Dreams Came True! Hearts Soared! WE Became Part of the Magic!-COMPLETED. 5/19 NEW TR LINK

I'm glad Morimoto was good AND cheaper than you expected!

Your MK day is sounding lovely so far :) Nice and relaxing!

super cute video and love how it reflects how you all do the parks with tons of parades and shows and just enjoying being there! also, that first song went perfectly!

Side note: I am currently in Hong Kong and stopped by Hong Kong Disneyland and I think you would love their version of Festival of the Lion Kind - the stage they have is super cool and the performers where mostly very good!

Your meal at Morimoto's looks awesome and yeah! for coming in cheaper than expected!

I'm glad Morimoto was good AND cheaper than you expected!

Your MK day is sounding lovely so far :) Nice and relaxing!
It was fantastic! I highly suggest trying it if you haven't!
It really was, a nice relaxing way to officially start our vacation with all of us!

super cute video and love how it reflects how you all do the parks with tons of parades and shows and just enjoying being there! also, that first song went perfectly!
Side note: I am currently in Hong Kong and stopped by Hong Kong Disneyland and I think you would love their version of Festival of the Lion Kind - the stage they have is super cool and the performers where mostly very good!
Your meal at Morimoto's looks awesome and yeah! for coming in cheaper than expected!

Bahahah, yeah, I had wanted to make a video from the start, so I had been videoing a bit of stuff but I never end up with enough, so we sent all we had to Kara who had tons of performance stuff for her to put it together!
I'm SUPER hesitant about HKDL's FOLK, just because it is so different, obviously I'm still going to check it out, and am excited, but I'm not sure what I'll think. I have watched the Wonderous Book on youtube and THAT is something I will be seeing multiple times. Overall I'm just really excited to experience HK
It was great!!

We’d just finished up a heavy dance workout, and had a fast pass for the lovely Mine Train. Becky said she’d wait for us over by the castle walls, and we split ways…for a matter of about 30 seconds…mine train was DOWN! Wah!

So close.

All that dancing had us worked up a bit of an appetite, but lines were pretty long everywhere due to it being just after prime lunch hour, so we headed to one of our favorite spots in Liberty Square and picked up some baked potatoes!

10399057_10156748403480647_8491451636004043161_n.jpg

These potatoes, let me tell you, SUCH a nice save when you’re in the parks, and want something more than a pretzel, but less than a big meal, they fill you up and we can pretend they’re healthy, bahaha! They USED to have baked sweet potatoes here too, SAD days when they took those away, that’s for sure. Someone had suggested watching Dream Along from up close while we ate our lunch, so it was over to the castle once again!

Untitled by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Donald was NOT having it today, bahaha.

We really all decided that we really are going to miss this show. It’s just been such a standard part of Disney life for SO LONG that it’s going to be weird to be hanging out in the hub or crossing through the hub and NOT hear it going on! (next pictures are all Kara’s)

1509782_10156725855200360_369400655778049207_n.jpg

10736_10156725855285360_3387078721502126079_n.jpg

Now…here is where I FAIL HARDCORE as a trip reporter, heck, I’ve been failing myself and my previous TR’s pretty much this entire time. My notes are not great, and we don’t have a lot of photos. MOST of this trip ended up being documented via Snap Chat, and I didn’t save nearly enough of everyone’s snaps to get everything I needed.

I’m going to use pure memory & thank god for Photopass site having all the times listed on the site! I apologize for the not so detailed portion from now on. But, here goes nothing!

It was Fof time after that, so it was back to Frontierland to claim our usual spot, check out the pin store for anything new, and await our favorite part of the day.

(next photos, credit goes to Kara!)

10341550_10156725855955360_1152956664811043065_n.jpg

Rapunzel was SUPER excited to see us, I later found out she had no clue we were even in the country, much less back in Disney, so it was a COMPLETE surprise to see us that day, and it made her super happy!

12821595_10156725856510360_4338505704553637354_n.jpg

We did the double Fof as per usual, I mean, what better way to make sure you see things as many times as possible right?!

Hey guys! So as a little bit of a life update, I'm going to try to keep this TR moving faster than normal, as I'm moving to Vancouver next week, and a day after that, is when Kara, Abby & I are off to Disneyand, I wanted this to be wrapped up before that AND it's all typed up & saved on my Mom's desktop, which I won't have after I move! Sorry if things are getting too quick! Lol.

Thank you so much for reading!!!

ETA! IM WORKING ON FIXING THE PHOTOS!!

The rest of our afternoon wasn’t too eventful! We knew we had Fairytale Hall fast passes to get to, but made sure to stop on a not so crowded Main Street to get some group photopass pics!

444_10156914316610647_1438025221593659068_n.jpg

12717975_10156914315810647_4651828678261268188_n.jpg

The magic shots are some of our favorites from the trip!

I’m not sure if I mentioned it, but since you can see my button pretty clearly in that last photo, Abby got us ones that say “My best friends are princesses” from Park Bound Buttons! They’re super cute, she has a handful of other ones, and picked one up for me that says “I’m here for the food” with Meeko on it, that I meant to wear when we went to Hoop, but totally forgot!

We were quick into Fairytale Hall with our FPs, and judging by our faces, it was about the same experience for all of us, bahahha!

I do remember Rapunzel being much better, super cute and chatty, but I will admit that we usually engage her more since she’s an all around favorite of ours!

12919638_10156914322295647_1464992818538673900_n.jpg

Pearl & Abby stuck around for some solo shots with the Lost Princesses

11143655_10156914333570647_695856499881593572_o.jpg

12890865_10156914329885647_1013957540385411612_o.jpg

According to the time stamps on the photos there was nearly 20 minutes before our next picture, but really who knows what happened at that point. We browsed through the exit shop, maybe took a bathroom/water break, and then headed over to use our fp we couldn’t use earlier, while Becky waited over by the exit!

12891035_10156914322220647_7319748632424196138_o.jpg

I don’t care what people say, I honestly really like this ride. I can’t say I’d ever wait in a standby line over 20 minutes for it, but that holds true for ANY ride in a US park. I love the animatronics in Mine Train, I think they’re beautiful and the ride is a nice family friendly coaster for all to enjoy. Then again, I’m the kid who would have been TERRIFIED of the Barnstormer up until I was 20…and didn’t even do Big Thunder til my like, 3rd trip (and I was 21 my first Disney trip, bahaha)

In the next hour or so, Imma pretend that we went on the Little Mermaid ride, and most definitely checked out the people mover. I know we spent some time in the Tomorrowland gift shop looking at all the phone cases you could customize! I knew I wanted the Flynn Rider one, and said I’d come back for it. Kara was all about the Kylo Ren ones, but couldn’t pick just one.

THEN, it was time for some Fast Passes to FLY THROUGH SPACE!

12417523_10156914433380647_7482067857051487086_n.jpg

We were princesses. Abby was in the next rocket and I didn’t download her ride photo…sorry Abby…

It was nearing 5:30 at this point, and we were all ABSOLUTELY STARVING and getting TIRED! And the girls had the marathon to run EARLY the next morning! We had plans to stay til after the last MiSi since Gene was going to join us for dinner, but the others said they couldn’t wait. I felt super bad, since it would only be about 45 mins til he could clock out, but it was eat now or never kinda thing. Those potatoes from lunch only did their job for so long. I texted Gene and let him know what was up, and we made our way out.

Our plan for tonight had originally been a reservation over at 1900 Park Faire, but because of the budget issues, we opted to cancel it and head over to Sweet Tomatoes! It’s an (90%) vegetarian buffet over near Crossroads (which is super close to housing) it’s SUPER cheap, and they give discounts for CMs, so dinner was like, $10 not even. You enter and go through a salad bar, where we all loaded up, and then paid, got a drink, and went through the hot buffet to load up on legit everything, we were STARVING.

12744344_10156748403370647_5002240436630318070_n.jpg

#eattowin right?! Bahahaha. We didn’t eat it all, and once we were getting to the “done” point (there’s also desserts, and make your own sundaes) we were all EXHAUSTED, and SO FULL! I got up to go to the bathroom at one point, and saw Gene! He’d gotten the idea of sweet Tomatoes in his head so a friend & him had come anyways. Turns out they’d gotten there not too long after we had, so we could’ve just told him to meet us there anyways!

After dinner, Becky had some errands to run, so she headed off, and we took an Uber back to the hotel. I’m pretty sure we just relaxed, spent some time on social media, I probably edited/uploaded some photos from the day and we called it an early, food coma induced night.

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited:
Hey folks! Happy FRIYAY!!!! SO close to me moving, and so close to DISNEYLAND! I'll be sure to link that TR here when it starts. Sorry this is moving so fast, and SO SORRY I haven't been keeping up with reading all of your TRs, I find this new Dis system to still be confusing to find all the TR's I'm reading!!
Thanks for reading,don't miss the last update right above!!!!

The girls all started their morning VERY early, I woke up quite a few times as they were getting ready due to not being as fully asleep as the previous morning, but it wasn’t a big deal. I started my morning around 7:00am, which was about an hour later than I had planned, or than my fp’s had planned, #whoops. Just too sleepy! I ate in the room/on the way to the bus, and managed to get to DAK around 9:05, which meant the park had already been open for an hour!

My original plan had been to get there for 8:00am opening, and do another photography morning and use my fp to ride Everest (if I’d even need it) and then meet Becky for Lion King. My plan quickly diverted to, get a delicious Starbucks drink and head straight to Harambe. I thought I’d have a bit of time, but the crowds were showing as there was already a small line for FOTLK around 9:20, WEIRD! Usually there wasn’t anyone around that close to the first show, but I guess having the park open earlier was effecting it too. I jumped in line right away knowing that Brandon was in the first show, and what else was I to do?! Bahaha

I did my best with photos. My goal for my next few trips is to practice more between vacations so I’m actually bettering myself. In the past I’d always shot FOLK with my zoom lens, but right before our program ended I got a super wide aperture 50mm lens, but it was a knockoff brand that didn’t work fantastically. Over Christmas I bought an actual Canon one that went even lower in aperture, and was excited to use it, but was pretty out of practice!

Right before the show started Becky texted me to let me know she was in the park! I told her I was already in the show, so she jumped in line for the next one! When the show ended I ran around the theater and squeezed my way up to her in the line for round 2!

That one’s my favorite from the day. We were seated in the first non VIP row for this show, which was awesome, and it was also awesome to see the interaction with the VIP bench. They were clearly people who worked on the show (not in it, but like, crew, or past cast or something) as everyone seemed to know them, and Zawadi was literally GIVING IT HER ALL. There was SO MUCH FLAILING and “OH MY GOD”’s from Becky & I! I wish I’d video’d it. The woman in VIP gave them a standing ovation, which was MORE than well deserved.

I’m sure that if you’re past TR readers of mine you know my love for this show, but just in case anyone here’s new, or hasn’t seen the show, GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW. Seriously. There is NOTHING like it on property, nothing moves me to tears every single time but this, NOTHING has the complete awe, love, admiration, and makes me want to be part of the magic more than this show. It was FOLK that sparked my “need” to be part of the entertainment family. I’ve always loved Lion King, and the show is SO WONDERFUL. It starts out high energy, then gets a little mysterious, and then BAM there’s stuff coming from all sides, you’re legitimately SURROUNDED by the show and it’s just like, sensory OVERLOAD. THEN there’s the talk of the TALENT in that room, seriously, I’ve never not been impressed. Dancing, tumbling, singing, fire acrobatics, everything is beyond incredible, and it will ALWAYS be my favorite show on property. (sorry hoop)

Becky definitely has a love for it as well, we talked a lot today about how we wished we’d had more time together on our program lapover as we love all the same stuff, and easily could have spent a week in Harambe theater alone. That being said, when the show ended, we looked at each other and said “what now?” and obviously the answer was to hop right back around and WATCH IT AGAIN!

After our second/my third viewing of FOLK, I got a text saying that the others were here! They’d finished their marathon and were just using their Everest fast passes before they were gonna meet up with us. (for some reason I’m remembering Everest being down, but I might be imagining that)

Naturally, we were all pretty hungry when we met up, and agreed that it was time for a snack at least. I’d wanted to check out the new bar/QS place where EE’s fast pass used to be, so we headed back that way to explore a different side of the park. The options all sounded pretty good, Abby & I both got the shrimp with mango/fruit strip salad.

12734064_10156748401180647_7633440522356725069_n.jpg

It was super delicious! We took a seat over on the steps near Everest’s gift shop to eat, relax and catch up about the race.

12718293_10156636407130360_7868203293501706738_n by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Kara was half Ariel, half Melody! Abby was Rapunzel, naturally, and Pearl also did an Ariel costume.

12705493_10156636407230360_8843405632339031902_n by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

12715650_10156636407390360_366726330469429685_n by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

12715592_10156741569835727_423132638805877063_n by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

ALL THE MEDALS!

Back to Dak…we played around with our Lion King tsum tsums a bit too…

12745530_10156748401175647_2493332620968118524_n.jpg

And I got a like, 5 second play of DAK photography, bahahah.

I do wish I’d played around more but we really didn’t spend enough time in DAK for me to really play around. It’s definitely a goal of future trips, more pictures, and for a future program: more photography in other places, resorts, etc.

One of my big things I’d wanted to do at DAK was make it out to Rafiki’s Planet Watch, to see the goats, and hopefully the new aardvark! We skipped our way over to the train, and when we were seated, Becky couldn’t stop laughing at us, since we were all sitting there, with our Tsum Tsums on our laps facing out so they could watch all the scenery go by….bahahha!

We arrived at the station and wandered our way through the indoor stuff, where we saw & petted an animal that I’m like 98% sure was the aardvark but I honestly don’t know, lol. From there we jumped right into the petting zoo!

I friggin LOVE goats. Seriously. I like derpy animals…and goats are like, the ultimate of derp…

There were also a couple of pigs around, which are another one of my favorite animals, but they were busy sleeping.

Kara & I also took a selfie with a goat, because why not!?

12745514_10156748401015647_5820673333502444907_n.jpg

Our goat needs satisfied, we exited the petting zoo and headed back to the train and the village.

It might have been now that the girls used their fp? Or tried to? I honestly don’t really remember. But, we obviously made a trip back into FOLK for another viewing since they’d missed it earlier! This time we shared the experience with our Lion King Tsum Tsums!

1455074_10156725878310360_1026204642110477455_n.jpg

1388_10156748400895647_2007393994473730236_n.jpg

Next one’s are all Karas!

12814732_10156725868030360_3466813094634905089_n.jpg

12814785_10156725868160360_6950633206793731874_n.jpg

9149_10156725868280360_6714585384073845584_n.jpg

Her photos are definitely better than mine! Lol. It was also super nice to see the show this many times because we got to see the cast switch out so often. I’m again, like 90% sure that all 5 of us watched it a second time, but I honestly can’t remember. During/before one of the shows, I was texting our friend Kensley! She’s a performer we’d met through Trolley, and when I’d messaged her to ask her schedule/when we might see her in the parks we found out she was in rehearsal all week! BOO! However, she said she’d come out after to come hangout with us today, so we made a plan to meet outside the Tusker House lounge area to hang out for a while.

I grabbed a beer from the bar and we just hung around until I saw Kensley walking up and there was lots of running and hugs & super excitement from her, Kara & I!

12524114_10156748401035647_3365073163977343472_n.jpg

We introduced her to everyone else and spent some time catching up. Talking about our time since the program, and our trip so far. She’d been in rehearsals for FOLK, (which is SUPER exciting) so we chatted about that too. She asked us a bunch of questions about Canada, talking about how all of us are from so far apart in the country and such. Kensley also mentioned that her & her boyfriend had both been considering cruise line contracts performing and there was a stop in Canada with, lol. Her boyfriend’s one of the dancers in Dream Along so we chatted a bit about the show closing and found out that the dancers in it were not being offered contracts with the new show. It had freaked them out a bit since it was a rather quick “hey, we’re closing in April, bye” kinda thing, but Abram was lucky enough to be cast in the new Rivers of Light show! Thank goodness!

We spent a good chunk of time sitting there, like a solid couple of hours, and it was just super nice! The 3 who had ran that morning were super in love with it because they were tired, and it was a nice way to spend an afternoon, and none of us felt like we were missing anything either! We were super happy to be able to spend some time with Kensley too, she’s just SUCH an incredible, nice, amazing, and wonderful caring person. I’m so thankful every day that Trolley brought her into our lives and that she’s still such a big part of it. It was weird not to see her in Trolley or FoF at all this trip, but we’re so proud of her for being approved in Lion King, and can’t wait to see her in it! (Becky’s seen her in it, and I’m super happy she got to before Becky’s program was over!)

To end it all off we took a selfie,

12742779_10156748400980647_56688022824091040_n.jpg

And then started to make our way out of the park; Becky was off adventuring/running errands or something, Kensley was headed home after a long day, and we were off to dinner reservations! We split our ways, said goodbye to Kensley with some extra hugs, and made our way back to the Magic Kingdom.

FOTLK really is awesome and love how it really surrounds you at times

Glad you got to meet up with Kensley - it is amazing how Fisney can bring people together who never would have met otherwise

Glad her boyfriend got a role in Rivers of Light - hope all is ok with that being delayed

Cute PP and princess pics!

Wow thats a lot of food- especially for the price!

Triple FOTLK- nice! Love the pics.

I love your animal themed outfits this day- so cute!

Best of luck on your move!

FOTLK really is awesome and love how it really surrounds you at times

Glad you got to meet up with Kensley - it is amazing how Fisney can bring people together who never would have met otherwise

Glad her boyfriend got a role in Rivers of Light - hope all is ok with that being delayed

It totally is!!! We had a great time hanging with Kensley, I'm so glad she was able to come over after rehearsals!!
I think things are still doing good, I'm sure they were paid for rehearsals & some of the stuff that may not be completely ready yet may be stuff performers are involved with as well.

Cute PP and princess pics!

Wow thats a lot of food- especially for the price!

Triple FOTLK- nice! Love the pics.

I love your animal themed outfits this day- so cute!

Best of luck on your move!
Thank you!!

RIGHT?! Sweet tomatos is the best!
thank you!!!

We journeyed back to the Magic Kingdom after leaving DAK, and here…is where I draw a complete blank, so we’re gonna pretend that we took our time heading back to Fantasyland and headed to dinner right away, but at a leisurely pace… lol.

We were eating at Be Our Guest tonight! If any of you remember from previous TRs I’ve got a friend who serves there, who we met through Tony’s originally, so I let her know that we were there, but we didn’t request her since we’ve had WAY TOO MUCH time added onto our wait before when we did that! Super cute too, we also witnessed the end of a proposal on the Be Our Guest bridge as we were walking up! It was made even more cute as I recognized them from Instagram a moment later, and the guy is friends with Gaston over at the DHS show! #adorable.

It didn’t take too long for our buzzer to go off and we were escorted into the grand ballroom.

1004027_10152946430470647_1374668851_n.jpg
(no it was not that empty…that’s an old pic lol)

Luckily enough, we were seated IN the ballroom, right near the entrance to the West Wing! I was super happy because that ballroom is just A DREAM. SERIOUSLY. Beauty & the Beast is RIGHT up there as a favorite among our group, and the views in BOG cannot be beat! Kara & I talk on a regular basis how we want to get married in that ballroom, like, the nice romantic version of Beauty and the Beast song playing, the snow gently falling outside the windows, and those chandeliers?!? PERFECTION.

Our server came by pretty quickly, he was nice enough but there was something either stiff..or mildly awkward about him…we couldn’t quite put our finger on it yet. During our meal he was just standing nearby, near the West Wing entrance, just standing there kinda stiff waiting to be needed again… We all asked for waters, and Abby wanted champagne to celebrate completing the races, so I joined her on that as well. I THINK Kara might have gotten a glass of wine later on?

12745827_10156748400970647_5241647802976716492_n.jpg

Our server came back and asked about appetizers, we declined but put orders in for food. I knew I wanted to get something on the cheaper side, I had budgeted the Ratatouille, but really haven’t heard any good reviews about it, and wasn’t in the mood for a pound of quinoa right then anyways. I went back and forth thinking I may as well #yoloswag and just get the pork chop or lamb or steak, but decided to be decent to my stomach & wallet and just get the Salmon. I also wasn’t that hungry so a smaller lighter dish seemed like a better deal!

12744118_10156748400925647_5174774897712823748_n.jpg

Sorry its sideways! I ended up eating like, 2 bites of the salmon and eating all of the DELICIOUS spiraled zucchini and carrots and most of the potatos. The salmon was a bit overdone. I dunno, I just wasn’t feelin it AT ALL that night. I felt like I’d wasted my money on a meal, and I’ve always hated that feeling, I wish I’d thought to ask to order off the kids menu or if I could just get some steamed veggies I would’ve been happy. Heck, a bowl of the sides from this dish would’ve been perfect.

Dessert was naturally, the Grey Stuff.

250058_10156725881185360_2385938709509532807_n.jpg

Which was naturally, delicious, and I wished I could have about 12 more of those. During dessert, Shelly came over to chat, which was WONDERFUL as always. It’d been ages since we’d seen her, so it was really nice to catch up and chat about the trip so far, the meal, etc. She mentioned that our server was a transfer from Victoria and Albert’s, and EVERYTHING MADE SO MUCH SENSE ALL OF A SUDDEN. Seriously. He had that “signature dining” feel to him that was what we couldn’t put our finger on! While we were chatting away, the character captain came around to let us know that the Beast was almost finished for the evening, so if we wanted to say hello to the Master we should do it soon, so we said our goodbyes with Shelly, she snuck me a present, and we made our way over to see the Beast!

12938114_10156914328400647_6162217139185520631_n.jpg

Now, imagine our surprise when we exited Be Our Guest (after a bathroom break of course) and found all of Fantasyland DESSERTED! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!

An empty Fantasyland is the best kind of Fantasyland. And it was a fantastic time for me to play around with nighttime photography, which is something I’d wanted to get better at for ages!

Fantasyland was actually a ghost town, it was very clear CMs had emptied out and swept the areas already (kinda…) as they were stationed at various points, and you couldn’t cross into say, Tomorrowland or Liberty Sq, which was fine for us!

A nice little close up of what’s written on it! I’d always wanted photos like these but never spent a lot of time in MK past 5pm on our program, and it’s always so busy during the day! As we approached the castle, I waited for some stragglers to pass through the walkway, and then sent the other 3 ahead and directed them a bit to get these next pics

I think they’re adorable. Bahahaha. We spent some time sitting in front of the castle, taking pictures, snap chatting, talking about jumping the fence to get on the castle stage, the usual.

This one’s a little too dark still, edited it better for Instagram, but you get the idea.

The Partner’s Statue seriously means the WORLD to me, everything that actually has to do with Walt really does. Like, this man legitimately CREATED everything that we know as Disney, he is the man behind the legend, and I would have LOVED to be able to meet him. Seeing pics of Disneyland when it opened, and him just strolling around, chatting with teens in Adventureland, like, AMAZING. To think that one persons imagination could think up such wonderful things, THAT is true magic #feels

12764773_10156757880030647_2642909694826172338_o.jpg

When we got around to the front of the hub, and more onto Main Street, I got the girls to drop their bags, and take out their medals, because, we needed some celebratory “I RAN TWO/THREE RACES AND DIDN’T DIE” pictures.

12419225_10156757880675647_3178550392807724280_o.jpg

12792090_10156757880760647_475602452207968325_o.jpg

Seriously SO proud of these girls. I am NOT a runner, by any means, I do my cardio quick and intense, some nice treadmill sprints and I’m good for the day. It IS one of my ultimate goals to run a Disney race, and Kara was REAL close to getting me to do the Tinkerbell 5/10k with her in May (because all the fairy friends would probably be out and I love me some Periwinkle) BUT #money. Also..I can’t run. So, major props to these girls for committing to it, and doing it! And Abby & Kara are BOTH doing it again in May in Disneyland for the Tinkerbell! I’ll be doing sprints on treadmill in the hotel..hi…

We meandered our way out of the park, it was super nice to have it be pretty empty, but we were all pretty tired, so there was no way we were staying to last guest or taking more pictures at that point!

Hey team!
So I'm finishing up packing right now to move & was going to transfer everything from this desktop to my laptop & have realized that the files won't be compatible on my Mac, so I hate to do this, but MAJOR post dump is about to happen!

WAKE UPPPPPP!!!!!

It was another early morning for us, but we’d gotten a nice sleep the night before, and we were up and at em pretty quickly. We had a theme Disneybound, that I’m not gonna make you guess because it’s pretty darn obvious right away. We ate some snacks in the room as we got ready, Pearl had spent the night at her boyfriends, so she wasn’t with us, but we made it work with just the three. We jumped down into the bus line, and snapped the beginning of our day.

10644849_10156748400850647_69153246137520754_n.jpg

You can’t tell the bounds at this point because it was a little chilly, so I had my sweater on, which all 3 of us (and Amanda) actually all own, so we each brought them to wear! Also Kara’s eyebrows are serious perfection in that picture, and I’m dying over the pigmentation of my eye shadow…so there’s that..

We were all super excited to see rope drop this morning, especially since for our last morning we were all going to wear cute tulle skirts and matching ears and look SUPER adorable and get there super early and try for family of the day! Abby & Kara both hadn’t seen Welcome Show either, so we got a nice spot front and center and waited it out.

The music piped in, we jumped out of glee, and…a voice over started…okay..weird..usually if the mayor isn’t there, someone else subs in…but there was no host…not trolley kids came out…and NO CHARACTERS OR TRAIN CAME DOWN THE TRACK. CASEY JR WAS NON EXISTANT. The countdown happened, the pyro went off and the park was open.

Bam.

The family next to us literally turned to us and goes “so…we’re not crazy…there’s usually more than that right?!”

Uhm…yeah….WHAT THE HECK

THANKS SHANGHAI

#BUDGETCUTS

…okay not really…but we honestly considered it….

Now, since we’re hardcore ride fans and actually made it to rope drop on time with most of our party we clearly ran straight for Mine Train with a ride on Space right after it..

WRONG.

Trolley?

NOT YET.

Where’d we RACE off to?!?!

THE TANGLED TOILETS

I wish I was kidding you...

If our Disneybounds aren’t getting obvious yet, you’re stuck in mud. Lol. We wanted to do a nice photoshoot with our outfits back in the Tangled area, and the best time to do that was: when there was no crowds, and our hair/make up was still on point, so naturally, the earlier the BETTER.

250192_10156725878380360_8433856613203588007_n.jpg
pc
: kara…she’s incredible

Now…originally…we’d been planning on doing two bounds for this trip, one being “Princes” and one being “Cinderella mice” both fell through since I was struggling to find Prince stuff, though I ended up finding Phillip for earlier in the week, and the Mice were kinda hard without wearing crop tops and shorts. So, we talked about doing a Tangled one, Abby was gonna to Flynn for Prince day since she already had it, Kara wanted to do Mother Gothel, so I guessed I’d take on the role of Lost Princesses. Lol.

1915167_10156725878390360_5684460624343513055_n.jpg

Yeah…go ahead and CRY over Kara’s beautiful photography because I KNOW I AM.

10600372_10156725878510360_9185117265032192014_n.jpg
In all honesty I HATE that photo, I think the angle’s SUPER unflattering, but it’s still beautiful

1533845_10156725878585360_2946426049001913733_n.jpg

10437766_10156725878570360_9039915872734338040_n.jpg

Hey there, how ya doin? Name’s Flynn Rider.

5443_10156725878730360_4224832059200861110_n.jpg

“This is a weird lookin frog…”

1798689_10156725878765360_507792085546702527_n.jpg

I’m seriously still SO SAD that the Tangled Tsum Tsums came out a few days after coming HOME from this trip, esp since the girls got to see the new musical on the cruise! At least I had Pascal!

10274020_10156725878810360_6893295625355442967_n.jpg

12814511_10156725878870360_933303114004334147_n.jpg

When we moved over the Tower, we noticed the camera wasn’t doing the job, Kara & I both usually only shoot with a 50mm lens or a zoom lens, so it wasn’t able to zoom out enough to get the Tower & us in it, so we swapped to phones!

12717916_10156748400785647_4317278732365059333_n.jpg

1915458_10156748400820647_3206871926702524646_n.jpg

12814759_10156725881495360_5290716969003874452_n.jpg

Flower gleam & glow!

10373482_10156725883235360_8868781665608489549_n.jpg

1622113_10156725883370360_1041545548283586367_n.jpg

This is the story of how I died…

10527491_10156725879000360_7185760637439284872_n.jpg

Our photo shoot eventually wrapped up because we DID have somewhere to be! Naturally..a trolley was involved, and Amanda was there to meet up with us! (she ALSO had her matching tangled sweater)

[/COLOR]

Last edited:

10312601_10156725879030360_8317763969537186733_n.jpg

12065625_10156725879095360_5452751511769173952_n.jpg

Jenna was super adorable and came up and commented on my Rapunzel outfit!

1012705_10156725879200360_4404041685479947949_n.jpg

THESE CUTIES

Our morning was spent as per usual, some Starbucks:

12745784_10156748400645647_4534376375578687728_n.jpg

Watched some Dream Along with Mickey

12814295_10156725880275360_6895098198350741626_n.jpg

1910626_10156725880310360_2487633831078891537_n.jpg

600738_10156725880415360_3179385218651223768_n.jpg

We eventually had to split up! Amanda and her husband, Michael, were meeting friends, so we partied ways. I’m sure the people mover maybe some Phillharmagic was involved, and we eventually ended up in Adventureland at the Skipper Canteen! We were in line while Abby jumped on the app to make a resso, and we ended up getting one, and getting sat right away.

Now, imagine our surprise when we were sat, and looked over, and AMANDA WAS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO US! So many laughs! Like legit, we chatted a bit about the menu, and Amanda let me try a bite of her mac and cheese, and we said hello to our server!

Kara got a fancy drink, passionfruit & something with apple bubbles

1625538_10156644105560360_4763509355766344685_n.jpg

When meals came out, we all got the same,Mac & Cheese, but 2 of us asked to sub in the avocado for the broccoli!

12742350_10156748399925647_8478231216612302808_n.jpg

I also had some kinda of mango drink, it was good, but clearly not memorable.
603614_10156748396040647_3622650676340587243_n.jpg

I got the chocolate deliciousness for dessert, I remember it being super tasty, but not what it was called! During our lunch, we said bye to Amanda, and said hello to many other friends! Rachel, who did a CP in entertainment before doing a CRP program with us, met up with us, and then Tyler showed up during dessert, and squatted at our table. THEN, Pearl showed up and our table had grown from 3 to 6!! It was REALLY good the Skipper Canteen wasn’t packed! Our server was super awesome through all of it, and we’d highly recommend it to anyone, the food isn’t as adventurous as it seems it would be and we had a great time there!

Lunch acquired, we headed to our fast pass spot, the flag pole and town square, and even managed to get Rachel & Tyler in! Though we did almost lose some spots as people went for Starbucks runs!

12744341_10156748400255647_165162146410180570_n.jpg

12928142_10156914334160647_461927082970785606_n.jpg

12813951_10156725881255360_758989915881072018_n.jpg

Using a fast pass for FoF has always been something that I haven’t really formed an opinion on. I did it once over my program when Kara & I’s days off didn’t line up. Obviously we love to do the double, and I love shooting in Frontierland, and having the solid wall to shoot against over at barbershop. That being said, I really like the look of shooting directly down Main Street with the castle in the background. Is it worth it to waste a fp on it though? I don’t think so. I mean, we still had to get there crazy early to get the good spots to see down Main Street.

1977343_10156725881310360_8877154026042033180_n.jpg

Kara & I were both using our 50mm today and it was proving to be a little more difficult than we thought, we were talking about it last night & both of us had barely any useable photos in the end!

Obviously we were all really excited about the Tangled unit, especially with our Disneybounds, and especially since Rapunzel was looking extra adorable today.

image by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

image by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Phillip was super excited to see Pearl, and made her fangirl pretty hard as he spotted her, and took the time to walk over to her to say hello & kiss her hand!

We obviously enjoyed the parade, as always, but to be completely honest, it really isn’t my favorite spot to watch it from. I do enjoy the pictures with the castle, but at the same time it’s almost better to get those shots from down in the hub. It also requires waiting in the hot sun for longer than normal. In Frontierland we can wait in the shade until 15 mins before the parade starts!

With the parade finished, the heat was really starting to get to us, so a Starbucks stop was in order! We hung around with Rachel & Tyler for a little bit longer until they had to leave, and the four of us headed over to Frontierland where we had a fast pass to use!

944328_10156914333500647_3868065596308440453_n.jpg

Obviously Tangled poses were needed for the picture. We spent a little bit of time wandering through Frontierland as we slowly made our way back to the Hub for the 5:40 MiSi, where we had fun dancing, and met up with Amanda again!

We had some time to kill after MiSi and started playing around taking castle photos since it wasn’t too crazily crowded anymore.

12779148_10156758723500647_7475483832217581456_o.jpg

10487442_10156758723310647_8487654104683152101_n.jpg

12768296_10156758723785647_114096892913574904_o.jpg

I needed some with Amanda too! I’d told her to bring the sweater because we were bounding and she realized halfway through the day she should’ve just worn her white dress to be Maximus!

12764585_10156758724225647_8997677299915236784_o.jpg

I really am lucky to have found such incredible and Disney loving friends! Since Pearl was now with us, and we had some time to kill, we figured we should get some full group shots back over at the bathrooms, AND the lanterns would be lit by now!

10403222_10156748396060647_7790423728173507736_n.jpg

12741922_10156748400090647_2966215993679397030_n.jpg

And of course one with Pascal & Blondie

10329267_10156748400165647_4793619461279121334_n.jpg

We spent some time taking bathroom breaks and just relaxing with the floating lanterns for a bit, and I was getting a little antsy to get going to Fairytale Hall. I’m pretty sure our last fp had been for Rapunzel & Cinderella, but we also had to time things perfectly for extra magic.

**continued in next post***

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter