Drinks allowed past security

clawmachine

DIS Veteran
I have read the official rules and know that drinks can be brought into the park, but I am wondering what types of drinks in particular are allowed and if my situation will cause a hassle. I was planning on bringing opaque-ish, pre-filled, re-usable water bottles for my family. This worked well when we went a few years ago - none of us mind the water fountain water for easy refills. However, this year, I have been drinking raw apple cider vinegar diluted in water throughout each day for various health reasons. I cannot take the pills and the liquid concoction truly helps me, as strange as it sounds. I don't know what to do though - I'm thinking that surely a brownish colored liquid in a water bottle would get flagged for alcohol at the gates, correct? I guess I can do without it for a couple of days, but just wondering if my worries are even warranted. thanks!

If they question you, just explain what it is.

And, I'd use bottles that are not clear or nearly so.

thank you - so do they generally open all bottles and smell the liquid, like they often do at cruise ship security?

sounds like I am worrying for nothing! It occurred to me that many parents probably bring in their own apple juice too, so that is basically the same color. :)

someone was carrying around a 2 1/2 gallon water bottle filled with blue liquid (it was bubbles)...

Lots of dietary needs that might include food that is in a liquid form, you may get asked about it but you should have no issues getting it in. brown liquid in a bottle that says coke doesn't mean it's coke and they let that in.

someone was carrying around a 2 1/2 gallon water bottle filled with blue liquid (it was bubbles)...

Lots of dietary needs that might include food that is in a liquid form, you may get asked about it but you should have no issues getting it in. brown liquid in a bottle that says coke doesn't mean it's coke and they let that in.
ah - very true! I'm just a perpetual rule follower and don't think of this angle sometimes!

People bring soda, coffee & such into the parks in their refillable mugs all the time. I don't think I've ever seen a CM ask someone to open their mug so that they can see what's inside. I think you will be okay!

People bring soda, coffee & such into the parks in their refillable mugs all the time. I don't think I've ever seen a CM ask someone to open their mug so that they can see what's inside. I think you will be okay!

The thing though is that a mug isn't see-through. The OP is concerned that since they'll be carrying a liquid that looks like alcohol in a water bottle, which is see-through, that that will cause a problem.

The thing though is that a mug isn't see-through. The OP is concerned that since they'll be carrying a liquid that looks like alcohol in a water bottle, which is see-through, that that will cause a problem.
OP said their bottles are opaque. If they're not, I'd just use bottles that are.

I think you will be fine. On our last trip, I got DS9 a non-alcoholic Moroccorita before we exited at the IG in EP. I was carrying it on our way out and the CM at the gate asked me if there was alcohol in it. I told her it was the non-alcoholic version and she passed me through. I really don't think they will hassle you over your bottle.

sounds like I am worrying for nothing! It occurred to me that many parents probably bring in their own apple juice too, so that is basically the same color. :)
Yeah, you are. They won't give it a second thought. And if they did, you just tell them what it is. They won't deny you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter