• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*DVC Sold Out* DVC and/or AP will be given sneak peak of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

I know we will get more info, but knowing the fact that in order to attend the preview, we need a park ticket (not a reservation), does anyone think that Disney would limit our time in Epcot to only our preview time (with some wiggle room on both sides)?

I heard from others that other previews required that attendees left after their preview time, but I have a hard time believing they would do that if requiring a full ticket (I’d throw a fit).

I know we will get more info, but knowing the fact that in order to attend the preview, we need a park ticket (not a reservation), does anyone think that Disney would limit our time in Epcot to only our preview time (with some wiggle room on both sides)?

I heard from others that other previews required that attendees left after their preview time, but I have a hard time believing they would do that if requiring a full ticket (I’d throw a fit).
No one asked me to leave after the remy preview. I don’t know how they’d monitor that …

That was true of the Pandora previews, which involved an entire land with restricted entrances (Edited - only one entrance/exit, actually; they had the exit toward Africa blocked off). For those previews, we were booked for a 2 or 3 hour time period, for instance 9 AM to 11 AM, and the CMs were able to shoo everyone out before the next session began at maybe noon, for instance (I can't remember the particulars). The GotG previews only give you a starting time, right? So I think it's more like a Lightning Lane pass - you show up at that time, get in line, ride, and you're done and free to wander Epcot as you wish.

That was true of the Pandora previews, which involved an entire land with restricted entrances (Edited - only one entrance/exit, actually; they had the exit toward Africa blocked off). For those previews, we were booked for a 2 or 3 hour time period, for instance 9 AM to 11 AM, and the CMs were able to shoo everyone out before the next session began at maybe noon, for instance (I can't remember the particulars). The GotG previews only give you a starting time, right? So I think it's more like a Lightning Lane pass - you show up at that time, get in line, ride, and you're done and free to wander Epcot as you wish.
Yea, I think this makes the most sense, especially if they are requiring an actual ticket. Im sure we’ll get more specifics - I’m traveling from out of state and would like to be in Epcot all day, hence my question. I can see how previews for Pandora would be different as that was an entire new land, so I’m guessing I’m worrying for nothing, but that’s probably giving Disney too much credit.

Anyone else still not received their AP confirmation email?
I don’t really want to call Disney as I live in Canada and it’s super expensive for us to call them.

How long before Disney will try to monetize those previews? By guest demand, of course, to make it "easier" to get into a preview.

How long before Disney will try to monetize those previews? By guest demand, of course, to make it "easier" to get into a preview.
Well, they monetized the D23 preview but they added a few goodies to make it more palatable to swallow the $40 price tag such as the $20 food voucher, "after 4 PM" park admission and special Harmonious viewing area. It sold out in 10 minutes and that was with a limit of 2 tickets per member.

Well, they monetized the D23 preview but they added a few goodies to make it more palatable to swallow the $40 price tag such as the $20 food voucher, "after 4 PM" park admission and special Harmonious viewing area. It sold out in 10 minutes and that was with a limit of 2 tickets per member.
I guess it's a test? As usually, with Disney when something is a good value it will be repeated but removing advantages until it's an awful value but people will still buy it for FOMO. Dessert parties anyone?

How long before Disney will try to monetize those previews?
In a sense they already are, but your point is well taken.

Cedar Fair usually auctions off "first ride" (and, often, "last ride") for a new (closing) attraction, with the proceeds going to charity. It's a brilliant PR mechanism.

In a sense they already are, but your point is well taken.

Cedar Fair usually auctions off "first ride" (and, often, "last ride") for a new (closing) attraction, with the proceeds going to charity. It's a brilliant PR mechanism.

Subtract the charity portion and Disney will be on it soon. Paid $25k for dvc? Throw us $10 more for this perk.

Anyone else still not received their AP confirmation email?
I don’t really want to call Disney as I live in Canada and it’s super expensive for us to call them.
We live local to WDW and didn't get the email confirmation after signing up for the GotG AP Previews. Also didn't get an email confirmation after signing up for the Remy AP Previews either. Didn't receive the anticipated follow up email just prior to the Remy AP Previews and I DON'T expect that I will receive the follow up email for the GotG AP Previews either.

I did print the registration confirmation page and also scanned it to a PDF which I have stored on my phone.

I haven't received the confirmation email either. I was on my work computer and forgot to screen shot the registration. I guess I will just show up at my time slot and hopefully they can look it up if they scan my MB.

I haven't received the confirmation email either. I was on my work computer and forgot to screen shot the registration. I guess I will just show up at my time slot and hopefully they can look it up if they scan my MB.
When we did the Remy AP Preview, we encountered two separate check points when entering the area. The first one wanted to see our confirmation (which I printed but forgot to bring with me). I told the CM that I never received an email confirmation (which was true) and they did let us pass to the second check point where they actually scanned our MagicBands and they let us in to the area.

The CM previews are in late April and early May. AP previews run May 8-10, 15, 16, 18-21. There will be a media day in there somewhere and then a few cold openings before the official opening on May 27. I just don't foresee them adding more DVC days.
So, after no luck getting a DVC preview, the site said try AP. I did at around 9:50am on the exact day, and it said a one hour wait.. After 10 minutes, it said all AP is full..??? HOW did ALL those dates fill up in less than or near 1 hour????????

So, after no luck getting a DVC preview, the site said try AP. I did at around 9:50am on the exact day, and it said a one hour wait.. After 10 minutes, it said all AP is full..??? HOW did ALL those dates fill up in less than or near 1 hour????????

I was on the AP site while waiting for DVC and it was like 20 minutes around 9:05 am.

There are only so many people that can ride the ride in an hours time. It doesn’t take that long to fill the spots because each person could book as many spots that matched the number of family and friends with APs.

For DVC, it was member plus 4. Plus, the actual registration for The AP spots took less than 5 minutes to fill out and confirm so it could handle a lot of people in a short time.

I got a DVC preview for GOTG on May 18 for 4 people. It didnt ask for the names of the people....how will all 4 people receive an EPCOT park pass that day if you didnt have to give the names?

I got a DVC preview for GOTG on May 18 for 4 people. It didnt ask for the names of the people....how will all 4 people receive an EPCOT park pass that day if you didnt have to give the names?
They don't automatically add park reservations for the DVC Previews. You check in at the park entrance and after they verify your event registration you and your park will be admitted to the park.

They don't automatically add park reservations for the DVC Previews. You check in at the park entrance and after they verify your event registration you and your park will be admitted to the park.
Is there a restriction on who the guests are? Do they have to be DVC members or staying at a DVC resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter