Don't yell at cast members

SIMJUN

Mouseketeer
The cast members are only doing there jobs. They have procedures to follow and they have to stick to them.

So if for instance a line for a character closes, don't yell at the character attendant, she or he would love to keep the line open, but they are not allowed to.

WDW makes the rules not the character attendants.

If you are unhappy, ask for a manager, go to guest service or write to someone.

Just don't yell at the cast members.

The cast members are only doing there jobs. They have procedures to follow and they have to stick to them.

So if for instance a line for a character closes, don't yell at the character attendant, she or he would love to keep the line open, but they are not allowed to.

WDW makes the rules not the character attendants.

If you are unhappy, ask for a manager, go to guest service or write to someone.

Just don't yell at the cast members.

I think it's horribly sad that some people need to be told this. :sad2:

Being in customer service, I see this quite often. People need to realize that the CMs don't make the rules, they a responsible for enforcing the rules in the resort so they don't get in trouble. That's why I try to be extra nice to the CMs.

It is sad that people need to be reminded but I was there over Halloween and some more than one guest yelling at cast members.

It's just not the way to deal with frustration, plus it isn't a great example to set to young kids.

I think everyone needs to have at least one job in their careers where they work directly with customers so they can see how tough a job it can be. Then they will think before mistreating someone.

I’m a firm believer that EVERYONE should have to wait tables for 6 months; it gives people a totally new appreciation not only for people waiting tables but also for anyone in customer service.

I’m also a firm believer that there is a special place in HELL for people who yell at cast members.

On our last trip, TSM was down one day for, oh, maybe an hour and a half. We didn't worry too much about it, just popped by periodically so we could see if it was up yet and we could use our fastpasses. One of the times we checked, a very nicely-dressed, very "respectable" looking woman was standing just outside the entry to the ride, giving a manager a very nasty time. He politely explained that the mechanics were working to get the ride functioning again, and that he wasn't able to fix it personally, but everyone was doing the best they could. She proceeded to tell him that his job was to problem solve, and that he was good for nothing. The worst thing is that the entire time she was yelling at him, her little 4 or 5 year old grandson was standing beside her holding her hand. It made me cringe.

People should not yell at people in general. Cast Members, as well as guests, are not perfect. I have come across some pretty rude CMs, but even more rude guests.

Being in customer service, I see this quite often. People need to realize that the CMs don't make the rules, they a responsible for enforcing the rules in the resort so they don't get in trouble. That's why I try to be extra nice to the CMs.

I agree, with this poster, but take slight disagreement with the OP.

CM's are humans. They are not infallible. While many CM's are wonderful, they are not perfect. Some are highly flawed.

While I generally agree that one should not shout at CM's... I would not go so far as to make a blanket statement that it should never be done.

I can think of lots of scenarios where yelling might be justified. Indeed, I can think of a few cases where yelling guests might (have) save(d) a cast member's life.

I'll even go further to say that as great as Disney is, every once in while they do muck things up pretty bad...they DON'T ALWAYS follow procedure.

I’m a firm believer that EVERYONE should have to wait tables for 6 months; it gives people a totally new appreciation not only for people waiting tables but also for anyone in customer service.

Wait tables AND work retail.

I worked retail for fifteen years ans still recognize the thieves every time I see them. :lmao:

I’m also a firm believer that there is a special place in HELL for people who yell at cast members.

Trust me ... you wouldn't have wanted me waiting tables ... I wouldn't have lasted 6 months. I'm THAT clumsy:rotfl::rotfl:

I did work retail for 10+ years however and I do believe everyone should do something like that at least once. I worked in a pharmacy and our common quote was "all of our customers are on drugs ;) )

I have on rare occasion encountered CM's who were less than helpfull. However, the great majority are a pleasure to deal with. I make a point of calling them by name as I thank them for their help.

CM's are humans. They are not infallible. While many CM's are wonderful, they are not perfect. Some are highly flawed.

While I generally agree that one should not shout at CM's... I would not go so far as to make a blanket statement that it should never be done.

I can think of lots of scenarios where yelling might be justified. Indeed, I can think of a few cases where yelling guests might (have) save(d) a cast member's life.

I'll even go further to say that as great as Disney is, every once in while they do muck things up pretty bad...they DON'T ALWAYS follow procedure.

Examples, please?

I would agree in not yelling at CMs, even the ones that aren't doing their job or being rude. Simply because yelling doesn't help anyone and it only makes everyones day, even yours, a lot more misserable. If a CM isn't doing their job or being rude, just tell them, and if you find it necessary, complain to a manager or GS.

As a previous CM myself, I can't even count the times I've been yelled at and for what reasons. I was working in the Norwegian pavilion and I was yelled at for the monorail braking down, for computers braking down, because the guest was late and we couldn't let them into the restaurant and so on.

Well it didnt take to long before some person as twisted things around and is blaming the cm's for something......in this case........nothing...but they are still wrong or could be wrong..maybe they could do something wrong!......so acting acting like a fool and yelling at them is OK...just cause they are the guests, well thats OK!.....gesseehhhh..........

Pretty poor thinking mickey lver.........especailly with your handle!

AKK

If I saw a CM (or anyone in customer service) do something that I thought was wrong I wouldn't "resolve" it by yelling at them or even correct it myself. I would report it and let Disney resolve it. You are right CM's aren't perfect but just because one person is acting inappropriate, the solution to that isn't for the other one to act as such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter