Sugarlands etc are open. Cherokee had little damage from the fires. If you have never been there, I suggest touring the exhibit and Unto these Hills. There are also several free demonstrations of the Cherokee culture along 441 in front of the shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter