Driving and Breweries and the DIS megameet ... oh my! *new Aug 3rd ... just back - a quick review*

Part 9 - Monday, July 25th -Magic Kingdom and Podcast Taping

This day may wind up a bit hectic - and requires a little background ....

When we were planning this trip to Walt Disney World, one of Judi's cousins who was also going to be in the area thought it would be fun if their family came for one day. Ok, sounds good. And one day that worked for them was Monday the 25th which was the Podcast Taping. Judi and I didn't think the kids would really enjoy the taping so the plan all along was that I would go over alone. Originally this would be a "break from the parks" day, but since Judi's cousin could go this day we figured they could all hang out and I would just duck out for a bit for the taping.

And if you are only coming for one day then naturally Magic Kingdom would be the park to do, especially as that family has 2 young children - so MK is the plan for today, not the most convenient once it was announced the taping would be at the Cirque du Soliel theater at Disney Springs, but it is what it is. So our plans were put together planning for this to be an MK day and slotting in the other parks other days, etc.

Then her cousin got a look at the pricing for a one day and realized they could not justify the cost - so there went those plans. But with everything else set we decided it was easiest to just keep things as they are. So we decided to do morning in MK and then Judi and the kids would take a break and drive me over to Disney Springs.

Plan is to get to the park before opening (which is now 8am) to see the welcome show - which we have actually never seen! (I know, bad DISer) .. by the way, that usually happens about 15 minutes before park opening, right?

magic-kingdom-welcome-00.jpg

Plan is to head right to Peter Pan as we want to see the new queue (so didn't FP it this time) and try to get to what we can in Fantasyland - grabbing breakfast at some point (perhaps getting cinnamon rolls from Gaston's or go to Starbucks or something (unless other suggestions) and then we have had morning Fast Passes for:
- 7 Dwarfs Mine Train @ 8:45
- Big Thunder @ 10:05
- Splash Mountain @ 11:05

... and then they announced they want everyone to the theater by noon for checking credentials, etc. So I just moved the Splash Mountian FP to be the afternoon (3:55-4:55pm)

So after Big Thunder we will head out of the park and Judi will drop me at Disney Springs. I will grab something quick to eat (if time, perhaps check out Jock Lindsey's - if not, it looks like the Smokehouse and the Food Trucks are on the same side as the theater).

Then it is Podcast Taping time! Hopefully it is a good time - and should just be neat to be in a theater that big all with fans of the show! Hoping for a few surprises too! I will then see what time it is by the time the show ends. If time might look to grab a drink with people otherwise, I will just catch a bus back to Magic Kingdom
600-DIS-unplugged-logo.gif

Judi will take the kids back to Bonnet Creek and I think look to get lunch from the pool bar and rest and maybe swim.

They will head back to Magic Kingdom and if there in time look to catch the Festival of Fantasy Parade (which we have not yet seen! ... again, Bad DISer) and then we have that FP for Splash Mountain at 3:55. After that we will see what we can get a fourth Fast Pass for and just see what we can see - maybe try to catch the new Castle Show - Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire

For dinner we have a 6:45 ADR at Chef Mickey's ... this was one place I was able to get an ADR for a bit late in the game for 9 people when we thought Judi's cousin's family was coming. But we have never eaten there before (I'm a really bad DISer apparently) and with the rumors (at least at the time) that character meals might move up to 2 dining credits along with a substantial price increase for those paying out of pocket I sort of felt like this might be a good time to try it out. So this will be our evening break. I am hoping we all find some decent food and have good interaction with the characters - and, at the very least, it is something new for us.

Breakfast_Mickey.jpg

Afterwards we will see how we are doing and also see what we were able to accomplish the previous night. If we were up for staying for Wishes the previous night then we might call it an early night - if not, then this will be Wishes night and we will head back to MK at least until Wishes O'Clock and just see what else we can do.

Goals for today were largely do what we can in Fantasyland and Fronteirland - with our next MK day focuses on Adventureland and Tomorrowland ... but that is still a few days away as the next day is Animal Kingdom and a pre-park opening breakfast ADR!

TTFN

Actually, if you have any recommendations for getting ice cream or an ice cream cake that we could have at Emma's Birthday Party that would be really helpful!

Well this isn't probably a novelty for you as it is for me...but there's Coldstone Creamery...in Pompano Beach which isn't far :) and we don't have that in Canada so I always get it when we are there...

Well I am glad your plans ended up working our for the most part.

The podcast taping I will be watching live from home so I will try to spot you in the audience if they do any audience shots.

Overall it looks like a really fun day!

We then have a 9am breakfast ADR scheduled for Kona Cafe. We have never eaten breakfast here but I am very excited about it. I think I will want to try the Macadamia Nut pancakes and I suspect Judi will get the Tonga Toast - but item I am most definitely getting is the pressed pot coffee

blogger-image--619589732.jpg
Mmmmm, love Kona breakfast. I don't think you can go wrong with anything there.

After breakfast we need to head to the TTC as we are participating as a family in the New England DISers - Mega Meet Hunt:
"We all know Disney is about the details. Grab a team or have us put you into one! Meet old friends and new as we “hunt” around the Monorail searching for clues, answering trivia questions, performing DAFs (daring acts of fun) and lots and lots of laughing! Think you know Disney? Think you know all the fun nooks and crannies of the three monorail resorts? Join us to see!! We will meet on July 24th at 10 AM at the TTC. Show your pride with team colors, shirts, hats or just plain ‘ole enthusiasm! Can’t wait to see you!"
Sounds like fun! I think it will be cool to read about all the special events and meets in your TR (I don't even listen to the podcast, but still lots of new and different things I'm sure will be interesting!)

They will head back to Magic Kingdom and if there in time look to catch the Festival of Fantasy Parade (which we have not yet seen! ... again, Bad DISer)
Geez, Phil, between this and the welcome show...I think you need to go to WDW more often. :lmao:

For dinner we have a 6:45 ADR at Chef Mickey's ... this was one place I was able to get an ADR for a bit late in the game for 9 people when we thought Judi's cousin's family was coming. But we have never eaten there before (I'm a really bad DISer apparently)
Well, you're in good company on this one - we are finally planning our first meal at Chef Mickey's for December. It only took a dozen or so trips to get there. I hadn't heard that about the price increase - good to know!

Joining in! This trip looks epic. I used to drive to Florida every year for Easter with my parents when I was growing up (I live in NJ). We used to stop at different places along the way, but usually only for a night. As far as the drive- wearing pjs (or just comfy clothes) was a must for me. My parents used to give my brother and me dramamine because 1. it would help with car sickness and 2. we would sleep in the car for hours. One time I manged to sleep through the whole trip until we stopped for the night - lol.

Savannah is a great stop! It is a really pretty place.

This dis meets look awesome, I really wish I was able to go to them. I am sure you will have a blast!

All of your plans look fantastic!

I know Marie and I are hoping to snag that dessert party too, so you'll have to give us an idea of how it goes!

Your Monday does seem like it's going to be hectic but fun too. I'll be watching from home, wishing I could be there :P

Well this isn't probably a novelty for you as it is for me...but there's Coldstone Creamery...in Pompano Beach which isn't far :) and we don't have that in Canada so I always get it when we are there...

Nothing wrong with Coldstone and good to know that is an option! Thank you!

Well I am glad your plans ended up working our for the most part.

The podcast taping I will be watching live from home so I will try to spot you in the audience if they do any audience shots.

Overall it looks like a really fun day!

Thanks Ryan - I think also, just knowing nothing will ever work out 100% for a Disney trip but just do the best you can and I think it will be fine. Won't be able to really do any of the other mini-events but it is what it is

If you are watching, I'll be the one in a Disney related shirt ;) ... actually, assuming it comes in time, I ordered one of the MegaMeet t-shirts so hopefully will be wearing that

Mmmmm, love Kona breakfast. I don't think you can go wrong with anything there.

Sounds like fun! I think it will be cool to read about all the special events and meets in your TR (I don't even listen to the podcast, but still lots of new and different things I'm sure will be interesting!)

Geez, Phil, between this and the welcome show...I think you need to go to WDW more often. :lmao:

Well, you're in good company on this one - we are finally planning our first meal at Chef Mickey's for December. It only took a dozen or so trips to get there. I hadn't heard that about the price increase - good to know!

Clearly the issue has been not going to Disney World enough! ;)

Definitely will cover what we get to in my TR - there are a lot of other meet-ups that we won't be able to get to but hopefully we get to chat with the Podcast team some at various times

Not sure if the price increase is confirmed or not but they mentioned in on the podcast they were hearing pretty solid information that price increases of like 40% were coming ... so while Chef Mickey's was never something I felt we had to do, i my mind it was sort of now or never, so figured it would be good to try

I'm in! Just read the intro, but will be back to catch up!

Welcome! Definitely also welcome any thoughts you have from all of your experience!

Joining in! This trip looks epic. I used to drive to Florida every year for Easter with my parents when I was growing up (I live in NJ). We used to stop at different places along the way, but usually only for a night. As far as the drive- wearing pjs (or just comfy clothes) was a must for me. My parents used to give my brother and me dramamine because 1. it would help with car sickness and 2. we would sleep in the car for hours. One time I manged to sleep through the whole trip until we stopped for the night - lol.

Savannah is a great stop! It is a really pretty place.

This dis meets look awesome, I really wish I was able to go to them. I am sure you will have a blast!

Hopefully it turns out to be epic in a good way and not an epic disaster! ;)

We might pick up some dramamine just to have in case we need it - hoping the bracelet works

All of your plans look fantastic!

I know Marie and I are hoping to snag that dessert party too, so you'll have to give us an idea of how it goes!

Your Monday does seem like it's going to be hectic but fun too. I'll be watching from home, wishing I could be there :P

Thanks Amber!

I am really interested to see how the party works once the new set-up (with it being inside the Launch Bay) goes into effect on the 10th.

Hoping we don't push it too much on Monday - one reason I am hoping we get a get a bit done on MK Sunday afternoon is so we don't feel like we have to push it on Monday

The reason I want to get out so early is I really wanted to do a historic carriage tour and the latest one I can find in the day is 1pm (they have them in the evening but then they are Ghost tours). There are different companies so if anyone has a recommendation that would be great - currently we are signed up with Historic Savannah Carriage Tours - it is located near our hotel (the Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic) and they offer girl scout badges which I think Olivia would really like to get (she just moved from Daisies to Brownies)

Other than that, I think we will just rest and maybe use the pool at the hotel. For dinner, I am planning on Vic's by the River as that was suggested to me as a good place that is family friendly (but also open to other suggestions). If there is time I might try to hit up the Moon River Brewing Company, but that might be pushing my luck ;)

DH is very interested in going to Hilton Head in the next few years and one of the places we discussed visiting was Savannah. Looking forward to hearing about this part!

I want to then head into the Disney area and first stop at the Boardwalk to check in for the DIS Megameet and get our credentials, check out the silent auction items, and drop off any items Give Kids the World is requesting. That is open from 2pm to 5pm that day, so ideally will get there around 4:30 or so.

Very cool!

From there the plan is to head to the Polynesian, with a first stop at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto where I will try to contain myself and purchase less souvenir mugs than I did when we stopped at the Disneyland Location

Impossible. You bought pretty much every single mug there!

I know the burgers and shakes and onions rings are good here but if anyone has any specific suggestions definitely welcome it!

The Donut dessert!

I think I will want to try the Macadamia Nut pancakes and I suspect Judi will get the Tonga Toast - but item I am most definitely getting is the pressed pot coffee

Yes to ALL THREE! The coffee is just....:cloud9:

Hi Phil! This looks like a great trip. I love the idea of driving, but I'm a bit too far north to make it practical. I've heard good things about Bonnet Creek so I'm interested to find out about your experience there. By the way, I have never seen the welcome show either, so you're not the only one. :P
I am especially jealous that you'll be at the podcast meet because it seems like such an amazing experience. Hopefully you'll get to meet one of the podcasters. I was fortunate to meet Pete, Kathy, Teresa, and Dustin last year at the Nova Scotia DIS meet and they were all very nice. I would be great to meet some of the new members.

DH is very interested in going to Hilton Head in the next few years and one of the places we discussed visiting was Savannah. Looking forward to hearing about this part!

Very cool!

Impossible. You bought pretty much every single mug there!

The Donut dessert!

Yes to ALL THREE! The coffee is just....:cloud9:

We've never been to Hilton Head but I've heard good things - I'll try to cover as much as I can about Savannah - I am looking forward to stopping there even though we only have one day, hopefully we get to see a bit of it

Well, there are some mugs unique to the Grog Grotto - though I am already mentally talk myself out of the giant Nautilus one ;)

Hi Phil! This looks like a great trip. I love the idea of driving, but I'm a bit too far north to make it practical. I've heard good things about Bonnet Creek so I'm interested to find out about your experience there. By the way, I have never seen the welcome show either, so you're not the only one. :P
I am especially jealous that you'll be at the podcast meet because it seems like such an amazing experience. Hopefully you'll get to meet one of the podcasters. I was fortunate to meet Pete, Kathy, Teresa, and Dustin last year at the Nova Scotia DIS meet and they were all very nice. I would be great to meet some of the new members.

Well, not sure exactly how practical it is for us either, but hopefully it works out! Yeah, same here - only good things to say about Bonnet Creek ... I am looking forward to it

I've been to the Hershey meet twice and they have definitely been fun. I've spoke to Dustin and Ryno at them in the past, so hoping to chat with Ryno again and meet some additional cast members.

Part 10 - Tuesday, July 26th - Animal Kingdom
So a few updates to previous plans:
  • The Friday night fireworks viewing has become an official Meet-up event so we will participate in that with others from the DISboards (and hopefully a few team members)
  • I exchanged notes with Michael Bowling about format for the Connecting with Walt meet-up since I can't stay for it all and he said I of course could leave early but to keep in mind there would be a limit to the number of people who could register. When I saw how few I decided not to take up the spot of someone who could stay the whole time - but still hoping to go over right at the start time to say high and maybe get an autograph / pictures (hoping to print out a "poster" of the Connecting with Walt logo)

So Tuesday is another early morning for us as we have an 8:05 pre-park opening ADR at Tusker House. This has become one of our favorite meals as I love the variety of food (both traditional African items along with traditional American itesm ... plus jungle juice and Krispy Kreme donuts!). We have it booked with the Jungle Book dining package (I was one of those people crazily stalking for the Rivers of Light package to come out and then shift gears for the alternate show. I know the show hasn't gotten great reviews but I still want to check it out as it is new and at least now we know what to expect (more of a dancing show) and where to sit (closest to to the middle divide, about midway up) we should enjoy it well enough. Plus we would do the breakfast here anyway so figured might as well add in the dining package as not much more $ and then we won't have to wait on line as long to get into the theater/have a better view.

abcde81.jpg
Tusker+House+2.jpg

I plan to use some advice I have read on here to pay the bill as soon as you sit down so then you can leave as soon as you are ready, as we want to head out a bit before 9 to head to the Safari and ride it sandby, hopefully with a short line. Hoping we can finish that it time to make the 10am showing of Festival of the Lion King

After that we have FP for Expedition Everest (10:30-11:30am) and Kali River Rapids (11:35am - 12:35pm). Kali is one of Olivia's favorites and Peter is tall enough to ride for the first time (in forever). Emma will have to be content with getting soaked in that water area they have near the exit of Kali - as has become a bit of a tradition among my kids

kali-river-rapids-flags.jpg

If there is time in-between the too I'd like to do the Mickey and Minnie meet at the Adventure's Outpost - otherwise will try for later.

Plan for lunch is to check out the Harambe Market as that is new to us since our last trip. There seems to be some good sounding options there - I want to try the Beef and Pork Sausage and also the ribs but some of the chicken options sound good too. They have the ribs as an option for the kids meal as well which my kids tend to like. Definitely welcome any recommendations!

Animal-Kingdom-Harambe-Market-107-600x352.jpg

After lunch we will look to head out for our mid-day break for some swimming any/or just resting. Depending on how we are feeling and time, etc. we might stop at the bone-yard to let the kids burn off some energy - otherwise we will look to do that later

We will look to get back around 4/4:30pm. I am really excited to get to experience Animal Kingdom at night!

At this time we will see what we haven't done yet (Boneyard, meet Mickey & Minnie, maybe go to Rafiki's Planet watch, etc.) and if a time works out, maybe check out the Nemo Show

For dinner, the plan is to check out the Nomad Lounge at Tiffins. The main dining area looks really nice but just cost wise couldn't fit it in for the trip, but the lounge sounds really neat - plus I have read some people have brought food from other locations so we could bring in some pizza or something for the kids if they aren't feeling adventurous at that time. I know I want to try the Fish Balls and the butter Chicken Wings, but a lot on the menu sounds good! A lot of the special drinks sound good too - if anyone has any recommendations that would be great! I also want to try the beer flight or at least just the Kungaloosh beer!

TWOP48073.jpg

Food wise the other thing we want to get at some point is the Dole Whip with rum from the Tamu Tamu Refreshments

16650297092_d1b86a965c_z.jpg

We have a FP for the Night Time Safari @ 7:45. I've read the best time to go is right around real sunset - which should be about 8:20 that day. Then we have to skedadle over to the Jungle Book show as our dining package covers the early show which is at 9pm. Hopefully we enjoy it!

After that, the one thing we want to do is ride Expidition Everest at night ... from what I have read the lines aren't too bad right after the show - so that will be our plan. We will want to check out the Tree of Life Awakenings - not sure the best times to see this though I think right towards park closing they do a "bigger" show - so might target for that one.

Should be a pretty full day but just the one park so not too crazy. Coming next is actually my favorite park which we have not gotten to yet - EPCOT!

TTFN

Part 11 - Wednesday, July 27th - EPCOT

We finally come to our day where we will visit my favorite park, EPCOT, and also the part of the trip that provided much of the stress - Frozen Ever After

We will be up early once again as we have another pre-park opening ADR (8:15am), this time at Akershus. This is actually one of our favorite meals as we like the food from the buffet area, and we've had good experience with Princess Interaction in the past here ... plus the cheesy potatoes which are ~63.34% of the reason we book this breakfast.

dining_location_image_49.jpg
Akershus-Hot-Items.jpg

We will do the same technique as asking for the bill as soon as we can so not have to worry about that after we are done eating. We will check out the standby line for Frozen Ever After once we are done, but I suspect it will be pretty long by then. I was able to get a FP for it for the afternoon (with being only able to book 30 days out I'll take what I can get) but am nervous if it breaks down what waits will be like by that point even in the FP line - so if it isn't crazy we may look to ride it SB first. Then we will go to the Anna & Elsa meet and greet and if the line is already long we will just go straight to the meet and greet

royal-sommerhus-anna-esla-meet-greet-044.jpg

Then we will head back towards Future World. Depending on how we are doing with time we might stop for a ride on the Mexico It's a Small World otherwise we will target that for later.

We then have FP for the Character Spot at 10:10-11:10am. At this point we have some flexibility based on what we got done in the morning/how we are doing on time and what we feel like for lunch (I know, the color-coded spreadsheets I use would not indicate I am a big fan of flexibility). If we have not yet done the boat ride in Mexico and feel like Mexican for lunch we will head back to that Pavilion and then eat at the quick service there. If not we will head to The Land and look to ride Living with the Land and eat at Sunshine Seasons.

845f937360fe6bc76b36be91a4b97b38.jpg
vs
93d4a219a476e61476d6099dacdb99b2.jpg

If we are really doing good on time we can go explore the Seas and do the Nemo ride and Turtle Talk with Crush before lunch.

After lunch we have a FP for Spaceship Earth at 12:40 - 1:40pm and we will ride that on our way out for our mid-day break for rest and/or swimming.

We will look to be back by 4:30 as we have our FP for Frozen Ever After at 4:40 - 5:40pm .

Frozen-Ever-After-580-1.jpg
(only seen concept art, trying to keep it somewhat of a surprise)

Then will will likely just wander around World Showcase and pick up a snack or two on the way (likely will check for what is available for a 4th FP)

Then we have an ADR at 7:45pm at Spice Road Table. This is new to us and I am really looking forward to trying it - and the plan is to get there a bit early and request an outside table - ideally waterside as we will stay here and watch Illuminations from here. My understanding is that it isn't the best view as some trees from one of the islands blocks your view a bit - but I think it will be nice to check it out from a slightly different point of view- and while sitting and eating dessert, perhaps with an adult beverage as well.

Spice-Road-Table-Terrace-Seating-2-600x400.jpg
spice-road-table-menu-478x625.jpg

Illuminations from Spice Road Table.jpg

After which we will head out - we have another Magic Kingdom day coming up!

TTFN

And this is why I love WDW vacations....the chess-game planning!! When we do other vacations, I don't have the hours of planning to look forward to. Fortunately my DH hates planning vacations, and would rather just be told what to do, and I am happy to oblige.

We have been to Chef Mickey's for Brunch, back in January. I have always read mixed reviews, but we loved it! I am a fan of the Fab 5 so that to me was a lot more fun than a Princess "face character" meal.

I am glad you were able to get Frozen FPs just 30 days out! At this point, if the wait for a ride is over 30 minutes, I am not going to do it. My line-attention span is too short! So that will mean I will not do the Frozen ride in September if I can't get a FP for it. We will have 60 days though, so now I am optimistic I will be able to snag two!

OK - I'm back.

We weren't necessarily planning on a trip to Disney World this year - and certainly not in the heat of July - but then the DIS Unplugged team announced they were going to do a Mega Meet to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the podcast and that seemed like a good excuse.

When they first announced this and we started considering the trip I took a quick look at exchange possibilities for our time share and saw they had a 2 bedroom available at Whyndham Bonnet Creek that would cover the time needed. As we always wanted to try staying there we decided to book it and thus our summer vacation plans were set.

We then found out that some relatives from Judi's side would be down in Florida staying at the beach near Boca Raton where she has other family and we thought we would spend a few days there as well.

Don't you just love when plans work out like that? It's clearly meant to be :)

... and target those breaks to be around craft breweries I'd like to visit ;)

How convenient! :rotfl:

Also, any tips people have for long road trips with little kids will be greatly appreciated!

I don't have a lot of practical experience, but the last time we road tripped with little ones we would show them Disney movies when they were getting antsy. It would buy at least 90 minutes of quiet time.

I really wanted to do a historic carriage tour and the latest one I can find in the day is 1pm (they have them in the evening but then they are Ghost tours).

Both of those sound great but the Ghost tours may not be best for the little ones!

Once Friday, July 22nd comes, we will head out after breakfast or so. Not a huge rush but want to allow time to get to The Disney World area by around noon - we are staying at Whyndham Bonnet Creek, and I am pretty excited about it. It's offsite but the location is great and they have an extensive pool area which I think we should utilize quite a bit as we plan to take mid-afternoon breaks often given the July Florida heat/sun

Always been intrigued by Bonnet Creek, looking forward to your review.

Once there, the plan is to actually first head to Disney Springs - we haven't been here in years (avoided it while under heave constructions) so I am excited and interested to check it out

Oh man, it's so much nicer.

We have a 2pm ADR at Morimoto's Asia as we were thinking to first check out Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for drinks and apps, but reviews I am reading are saying the drinks are good but food isn't great. So I am thinking of moving the lunch ADR to more like 1pm and then just get a coctail at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and move on to lunch. At lunch I know I want to try the duck and I am sure we will get some sushi but if anyone has other recommendations please let me know!

Morimoto's is great! Mom and I went earlier this year for lunch. She had the Dim Sum (Shrimp maybe) and she loved it. I was really surprised because I was pretty sure she didn't know what Dim Sum was haha. It was different then the Dim Sum that you probably ate in Hong Kong, but good. I had Pad Thai, which was pretty good but not much better than anything I could get here in Nashville. I really want to try the duck - maybe next time!

I am pretty excited about this and actually glad they moved the actual party part inside the Launch Bay and then we just walk out to the roped off area 15 minutes before the show starts. I thought this would be fun to do and worth the cost as it appears having a good location is really important to be able to see all the projections and this way we don't have to wait like an hour for a great spot.

That sounds like a great setup!

We then have a 9am breakfast ADR scheduled for Kona Cafe. We have never eaten breakfast here but I am very excited about it. I think I will want to try the Macadamia Nut pancakes and I suspect Judi will get the Tonga Toast - but item I am most definitely getting is the pressed pot coffee

Love Kona breakfast. I can personally vouch for the Tonga Toast and French Press coffee ... yum!

"We all know Disney is about the details. Grab a team or have us put you into one! Meet old friends and new as we “hunt” around the Monorail searching for clues, answering trivia questions, performing DAFs (daring acts of fun) and lots and lots of laughing! Think you know Disney? Think you know all the fun nooks and crannies of the three monorail resorts? Join us to see!! We will meet on July 24th at 10 AM at the TTC. Show your pride with team colors, shirts, hats or just plain ‘ole enthusiasm! Can’t wait to see you!"

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Frozen-Ever-After-580-1.jpg
(only seen concept art, trying to keep it somewhat of a surprise)

Me too, also trying to avoid Soarin Around the World spoilers as well. May just schedule a quick weekend trip soon to see all the new stuff!

You guys are leaving soon - how exciting! The trip looks very relaxing, especially with everything you're getting to do. Enjoy it!

Did I miss what Brewery you're going to in Ashville? I've heard a lot of good things about Wicked Weed.

I haven't read anything yet - but I'm subscribing and following along! Comments soon :)

Glad to have you here John!

OK - I'm back.

Don't you just love when plans work out like that? It's clearly meant to be :)

How convenient! :rotfl:

It did feel like everything worked out - and so fast that it was like we didn't even have time to second guess anything!

Hey, if you gotta stop anyway ... ;)

I don't have a lot of practical experience, but the last time we road tripped with little ones we would show them Disney movies when they were getting antsy. It would buy at least 90 minutes of quiet time.

Both of those sound great but the Ghost tours may not be best for the little ones!

Always been intrigued by Bonnet Creek, looking forward to your review.

Oh man, it's so much nicer.

Morimoto's is great! Mom and I went earlier this year for lunch. She had the Dim Sum (Shrimp maybe) and she loved it. I was really surprised because I was pretty sure she didn't know what Dim Sum was haha. It was different then the Dim Sum that you probably ate in Hong Kong, but good. I had Pad Thai, which was pretty good but not much better than anything I could get here in Nashville. I really want to try the duck - maybe next time!

yeah, I think if it was just Judi and I the Ghost tour would be great, but with the kids the regular one I think is better ... so since 1pm is the last regular tour we need to make sure we get to Savannah early - and thus on the road early that day!

Glad to hear that about Morimoto's - I am really looking forward to it!

That sounds like a great setup!

Love Kona breakfast. I can personally vouch for the Tonga Toast and French Press coffee ... yum!

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Me too, also trying to avoid Soarin Around the World spoilers as well. May just schedule a quick weekend trip soon to see all the new stuff!

The first of the dessert parties with the new setups is tonight so I am really looking forward to hearing how it goes. Seems like it will be that you can go in and out to go to the character meets as well which should be cool

I have watched the stuff unique to Shanghai Disney since I figure I will never get there (though I thought th same thing about Hong Kong Disney) but the stuff that we will get to see this summer I have avoided

You guys are leaving soon - how exciting! The trip looks very relaxing, especially with everything you're getting to do. Enjoy it!

Did I miss what Brewery you're going to in Ashville? I've heard a lot of good things about Wicked Weed.

Yeah, we actually head out this coming Thursday evening - I think it hit us this weekend that we had a lot to prep still so spent a lot of time packing and just making lists and running errands, etc.

I hadn't covered the stops on the way home yet but as a spoiler we already have booked a tour at the Wicked Weed Funkatourium - that was definitely the main reason to include Ashville and the #1 Brewery I want to hit. We are also going to stop at the Oscar Blues location they have near there.

Thanks for all the comments!

And this is why I love WDW vacations....the chess-game planning!! When we do other vacations, I don't have the hours of planning to look forward to. Fortunately my DH hates planning vacations, and would rather just be told what to do, and I am happy to oblige.

We have been to Chef Mickey's for Brunch, back in January. I have always read mixed reviews, but we loved it! I am a fan of the Fab 5 so that to me was a lot more fun than a Princess "face character" meal.

I am glad you were able to get Frozen FPs just 30 days out! At this point, if the wait for a ride is over 30 minutes, I am not going to do it. My line-attention span is too short! So that will mean I will not do the Frozen ride in September if I can't get a FP for it. We will have 60 days though, so now I am optimistic I will be able to snag two!

I do love the planning - though it can get annoying when Disney wants you to plan everything 6 months out (or at least ADRs can be made that far out) but then they don't release everything or change park hours, etc. with much less notice. Oh well, total first world problems

Glad to hear you loved Chef Mickey's. At the very least I figure good chance to meet the Fab 5 and the kids should like the napkin twirling and stuff like that

And just to add, for our second EPCOT day we could have gotten Frozen FP as well (around the same time) - but wanted to hit up Soarin' and they are both Tier 1. From what I have read it hasn't been too bad getting FP for it so I think you should be fine but definitely understand stressing about it. Normally we wouldn't wait more than 30 mins for anything either but not sure when we will next be back at WDW so I think for this one we would be willing to wait a bit more ... not 5 hours or anything but maybe up to 1 hour

Love reading your plans - getting me excited for our trip, since we have some of the same/similar things planned. We are tentatively doing Spice Road for Illuminations our first night (before Lauren arrives the next day). Haven't been there yet. Also have our first Chef Mickey's planned. We have Tiffins dinner, but that Nomad Lounge looks like a nice option too. Can't wait to hear all about how these things are for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter