2018 Watch: All 2018 Itineraries are announced as of May 11th, 2017!

OK, just did a search. Yes, we have to sail within 24 months. Oh well. I guess we will do a spring break cruise with our current booking. Glad I found this out so I can make plans!

Yes, it can be a little tricky. We like to cruise over spring break as well, but since Easter varies every year, so does our break. Best to call DCL to see what is the very last day you can sail. Based on our onboard booking from this year, I was thinking of booking spring break 2018 using my OBB discount. I was off by 1 DAY and couldn't do it. It was blacked out anyway, so the OBB wouldn't have helped much.

Just booked a placeholder after my first cruise so we have to sail by December 2018. I had a wonderful time on my scouting trip and now I'll take the kids :teeth: Looking at early 2018 or maybe summer 2018. I hate humidity but DH doesn't want to take them out of school. We shall see...

When does the rates come out for Alaska usually? Want to book a cruise for 2018.
Based on past release dates, Summer 2018 rates should be out in the late March/April timeframe. I'm looking for Europe in the summer of 2018.

Question - I am looking to book one of the 10- or 11-night S. Caribbean cruises sailing (presumably) in June of '18. I am sailing on the Fantasy late this upcoming February. If the Summer '18 itineraries are not released by the time I sail, am I correct in assuming that I should just get my $250 placeholders and "cash them in" on Summer '18's "opening day"? Or should I be doing something different?

The answer seems obvious, but it also seems like I learn something new around here each week, so I never presume I know it all. Thx!

Question - I am looking to book one of the 10- or 11-night S. Caribbean cruises sailing (presumably) in June of '18. I am sailing on the Fantasy late this upcoming February. If the Summer '18 itineraries are not released by the time I sail, am I correct in assuming that I should just get my $250 placeholders and "cash them in" on Summer '18's "opening day"? Or should I be doing something different?

The answer seems obvious, but it also seems like I learn something new around here each week, so I never presume I know it all. Thx!

Generally, yes, your thinking is correct. However, there is one tiny step you might want to consider if you are not a Gold or Platinum CC member and if you don't use a travel agent. If you book a placeholder, you will need to call Disney to change it into a reservation. So, if you are a Silver CC member after your February cruise, you might consider getting a dummy booking in order to be able to access it online to change it into the 2018 booking.

Generally, yes, your thinking is correct. However, there is one tiny step you might want to consider if you are not a Gold or Platinum CC member and if you don't use a travel agent. If you book a placeholder, you will need to call Disney to change it into a reservation. So, if you are a Silver CC member after your February cruise, you might consider getting a dummy booking in order to be able to access it online to change it into the 2018 booking.

Thanks. I work with a TA and I will be Gold after my Feb. cruise.

Just out of curiosity, though, is your recommendation based on the fact that the phone lines will be slammed on the day the bookings open up to Silver and the GP, while Gold/Platinums will be able to call in ahead of that crush?

Thanks. I work with a TA and I will be Gold after my Feb. cruise.

Just out of curiosity, though, is your recommendation based on the fact that the phone lines will be slammed on the day the bookings open up to Silver and the GP, while Gold/Platinums will be able to call in ahead of that crush?

The reasoning is that Gold/Platinum will have to call anyway. So there is no way of getting around busy phone lines when you are Gold/Platinum as the online booking only opens on the day when booking for everyone starts. However, on the day the GP can book online booking has started earlier in the day then when the phone lines opened, so you can get a head start and avoid being on hold.

Of course with a TA you have some else who has to deal with all of this! :goodvibes One of the reasons why I love my TA. I just send her an email what I want to do with my placeholder and get a confirmation later that day.

The reasoning is that Gold/Platinum will have to call anyway. So there is no way of getting around busy phone lines when you are Gold/Platinum as the online booking only opens on the day when booking for everyone starts. However, on the day the GP can book online booking has started earlier in the day then when the phone lines opened, so you can get a head start and avoid being on hold.

