DSNY'S Retreat - Windsor Hills STAY AWAY!!!

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We stayed in this 5 bedroom/5 Bath home in Windsor Hills and it was less than what I expected.

For starters - when I received my quote from the owner, I was told that my quote included the use of a BBQ. When we arrived at the home, there was no BBQ there. I contacted the owner about this and was told that it was old and gross and they decided to get rid of it. They had no plans to replace it. At the time of this review, it is still being advertised with pictures of it on the website for the home.

One of the large reasons we booked the home was because it listed a PS2 and an Xbox360 on the website. When we arrived at the house we did see the two consoles, but there were no games for either of them. I asked the owner about this and was told that guests had removed them from the home and they had no plans to replace them. I was also told that I could rent games from the clubhouse but when we called the clubhouse, they informed us that they do not have games to rent. So basically we had unusable game consoles unless we wanted to go somewhere and shell out money to buy games for them.

For both of these items I asked the owner for a partial refund. We thought it was only fair that we get some money back for a missing BBQ and no games for 2 game consoles. I was told by the owner that they were not going to give me a refund because of the following:

#1. We did not pay extra for the BBQ so there was no reason we should have expected it. I explained to the owner that it was specifically listed in the quote she gave me for the house and she again told me that it was a free amenity so I was not to expect it at the home. I was also told that they removed any advertising of the BBQ some time ago. At the time of this review, you can go to their website and see several pictures with the BBQ in them.

#2. The owner said they never advertised games for the PS2 and the Xbox360. That is true. However, if I rent a home with game consoles, I expect there to be games to play with them. They are of no use to anyone if they do not have games. When I asked the owner about them I was told that they were removed from prior guests and that was something she had no control over and that they did not intend on buying new ones. Maybe that is something I should not have expected, but we rented 3 other homes in Windsor Hills at the same time and all of them had games to go with the consoles.

The house itself is beautifully decorated and the kitchen is well stocked. However, it was not as clean as I would have liked it to be. The management company only works on Mon-Fri and we checked in on a Saturday. So I had to wait until Monday to have someone come out and re-clean a few of the bathrooms.

I wanted to write this review to inform people that there is no BBQ at the home and no games for the consoles in case they booked the home specifically for these items. I think it is only fair to let people know.

Thanks for the review, OP, but I strongly encourage you to include some of the details from your previous thread. This review doesn't at all reveal the major issues with this particular owner.

Here are more details of the home and our experience.

When I walked into the bathroom there was hair (pubic and regular) all over the floor and worse, all over the bathroom mats. I also found toenails both on the bathroom floor and in the rug in the bedroom. I brought this to the attention of the homeowner who basically told me I was a liar and that she had just been there and personally cleaned all these items herself. I know what pubic hair looks like and it was everywhere on those bathroom rugs. I ended up rolling them up and throwing them in the closet because there was no way that I was going to step on them, they were that gross. After the owner went on and on about how there was NO WAY that I was seeing all this stuff, she told me that she contacted the mgmt. company to contact me. The next day (Sun) someone came out to take a look at things. He agreed that the bathrooms were gross but paused when I mentioned the bug that were on the floor behind the couch. He asked me where they were and I told him that I already vacuumed them up because they were gross and I wanted them gone. So since they were not there when he came, I think he was not sure if he should believe me. He told me that the crew does not work on weekends and the earliest someone could come out was Monday, we checked in on a Saturday. So Monday this ONE guy comes in the house with a broom and sweeps the bathroom floor and spays some bleach solution in the shower and leaves. He was there not more than 20 minutes and was supposed to re-clean all 5 bathrooms. No way that happened, but I was so done with it at that point I was not going to argue my way through my vactation.

When I got home and after I contaced the owner about a partial refund ($250) and she said no, I told her that was her perogative but that I would have to write a negative review based on my experience with her and her home. She then THREATENS me and said that if she finds any negative review from me or anyone associtated with me, that she would sue me.So I would stay FAR AWAY from this house and this owner. There are so many other GOOD owners in WH that understand how to treat their customers.

]She then THREATENS me and said that if she finds any negative review from me or anyone associtated with me, that she would sue me.

This is the most concerning part about your review to me. Shocking, really! To try to bully an unhappy customer out of giving a negative review is inexcusable. Thanks for posting your review. Hopefully it saves someone else from a similar experience.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. The owner has either herself (or someone she knows) been stalking me all over the internet harrassing me for my reviews that I posted.

You can see some of it right here on the DIS! At least nobody has to take my word for it that the owner is off-kilter, they can see for themselves! Like I said STAY AWAY!

Was just looking through my trip advisor review and someone else posted that the owner threatened to sue them too. Looks like this is not an isolated incident with her.:sad2:

Thank you for posting this!! I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I'm hoping to hear back from the guy we've been renting from for the past 3 visits. Even though his house is a little ways out, I trust him 100% and after getting scammed by Jorge Gomez I'm to scared to try somewhere new.

Wow...thanks for posting this. This house was on my list of "maybe".....and here it is the end of January (so 3 months since OP was there) and the list of amenities still says "outdoor grill".

It does say "video game console..." but doesn't say "bring your own games". And yes, I think a reasonable person would assume that there was some type of game......maybe not great ones, but something. That's like advertising that there is a TV but oh, you can't watch it because it's not hooked up to cable or even an antenna.

Wow...thanks for posting this. This house was on my list of "maybe".....and here it is the end of January (so 3 months since OP was there) and the list of amenities still says "outdoor grill".

It does say "video game console..." but doesn't say "bring your own games". And yes, I think a reasonable person would assume that there was some type of game......maybe not great ones, but something. That's like advertising that there is a TV but oh, you can't watch it because it's not hooked up to cable or even an antenna.

I am glad that you came here and checked! I would hate for someone else to have to deal with what I did. There are so many other homes in WH, why go with one that is a pain?

I like your TV analogy. That is exactly what I felt like.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review & share your experience with us. Now it's May 2013 and it seems like the owner has updated the listing on homeaway.com.
Under the "Notes" section of their listing is this :
An XBox 360 & PS/2 is provided, please bring your childrens' favourite games to play on them. There is a charcoal BBQ area at the resort or a gas BBQ can be hired in if required.

But now I know to steer clear away from this rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!