2018 Watch: All 2018 Itineraries are announced as of May 11th, 2017!

I would be really happy if DCL switched Magic and Wonder for the Med season. We've been on Magic in the med twice now, and would love to try Wonder. But Alaska isn't really on my list of destinations to try!

Claire :)

I know, if the Wonder did the transatlantic I would be book it straight away! I was hoping it would last year when she came over for her refit but it didn't happen :(

I know I keep thinking we need these other 2 ships and then the Magic and Wonder could start going to Asia. But the Magic is 30 years old soon. I know DCL do keep care of them but realistically how much longer can they go considering they will be 33? when the new ships arrive.

I would be really happy if DCL switched Magic and Wonder for the Med season. We've been on Magic in the med twice now, and would love to try Wonder. But Alaska isn't really on my list of destinations to try!

We booked the Wonder for 2018 from San Juan and it has a great itinerary. I know what you mean -- we've been on all four ships but mostly the Magic.

I would LOVE to see the Fantasy or Dream do some European sailings or longer sailings like the TA or even the PC.

I hear you, and I'd love to sail on the reimagined Wonder in Europe or even one of the NY sailings the Magic currently does. We love the Magic, but our last two cruises were on her and we'd like to see the Wonder after the changes. It appears that the Wonder won't be going to Europe in 2018 though. The west bound Panama Canal sailing for 2018 has already been released and it's once again the Wonder, so she will be heading back to Alaska. I know in the past I've read the presence of the Outlook lounge was one of the reasons the Wonder was so perfect for Alaska. Reading the threads about the updates it sounds as most of the Outlook was taken over by the new concierge lounge, leaving only a small space for non concierge passengers. Without that difference maybe some day they will swap them, who knows?? A change would be nice!

Sorry, I did read through a bunch of pages trying to find the answer because I know it's already in her somewhere, but when do we expect November 2018 dates to be announced? Not until June-ish?

Do people get in touch with their TA's (Dreams Unlimited) well in advance so the TA can book as soon as dates are announced?

I know, if the Wonder did the transatlantic I would be book it straight away! I was hoping it would last year when she came over for her refit but it didn't happen :(

I know I keep thinking we need these other 2 ships and then the Magic and Wonder could start going to Asia. But the Magic is 30 years old soon. I know DCL do keep care of them but realistically how much longer can they go considering they will be 33? when the new ships arrive.

Based on this site, it looks like the 2017 Alaska cruises were released in April, so we might not hear until April 2017 for the 2018 Alaska dates.

Oops! I just remembered, I don't think we are allowed to share sites on here. But if you do a search you can probably find the same info. Bottom like, it was April 12, 2016 that they released the dates for the 2017 Alaska cruises

Based on this site, it looks like the 2017 Alaska cruises were released in April, so we might not hear until April 2017 for the 2018 Alaska dates.

Oops! I just remembered, I don't think we are allowed to share sites on here. But if you do a search you can probably find the same info. Bottom like, it was April 12, 2016 that they released the dates for the 2017 Alaska cruises

I know HAL doesn't release their Alaska schedules until the March or April of the year before, so Disney will probably do the same time frame.

Time to follow this thread! We're planning on doing the 2018 Panama Canal. Not sure which way we want to travel though!

VERY funny!! My husband and I sailed the EBPC this year. We were the last trip the Wonder took before heading to Cadiz for refurb and refit. It was a remarkable trip and I'd recommend to anyone. My big hope is for Hawaii in 2018. Any guesses or inside info as to whether it will happen?

VERY funny!! My husband and I sailed the EBPC this year. We were the last trip the Wonder took before heading to Cadiz for refurb and refit. It was a remarkable trip and I'd recommend to anyone. My big hope is for Hawaii in 2018. Any guesses or inside info as to whether it will happen?

I hope they do some one-way trips again. I'd like to fly over and stay a few days and take the ship back. I think the round-trip sailings waste too much time at sea.

Does anyone know if you can use a placeholder booked on the Dream for an Alaskan? Also can you add guests to the placeholder who aren't on the cruise with you (when placeholder is booked) ???!
Alaska 2018 watch here!

Does anyone know if you can use a placeholder booked on the Dream for an Alaskan? Also can you add guests to the placeholder who aren't on the cruise with you (when placeholder is booked) ???!
Alaska 2018 watch here!

Yes, as long as you cruise within 24 months of your placeholder, you can cruise on whichever ship you want. As long as the primary person on the original res remains the same, you can add or change others. You can't add an additional discounted room though, unless you booked 2 placeholders while onboard.

These days when we book placeholders, I'll book 2 rooms - one with myself as primary and one with DH. That way, we're covered if we want to bring my parents, friends, etc.

Yes, as long as you cruise within 24 months of your placeholder, you can cruise on whichever ship you want. As long as the primary person on the original res remains the same, you can add or change others. You can't add an additional discounted room though, unless you booked 2 placeholders while onboard.

Oh, just to clarify. I need to actually SAIL within 24 months of my onboard booking? It isn't that I have to 'book' a sailing within 24 months?

I have an onboard booking from March 2016 (this year) and I was going to use it for an Alaskan cruise in July 2018, but that is longer than 24 months.

OK, just did a search. Yes, we have to sail within 24 months. Oh well. I guess we will do a spring break cruise with our current booking. Glad I found this out so I can make plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!