Of course with a TA you have some else who has to deal with all of this! :goodvibes One of the reasons why I love my TA. I just send her an email what I want to do with my placeholder and get a confirmation later that day.

I wish platinum got an extra day's start ::yes::

Has anyone had any luck in researching 2018 port call lists at various ports where the Magic or Wonder might pop up?

I had a look at Geiranger where I found the Magic for 2017. They have a number of secret ships, but gotten wise now and not only keep the name secret, but also the size of the ship...

Patiently (kinda) waiting for October 2018 for a 50th birthday cruise to me! :)

I'm waiting for the 2018 Alaska cruises as well. My husband is 'surprising' me with a 20th wedding anniversary trip!!!

I'm hoping they bring back Hawaii one-way cruises. Would love to fly into Honolulu and sail back.

For anyone interested in when the previous release dates were, I did a little bit of research and this is what I found out so far. I am going to list the date on which the new itineraries where released, the first booking day for Gold and Platinum Castaway Club members would have been the day after the realease day and then one day after that the booking was opened for everyone else.

"Winter" means first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including the transitioning cruises).
"Summer" means about May to August/September.
"Fall" means about September until the end of the year (ending with the last cruise starting in the old year).

It still is a bit of a work in progress and I will verify dates more specifically. I will also try to add on more historic dates.
My plan is to post it as a seperate thread that then is easy to refer to and I am planning on keeping it up to date as new release dates come.

Fall 2017 - May 24, 2016
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016
Winter 2017 - October 6, 2015
Fall 2016 - May 18, 2015
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015
Winter 2016 - October 28, 2014
Fall 2015 - May 19, 2014
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014
Winter 2015 - November 12, 2013

These are the easy years, before that things were released in different batches and I still need to verify things better, but this is what I have so far:

revised itineraries Dream, Magic, Wonder (they had originally scheduled the ships very differently) for October to December 2014 - June 18, 2013
Dream/Fantasy September to December 2014, Magic/Wonder May to December 2014 - February 12, 2013
Dream/Fantasy January to August 2014, Magic/Wonder January to April 2014 - December 4, 2012
Magic/Wonder all 2013 - June 26, 2012

To me it seems that with the new ships arriving they had some scheduling difficulties at first, but now seem to have settled into a rhythm on releasing the itineraries for all the ships in three season batches.

So, looking at historic evidence from the 2015 through 2017 releases my guess (and that is all that it is!!!) would be the following:
Winter 2018: anytime between October 4, 2016 and November 15, 2016
Summer 2018: anytime between March 21, 2017 and April 11, 2017
Fall 2018: anytime between May 16, 2017 and May 23, 2017

Yes, I am quoting myself here... For anyone joining the thread right now for the summer 2018 release wait, I did some research with previous release dates. In case you are interested, click to expand the quoted post and you can read it all. For those who want the short version. Based on historic evidence my prediction for Summer 2018 release dates would be anytime between March 21, 2017 and April 11, 2017.

Summer usually includes the full Europe season for the Magic (without the Westbound Transatlantic) and the full Alaska season including repositioning to California for the Wonder.

Yes, I am quoting myself here... For anyone joining the thread right now for the summer 2018 release wait, I did some research with previous release dates. In case you are interested, click to expand the quoted post and you can read it all. For those who want the short version. Based on historic evidence my prediction for Summer 2018 release dates would be anytime between March 21, 2017 and April 11, 2017.

Summer usually includes the full Europe season for the Magic (without the Westbound Transatlantic) and the full Alaska season including repositioning to California for the Wonder.

THANKS!!! We're hoping for a 2018 EBTA with a more southerly route than 2016. We had a rough 4 days during the crossing with 40-55 knot winds with outside stuff tied down and only eateries open (I felt SO SO bad for those crew members!) Anyway, this year's is a southerly route but our daughter would have to go off and graduate high school during that time lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter