Drop in Frozen Ever After

dlj97

Earning My Ears
I see the drop in FEA is 28 ft - I am a real ride wimp. Can anyone tell me more about the drop? Thanks!

It's not really a drop, it's just a slope. It's not steep at all. Small children ride it everyday without incident.

I'll preface and say I haven't been on Frozen yet, but have been on Maelstrom countless times. I doubt they altered the length of the drop so if it's the same then it's very, very doable. I'd say it's even more mild than the drop in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Thanks! I will admit I am scared of the drop in Pirates - hoping FEA isn't as bad!

Yeah, it's not really a drop so much as an incline. You do go down it backwards, but it's really nothing.

Sorry, posted wrong info. I forgot about that drop ... I just don't think it's anything compared to pirates in the fear factor range ... guess that is why it made no impression on me.

Last edited:
Go to minute 3 here.
Look at Elsa before and after drop.
Not bad at all.
Nothing like Pirates.

There absolutely IS a "drop" on this attraction and its not at the 3:00 mark on that video.
It is at the 4:00 mark on that video.

It is quite comparable to the drop on Pirates.

This is the same drop from the Maelstrom version of the attraction when
the boat was plunged down into the "raging storm" around the sea-standing oil rig scene.

All of that said, it is not really enough to fret over, but it is enough that if a person
dislikes even the "idea" of drops... it IS there.

Last edited:
FWIW, wifey and I both got a decent amount of water on us on our only Frozen ride last Oct.

Bill From PA

Sorry, but there is a lot of inaccurate info on this thread.
(And, I don't understand why.)

There absolutely IS a "drop" on this attraction and its not at the 3:00 mark on that video.

the boat was plunged down into the "raging storm" around the sea-standing oil rig scene.

All of that said, it is not really enough to fret over, but it is enough that if a person
Thanks!

See, and I am more worried about the "small" drop, since it is backwards. I *hate* going backwards and I see that the backwards portion lasts almost a full minute. Eeeep.

first backwords one is like rolling down a driveway in a car. second one is like a mild snow tube down a little hill or a small hill in your car.

My wife and I thought it was quite a bit milder than the drop on Pirates, plus it's not dark like the Pirates drop is, you can see what's happening.

So sorry, you are correct there is a bigger one.
I remember it in Maelstrom and I did it on FEA, guess it really made no impression on me.
Post corrected.

Isn't the "track" exactly the same as Maelstrom? I haven't been on FEA yet, but if the track is the same, there really is nothing to fear here.

I, too, hate the drops, unfortunately! I miss so much of the fun attractions because of my fear. But, I try to suck it up for BTMR, 7DMT, Pirates and the Norway ride (haven't been on the new one). I try to breathe deeply and, right before the "fall", I take a deep breath and scream a little. I find it helps :laughing: I always regret getting on the ride before we get to the drop but then it's over and I'm glad I experienced it.

There's not even a harness so its not a big drop at all. I compare it to the little drop at Pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter