Downtown Disney Holiday Inn...great place

hpfan100

Extendable Ears Anyone?
I stayed three nights at the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn (July 15-18) and it was great! I checked in after midnight and that was not an issue. I also checked out very early and again no issue. I got a rate of 109 a night with bonus points for my stay. I had a car so I paid 10 a night to park. I was assigned a king room on the 6th floor (top) of the wing building. The room had a bed, fridge, coffee maker, desk, couch and tables, small balcony overlooking the pool. The bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet. Free wifi worked well with no issues. Bath and body products in bathroom smelled great. Service was excellent and I will stay here again if I return to Disney world.

Hotel was easy walk to Downtown Disney and free shuttles run every 30 minutes to and from parks. Also they have package delivery service from the parks.

Wish I had taken pictures....I really loved this hotel.

Hope others give it a try!

Wow...I will be trying to stay on that inn when I get back to Disneyland...You really seem to be a satisfied guest...Let me check out on it in the future.

Wow...I will be trying to stay on that inn when I get back to Disneyland...You really seem to be a satisfied guest...Let me check out on it in the future.

It was the one in Florida...I guess I forgot to say which Downtown Disney. Yes I really did love it. WAY better than a value onsite for less money.

great to hear your review. We are staying here for 5 nights in December. After reading these forums for the past few weeks I was worried we made the wrong decision staying off site, but hopefully it will be good.

great to hear your review. We are staying here for 5 nights in December. After reading these forums for the past few weeks I was worried we made the wrong decision staying off site, but hopefully it will be good.

You will not be disappointed. It's really a nice property. The building has be refurbed too so everything is fresh and new. If you haven't already sign up for the priority club card (it's free) then you should get a perk or two. I was hoping for free parking but got a 10/day dining credit.

I feel better after reading this. We had a change of plans and had to change our original dates from July to August 20-27. We will be staying offsite for the first time and my main concern was the shuttles. We usually stay at either the CRS or AKL, but since my plans changed we chose to stay at the Holiday Inn instead of a value.

We are staying here in November and I really appreciate your review. Glad to hear you were satisfied!

I am still looking to hear from anyone who used the shuttles to the park.

Did you happen to notice how long of a walk to the grocery store the opposite direction of Downtown Disney? We won't have a car for 4 days of our stay....

Thanks again!!!

We are staying here in November and I really appreciate your review. Glad to hear you were satisfied!

I am still looking to hear from anyone who used the shuttles to the park.

Did you happen to notice how long of a walk to the grocery store the opposite direction of Downtown Disney? We won't have a car for 4 days of our stay....

Thanks again!!!

The shuttles looked nice in fact a bit nicer than the disney owned ones. The stops for them are located in the same places at the parks. Usually after or across from the value resorts.

To walk to Crossroads area which has a grocery would be maybe 10-15 minutes. The walk to downtown disney is 5-10 and there is a Hess gas station across from that if you need just small snacks. In the crossroads plaza there are restaurants and fast food options too. Earl of Sandwich in DTD has good prices and food.

Have a great trip!

Good to hear! We are looking at hotels within walking distance to Downtown Disney so it's great to read good reviews from fellow dis-ers!

A couple questions if I may:
1) If you stay offsite, you are allowed to use the disney shuttles from dd to the parks?

2) I believe you said it's 5-10 minute walk from hotel to dd - is that on main roads? I'm assuming it's a "safe" walk? I haven't mapped it yet...

Also - for anyone without a car that needs groceries - I highly recommend Garden Grocer delivery!!

We are really interested in this hotel for our June 2012 vacation that will include "all" the local attractions. We are usually on-site WDW guests but next summer we want to visit Universal & Legoland (sneak some WDW days in there too). We just check our old Priority Members log-in membership & we are still in the system from 2005. We don't have the points but maybe it will be a good start. We would love to have the chance to stick with the DTD area.:thumbsup2

Good to hear! We are looking at hotels within walking distance to Downtown Disney so it's great to read good reviews from fellow dis-ers!

A couple questions if I may:
1) If you stay offsite, you are allowed to use the disney shuttles from dd to the parks?

2) I believe you said it's 5-10 minute walk from hotel to dd - is that on main roads? I'm assuming it's a "safe" walk? I haven't mapped it yet...

Also - for anyone without a car that needs groceries - I highly recommend Garden Grocer delivery!!

Very safe walk on main street with sidewalk the whole way. It's very very close to the DTD area. If the weather is nice then the walk would be too.

you can use the disney shuttles from DTD and from park to park or park to hotels. That is for any guest once on property. It is better to take the hotel shuttle to parks though as it is direct. The DTD buses go to the resorts and then you have to switch to a park bus.

Can you give me the exact address for this resort? I keep getting confused of the holiday inn locations--Sun Spree? International Drive? Thanks !

This Holiday Inn gets rave reviews from everyone! It is in the top 10 hotels on Trip Advisor. If we ever stay in Downtown Disney we will stay there for sure, great price too!

Here's an address for you:

LAKE BUENA VISTA DOWNTOWN
1805 HOTEL PLAZA BLVD. LAKE BUENA VISTA , FLORIDA 32830 UNITED STATES

make sure to book through Holiday Inn's website not the downtown disney one. the rates are better.

Here's the blurb from the front page of website:

Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel in the Walt Disney World® Resort
This official Walt Disney World® hotel is fresh from a $35 million top-to-bottom makeover, making it the perfect place to stay during your vacation to the Walt Disney World® Resort. With 323 upgraded rooms, lobby and business amenities and facilities, you are sure to enjoy the comfort and convenience of our charming Orlando hotel.
Whether you are in town for a weekend getaway, destination wedding or family vacation, our newly remodeled hotel in Lake Buena Vista puts you in the center of it all. Located within the Walt Disney World Resort, our hotel is just a short walk from everything the Downtown Disney® area has to offer, as well as several Orlando attractions, golf courses and shopping.
If you're in Orlando on business, feel free to utilize our 10 different meeting rooms with space for 18 to 600 guests, on-site audio/visual equipment, catering services and sales & meeting professionals.
During your vacation, enjoy our choice Orlando hotel amenities, which include free high-speed Internet access, a delicious on-site restaurant and lounge, brand new 32" LG® LCD HDTVs and Bath & Body Works® bath amenities in every room, a zero-entry pool and an on-site game room for the kids. We also offer Rainforest Alliance® certified coffees. Check out our Orlando hotel room deals, and make your reservation today!
View Less
Features
Located in the Walt Disney World® Resort, our hotel is within walking distance of the Downtown Disney® area, and we offer complimentary transportation to and from the Disney Theme Parks (Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park) every 30 minutes.

Just wanted to add that I have stayed at the DTD hotels and the bus shuttles are great. Not as often as the Disney ones but much more comfortable. They do stop at each hotel but so do the Disney ones so its not much more different except that their buses are much more comfortable and if you are too late to grab a bus (they do stop earlier than the Disney buses) you can always catch a DTD bus and walk the rest of the way back to your hotel or grab a cab (if you don't feel like walking) there are tons of cabs waiting at DTD. The cab came in handy once for my mother and me, she was exhausted and we stayed later than the bus run so we did just that took the DTD bus and then a cab back to the hotel. It was fine, and only a few bucks. If I remember correctly they run every 1/2 hour up to midnight. HTH:thumbsup2

what about transportation from airport? Are you allowed to take magical express since it's a good neighbor hotel?

what about transportation from airport? Are you allowed to take magical express since it's a good neighbor hotel?

Magical Express is only for the disney resorts. You would need to get a cab or shuttle. Mears shuttle is about 30 round trip per person. I think a town car service with grocery stop would be about 100 round trip.

The towncar service depends on how many in your group. We used Murray Hill and they were very reasonable and very, very nice people to deal with. Their website is http://www.transportation2disney.com. I've tried several towncar services and they have been the most reliable for me. HTH:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter