E-Ticket ride night

njmousefan

Earning My Ears
Can someone explain the e-ticket ride night? I wasn't aware of this feature til just recently.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Here goes:

E-ticket night is when people staying at the Disney Resort are given an opportunity to purchase a ticket which allows them to stay at Magic Kingdom for 3 more hours after the park closes. There are only a select number of rides open, but there are only a limited number of tickets that are sold. It's possible sometimes to stay on your favorite ride and go on it several times in succession.

When DH and I went a few years ago, we took advantage of the E-ticket night and were able to do 6 or 7 rides in just a couple hours. It was well worth the $10 purchase price (per person). I believe I've read somewhere that the current price is $12.

If the system is still the same as when I went three years ago, E-ticket nights are fairly randomly set by the Disney folks (approx. once per week or two) and are only held during the off-season.

Last trip, I was able to find a posting here on the DIS that listed the nights E-ticket was available. If you can't find out before you go, then ask at your check-in if there is an E-ticket night during your stay.

I believe I've read that some of the Downtown Disney hotels also offer E-tickets, but can't confirm that personally.

Aha, here is a link that tells you more: http://www.wdwig.com/etik.htm

EthansMom

Forgive my cynicism but let's see if I've got this right...

Disney has drastically reduced park hours, gradually raised ticket prices, and then come along with E-ticket nites when they charge Disney hotel guests who are paying top dollar for fairly small rooms an extra $12/person to stay in a park operating limited attractions for 3 hours that the park used to be open anyway. Am I the only one who sees a problem with this system?

Steve

Steve,

I guess it's all a matter of supply and demand -- if enough people thought E-ticket night was a rip-off, then there wouldn't be a demand and Disney would stop having them. But E-ticket night worked well for us and seemed worth $10. Now that we have a toddler who wouldn't be able to do hardly any of the rides open for E-ticket night (not to mention being up past bedtime), I'm pretty sure we won't go (maybe just DH and his brother?).

As for me, I can't believe the people who spend thousands of dollars to stay at the Poly or Contemporary!

Guess we all have our priorities.

EthansMom

Originally posted by EthansMom
I guess it's all a matter of supply and demand -- if enough people thought E-ticket night was a rip-off, then there wouldn't be a demand and Disney would stop having them.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this because Disney has manipulated the supply to create the demand. By closing the parks earlier than in years past, thousands of onsite guests, many of whom don't have cars, are left with not a whole lot of entertainment choices at nite that are good for the whole family (can't take the kids to Pleasure Island). Certainly, it comes down to your preferences and budget.

As for me, I can't believe the people who spend thousands of dollars to stay at the Poly or Contemporary!
Guess we all have our priorities.

With this, I agree 100%!
Many people pay more for one nite than we spend for a whole week. That is absolutely due to personal preferences and priorities. We like a lot of space, a seperate room for our daughter, and a kitchen. We can't get that onsite without paying a tremendous amount more than we can get it for offsite. To each his own.

Steve

Thanks EthansMom for the reply. I am not sure if we will take advantage of it or not..why it appealed to me is that we are traveling with my two older son's (20 and 21) and a friend of theirs plus my 6 month old son from my second marriage...yes I was a baby the first time around (lol).

It's the first time we are taking a combined family trip...meaning my older son's from my first marriage and the newest member of our family.

I am not sure what to expect with lines, the heat (August 12 - 19th..I know it will be hot (been there in August before), but not sure how the baby will handle it), so I thought it might be an option for the older boys and friend, my husband and I to take advantage of the rides we enjoy so much in MK...thinking here we could avoid the hottest part of the day by splitting up and going to a water park or back to the hotel to nap and then back together in the early evenings when there is a little relief.

Steve, I hadn't really thougth about it from your point of view, you raise a very valid point, but in my situation, I am leaning towards it having value for our particular situation and an option that I may be willing to pay extra for.

Again, thanks to both of you for your replies!

We jusr returned on Sunday and utilized e-ride night on Friday @ MK. The park was open from 10 pm until 1 AM for guests who purchased the additional tickets. The cost was $12 per adult & $10 for children and you need to pay tax as well. The following are the rides that are scheduled to be open: Astro Orbiter, BTMRR, Buzz, Country Bear Jamboree, Alien Encounter, Haunted Mansion, Space, Splash, TTA.

The dates for July (regular season) were July 1, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25 & 29 so you can see they do offer it outside of "off-season" times. The tickets are available at Guest Services desk in any of the Disney resorts, they are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and you have to show your resort ID & a multi-day ticket to purchase them. You can also buy the tickets at City Hall in MK on the day of the e-ride.

You exchange your ticket for an e-ride wristband after 4PM at City Hall, Tomorrowland Arcade or Splashdown Photo. Only park guests that have wristbands are allowed to enter the rides after the scheduled park closing. They do look at everyone's wrist when they enter the ride line--especially right at the park closing time.

We rode everything we wanted on the July 18th e-ride night--even though it was a torrential thunderstorm! We did Buzz 4-5 xs, Space 2xs, HM 2xs, BTMRR & Splash too, so it was well worth the extra money.

I know you'll be there in August and the dates for august are: August 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, so hopefully one will work into your schedule! I think your idea of taking it easier during the day with your little one makes a lot of sense. The nights in the parks are not nearly as crowded (unless Spectro & Fits are taking place) and the place seems to have a different kind of *magic* IMO.

Anyway-hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter