DxDDP for 2 and 4 yr olds?

cwt580

always a kid
we plan on doing some 2 ts credits on the plan(4 adults ,one 4 yr old and one 2 yr old).... what do kids have to order? and what do each get charged credit wise?

I'm assuming the both get kids meals choices but maybe the 2 yr old has to share w an adult since they don't charge him for dining plan ? also since the 2 yr old may not get billed anything is it still considered party of 6 for tipping purposes?

reason I ask is the 2 yr old will prob eat more than the 4 yr old..

There are kids' meals at signature restaurants, and they will take 2 DxDP credits just like an adult meal would. Your 2 yr old won't actually have credits, so if (s)he wants to eat, you'll have to order food specifically for him/her. That said, you may well get by sharing one kid's meal for both kids, especially if you supplement with bites from other plates, just ordering a second drink (which you may or may not get charged for, depending on the restaurant/server).

The only reasons to use deluxe dining credits for a child's meal at a signature restaurant would be if you have $0 in your pocket or so many dining credits that they would otherwise go to waste. I always pay out of pocket for kid meals, saving credits for other adult meals.

I did not realize you can do this with the deluxe plan. Have you ever had any issues splitting payment this way?

Splitting payment can be a byzantine undertaking, or people can make rough estimates and be done with it. The person who pays for a meal need not be the person whose band is used to redeem credits.

Before our trip I put together a spreadsheet detailing all of our TS meals and how many credits we are planning to use. I add in any meals I think that we will need at CS. Before I pay OOP for the meal I look at what we have.

DxDDP is a lot of food and the 4 YO has three credits per night as well, so you may have enough to just get 2 YO a meal too.

not worried about credits more so than the 2yr old. he eats more than the 4yr old...

DxDP does not differentiate between children and adult meals, if I remember correctly. So, you have 15 meal credits per day. They are all pooled together. At each restaurant, you have complete control over what gets paid for with the dining plan, and what gets paid for OOP. The only exception is that they MAY OR MAY NOT let you use the dining plan to pay for more than 4 adult meals at once.

At buffets, it is simple. You will be charged 5 meals.

At other TS restaurants, it is up to you what your order for each kid. They can both order just a drink and eat off the adults' plates, or each order their own meal, or 1 to split. And, it is up to you whether to pay for kid meal out of pocket, or use the plan. Or, pay for one out of pocket, and use plan for other kid meal (if you do this, there is no problem using plan on the kid meal that cost more, regardless of which kid ate what).

Unless you would otherwise have credits left over, you will be better off paying for the kids meals OOP, and saving the credits for extra adult meals.

The 2YO can eat at a buffet but you will probably have to order for the 2YO off the kid menu ... some restaurants will bring a free kid meal, but you are not entitled to it.

The 4YO will be allowed to order off the adult menu at MOST disney places. My 8 year old son ordered a plain filet with a side of kids mac and cheese (house made) from CA Grill for 2TS, this was considered an adult meal. If you 2 year old will eat something like that, the two of them can split. It was a huge portion of mac and cheese, my son could not finish it with the steak (he did finish the steak). They will be pretty flexible with simplifying adult entrees if you want to share one between the two kids (and need to... maybe your two are adventurous eaters in which case it might not be necessary). I'd think an appetizer, adult entree and dessert would feed both of your kids MORE than adequately.

I do believe that you will trigger the auto-grat for parties of 6 or more even though one is only 2.

The 2YO can eat at a buffet but you will probably have to order for the 2YO off the kid menu ... some restaurants will bring a free kid meal, but you are not entitled to it.

The 4YO will be allowed to order off the adult menu at MOST disney places. My 8 year old son ordered a plain filet with a side of kids mac and cheese (house made) from CA Grill for 2TS, this was considered an adult meal. If you 2 year old will eat something like that, the two of them can split. It was a huge portion of mac and cheese, my son could not finish it with the steak (he did finish the steak). They will be pretty flexible with simplifying adult entrees if you want to share one between the two kids (and need to... maybe your two are adventurous eaters in which case it might not be necessary). I'd think an appetizer, adult entree and dessert would feed both of your kids MORE than adequately.

I do believe that you will trigger the auto-grat for parties of 6 or more even though one is only 2.
Were you on the deluxe plan? The OP didn't specify which plan, but you will not be able to use a child's credit for an adult meal on the regular plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter