DTD hotels - which 2 are a 1 minute walk to DTD ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I know thw Hilton is very close (across the street) from DTD.
The Hilton is the only DTD hotel which is allowed the EMH's.
But they have expensive prices and we do not have any Hilton points or discounts (unless AAA gives you a great rate).
The Hilton's street # is 1705

Is there another DTD hotel which is just as close to DTD as the Hilton ?
Any other DTD hotel with a street # in the 1700"s ?

We would prefer to be able to walk to DTD and catch a bus (or boat), than to bus for over an hour to a park.

Transportaion
A DTD bus to CR - and we walk over to MK.
A DTD bus to YC/BC, or BW, or Dolphin/Swan and wlak to EPCOT or boat to DHS.
AK would be the only problem - but we could boat to POR or POFQ and bus to AK. Or DTD bus to AKL and then bus to AK (in 5 minutes).

It may be possible to get a better DTD hotel than our $177/night rate at POFQ.

nothing is now that close.

disney changed the lights. the lights will hold for much longer - but when walking is permit - there is no traffic moving at all. all traffic must come to a stop.

buena vista palace hotel & spa
wyndham lake buena vista resort
are the other two

here is some information
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/AreaMap/

nothing is now that close.

disney changed the lights. the lights will hold for much longer - but when walking is permit - there is no traffic moving at all. all traffic must come to a stop.

buena vista palace hotel & spa
wyndham lake buena vista resort
are the other two

here is some information
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/AreaMap/

Thank you for the website.
I think the roads would not be busy at 8: 30 AM - ay least what I hope for.
And maybe on our way back at 7 PM ? Or even mid-day.

Is the road we would cross just 2 lanes - one each way,
or the road we would cross to the DTD parking lot 4 lanes, 2 lanes each way ?

I have stayed at the now Wyndham across the street from the Hilton a couple times. It's a quick walk to DTD. A couple minutes. You do cross a big street, but we never had any problems. I never minded the buses TO the park from Wyndham, but I hated waiting out in the parking lot for the return to the hotel, so we always used to hop a bus at the park to one of the Disney resorts and then take a bus from there to DTD and then walked back to the Wyndham.

The Wyndham is either the last or 2nd to last stop on the bus route out to the parks, so if you stayed at the Hilton, you could walk across the street and catch a park bus at the Wyndham. It would be alot faster than getting the bus at the Hilton because it's one of the first DTD hotel stops and has to go to all the other hotels before going to the parks.

I know thw Hilton is very close (across the street) from DTD.
The Hilton is the only DTD hotel which is allowed the EMH's.
But they have expensive prices and we do not have any Hilton points or discounts (unless AAA gives you a great rate).
The Hilton's street # is 1705

Is there another DTD hotel which is just as close to DTD as the Hilton ?
Any other DTD hotel with a street # in the 1700"s ?

We would prefer to be able to walk to DTD and catch a bus (or boat), than to bus for over an hour to a park.

Transportaion
A DTD bus to CR - and we walk over to MK.
A DTD bus to YC/BC, or BW, or Dolphin/Swan and wlak to EPCOT or boat to DHS.
AK would be the only problem - but we could boat to POR or POFQ and bus to AK. Or DTD bus to AKL and then bus to AK (in 5 minutes).

It may be possible to get a better DTD hotel than our $177/night rate at POFQ.

Have you tried LastMinuteTravel? Or priceline? I got the Hilton DTD for $71 a night! Just a thought!:thumbsup2

Thank you for the website.
I think the roads would not be busy at 8: 30 AM - ay least what I hope for.
And maybe on our way back at 7 PM ? Or even mid-day.

Is the road we would cross just 2 lanes - one each way,
or the road we would cross to the DTD parking lot 4 lanes, 2 lanes each way ?

At 8:30 AM there is going to be a long wait at DTD for buses headed to resorts - there just isn't a need. As far as traffic - it isn't going to be crazy busy but you have all the CMs hurrying to work then.

At 7 PM the road and traffic is going to be terrible. All the people going to DTD, people leaving property to go eat, people coming onto property for movies etc at DTD, people returning to their offsite hotels, etc

Midday busy as well with CMs leaving work and using the roads, going to work and using the roads, guests going to DTD for the afternoon or leaving, people heading to their hotels for breaks etc.

The road is 5-6 lanes that you cross - and you DO want to wait for the light.

Liz

At 8:30 AM there is going to be a long wait at DTD for buses headed to resorts - there just isn't a need. As far as traffic - it isn't going to be crazy busy but you have all the CMs hurrying to work then.

At 7 PM the road and traffic is going to be terrible. All the people going to DTD, people leaving property to go eat, people coming onto property for movies etc at DTD, people returning to their offsite hotels, etc

Midday busy as well with CMs leaving work and using the roads, going to work and using the roads, guests going to DTD for the afternoon or leaving, people heading to their hotels for breaks etc.

The road is 5-6 lanes that you cross - and you DO want to wait for the light.

Liz

The last time we were at DTD the buses to the resorts did not start running until after 10:30 am.

what does anyone know of the Downtown Hilton Doubletree Suites? How close are they...and are they nice?

We stayed at the Best Western DTD in December, and it was an easy walk to DTD. The bus service was very reliable, and it did not take an hour to get to the parks. We caught the 7:25 a.m. bus every morning and were at the parks by 8:00 opening or close to it. There was an earlier bus as well.

Another plus is that they do not charge for parking.

what does anyone know of the Downtown Hilton Doubletree Suites? How close are they...and are they nice?

They are towards the CrossRoads end of Hotel Blvd but I really like the hotel. I have stayed there three times. The rooms are really nice, I like the restaurant. I have a car so I don't know about the bus and in my opinion its too far to walk to DTD but it certainly can be done if its not too hot.

Liz

I have stayed at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista my past 2 trips and I love the location to DTD. I do the same as WaltD and take the hotel bus to the first park then grab a different resort bus back to somewhere convenient and take the DTD bus from there. I also will go to the POFQ and take the boat back to DTD then shop and walk back to the hotel. They run good specials, also AAA, plus if you sign up for Wyndham rewards, you accumulate points towards a future stay. I love it there-wasn't sure after always staying onsight, but financially, it's the only way to go and I traveled solo last time and felt perfectly safe, plus staff at the hotel were great, so will definately be going back..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter