Drop in Frozen Ever After

Show of hands: Who here was hoping to click on this thread and learn that interest in FEA has "dropped" and there's hardly any line now? :earboy2:

If it makes it any more bearable, there isn't even a height restriction for FEA. Many Frozen fans are just little tykes, I think the ride was designed to add something for children in FW.

Show of hands: Who here was hoping to click on this thread and learn that interest in FEA has "dropped" and there's hardly any line now? :earboy2:

If it makes it any more bearable, there isn't even a height restriction for FEA. Many Frozen fans are just little tykes, I think the ride was designed to add something for children in FW.
On that topic, it's Friday of a holiday weekend, and when I checked the app at around 2 p.m., the Frozen Ever After standby wait was posted at just 40 minutes. That's a far cry from the multi-hour lines I've heard so much about it. I'm going to be in Epcot tomorrow. We had written off riding Frozen, but if the line is under an hour after we rope drop Test Track and Soarin', we may reconsider.

I thought that's what it meant too.

As for the drop in the line, it's safe for babies, so I don't consider the drop big at all. And the backwards one is not extreme at all - or even very fast. But then, Splash Mountain is my favorite ride, so I may not be the one to ask!

I will confess - I never rode Maelstrom because I was worried about the drop. I decided to suck it up because I really wanted to see the Frozen ride (even if it was just once). Trust me when I say, it's not even a drop. It's more of a long incline. The drop on Pirates is much worse, in my opinion. Don't let the incline stop you from riding - it's really cute!

Trust me when I say, it's not even a drop. It's more of a long incline. The drop on Pirates is much worse, in my opinion. Don't let the incline stop you from riding - it's really cute!

Again, the "long incline" is not the "drop" in Frozen (or Maelstrom.)

The "drop" comes AFTER the "long incline," -and it IS a drop- and it is virtually the same kind (quick & steep) as the drop in Pirates.

What I don't understand on this thread is that some remember the drop and some don't seem to remember it.
It may be that some are so apprehensive and nervous about the "long incline" (as your boat is gliding BACKWARDS) that they simply block out the actual "drop" that comes next... just after your boat starts moving FORWARD again.

And, I say this too, again, even though there IS a drop, it is nothing to worry about.
It is tame. As tame as the drop in Pirates.

Last edited:
The ride has no height requirement and doesn't even need a restraint. Infants & toddlers go on this ride every day. I don't think they've lost one yet. :) It's really a "nothing" drop.

I am a huge baby when it comes to drops in rides! I refuse to ride anything with a drop. I sucked it up on our recent trip because I really wanted to ride the new Frozen ride, and I'm so glad I went on it. You can tell when it's coming so I just prepared myself and it wasn't that bad. And actually, since I was feeling brave after, I also rode Pirates for the first time during that trip :) My daughter and I are in the middle looking terrified on a ride featuring Anna and Elsa, with my son hiding his face in front of us, with my husband. ETA - the photo is taken while going down the drop
EPCOT_FROZENRIDE_20161121_7869023769rs.jpg

(It's ok, you can laugh!)

Isn't the "track" exactly the same as Maelstrom? I haven't been on FEA yet, but if the track is the same, there really is nothing to fear here.

exactly the same. only change is they moved the load/unload spot to make a better queue which also shifted the drop to more of the middle instead of right at the end into the oil platform room.

It is better lit though so if you let it, it'll freak you out. but there is a cool animatronic sequence and if you watch it more you'll not even notice it.

My 79-year-old mother was not thrilled with us after pirates "that was too a big drop!" and she was fine with Frozen. That said when we got off Frozen her reaction was "that was it?"

I will not share what she said to me over and over during and after 7DMT :rolleyes:

I will not share what she said to me over and over during and after 7DMT :rolleyes:

Did you get her on EE? the best rides is when someone doesn't know it goes backwards happens.. I think the height restriction is actually because of what comes out of many adults mouths on that ride.

Did you get her on EE? the best rides is when someone doesn't know it goes backwards happens.. I think the height restriction is actually because of what comes out of many adults mouths on that ride.

Not a chance! She could see that one as we approached and handed her magic band to her 14-year-old grandson and said, "You do this one for me!" Same for Splash!

For the record, we rope-dropped Epcot today from the International Gateway. We waited standby for Test Track and Soarin' and wound up walking back to Frozen Ever After around 10:15. The wait was 40 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter