DON'T Read This TRIP REPORT If You're a Princess Hater!

Just wanted to say....your princess dresses are gorgeous!!!

Ever think of selling 'grown-up' versions?;)

Hi there!

I'm just wondering- me and my family are looking for a new camera. What camera did you use for the majority of your photos? We can stretch to $700- $800- but we would really like very clear photos.

Which camera did you use for your shots of Wishes? I love those photos. Our camera didn't deal well with the dark, or with fireworks. Your photos of Wishes and MSEP are fantastic.

Obviously we don't want a really heavy camera- as lightweight as possible... and my family aren't very 'techy', so we don't want it to be overly complicated.

Thanks for your help- your photos have made me keen to look into buying your type of camera! :goodvibes

Hi there!

I'm just wondering- me and my family are looking for a new camera. What camera did you use for the majority of your photos? We can stretch to $700- $800- but we would really like very clear photos.

Which camera did you use for your shots of Wishes? I love those photos. Our camera didn't deal well with the dark, or with fireworks. Your photos of Wishes and MSEP are fantastic.

Obviously we don't want a really heavy camera- as lightweight as possible... and my family aren't very 'techy', so we don't want it to be overly complicated.

Thanks for your help- your photos have made me keen to look into buying your type of camera! :goodvibes

Hi! Many thanks for the kind comments. You can certainly get a good DSLR these days in your price range. It's one of the areas in life where you get more for your money every year.

I have the Canon T2i and love it. The newer model T3i is great too. But many other makers (like Pentax and Sony) might get you even more features for the money.

The Wishes shots can be done with the kit lens that comes with your camera. Once you get one, drop back by here, or post a thread in the photography forum here on the DIS and we can tell you step by step how to do it. It's not as hard as it looks. But you will need a tripod and shutter release cable.

I don't think a DSLR with a kit lens is big or heavy. But some do. You'd probably need to get to a camera store and feel some for yourself. Once you do, the best deals are usually online. There are some really reputable online sites I could recommend, like B&H Photo or Adorama.

Good luck with your search. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi - I'm making my way through your trip diaries and I just wanted to say what an awesome mom you are! Making all those costumes and planning all of those special things for your daughter! You're creating memories that will last a lifetime for her. :-)

Hi - I'm making my way through your trip diaries and I just wanted to say what an awesome mom you are! Making all those costumes and planning all of those special things for your daughter! You're creating memories that will last a lifetime for her. :-)

Thanks for the kind words! :goodvibes I hope you'll follow us over to Princess Palooza 2011 when you're done here!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851008

And 2008:

3141382139_945abb9d2b.jpg
[/url] A Very Special Beauty & the Beast Photo Op by mom2rtk, on Flickr[/IMG]

She looks like their daughter! Sooo sweet :love:

Since you've been real helpful in helping me plan a December trip, thought I would come on over and read your TR. Maybe I can get some other helpful tips. This will be our first ever Holiday Trip. We've been in the Summer and Fall, but never in the Winter. Off to read now.

Since you've been real helpful in helping me plan a December trip, thought I would come on over and read your TR. Maybe I can get some other helpful tips. This will be our first ever Holiday Trip. We've been in the Summer and Fall, but never in the Winter. Off to read now.

Hi! I'm happy to give you my input. We've been 4 times in December. When you're done reading here, click on the link in my signature for "Princess Palooza 2011" which is my most recent trip report for a tale of much warmer December weather. Don't let this one put you off!

Wow! What amazing costumes on your daughter & amazing firework pictures. Your night shots & fireworks pictures were taking with what camera? Was it on a special setting? What amazing night shots!

Katie wanted her hair curled for dinner, so I did what I had to do........ and carried the curling iron through airport security in my carry-on! Of course, there was also a hoop skirt in my bag, and I'm still surprised I didn't get any funny looks! So I curled Katie’s hair, she put on her Drizella costume and we were off to the ball........errrrrrrr...........dinner!

I had considered trying to stop into the Magic Kingdom, just long enough to see the castle lighting, then heading to the Grand Floridian for dinner. I’m glad we didn’t since all the reports on the Disboards since we returned said the Magic Kingdom crowd level was near a 10 that day! (It was the only semi-warm non MVMCP night in the forecast all week!) We arrived at the Magic Kingdom bus stop then quickly transferred to the Monorail and headed for the Grand Floridian. There was plenty of time for Magic Kingdom fun later in the week!

It seemed to take forever for us to be seated for dinner. Thankfully that was the only extended dining wait we had the entire trip, which is pretty remarkable since it was a free dining week.

As we finally entered the restaurant, Drizella saw Katie and let out a huge squeal! It was SO much fun! “It’s me! It’s me!” she yelled. Katie loved it, and we both giggled our way to our table. As we sat down, another Disboarder *toadstool* saw us and stopped by to say hi! Hey Kira! It was fun to meet someone we "knew" already. We both hang out on the Disboutiquer thread. It was fun to meet her daughter who was there dressed as Cinderella.

At one point, one of the CM’s asked to take a picture of Katie with Drizella. Turns out, he was in charge that night, and was kind enough to add a little pixie dust :wizard: at the end of the night.

5507550437_381a67a79b_z.jpg

5507550457_0d46301022_z.jpg

5508149154_1e0a070611_z.jpg

This trip, I got as close as possible to Drizella's actual costume, right down to the turquoise ruffled lining! If only I'd known there were THREE ruffles......... Maybe next time! :rotfl2:

Drizella played with Katie all evening, even dragging her across the restaurant at one point. Katie loves this stuff, and so do I!

5507550523_975e016741_z.jpg

5507550557_b273e6c988_z.jpg

And I really liked this photo. Katie loved that I let her wear lipstick as part of the costume, and kept checking it in her spoon.

5508161348_484fc23617_z.jpg

And now for our Pixie Dust: :wizard:

5508149052_6658ca46a5_z.jpg

I scrapbook, so pictures like this are absolutely my favorite thing in the whole world! So......many many thanks to the CMs who helped make this happen! :flower3:

What an amazing start to our trip! With that we headed back to the POP. I felt like Cinderella on her way home from the ball!

I really thought we’d find our luggage in our room when we returned. No such luck, but a couple of phone calls later and it was there.

We got unpacked...... I had a few items to organize for the next day and we crashed early.

NEXT UP: Our traditional first park day.........HOLLYWOOD HERE WE COME!

Katie wanted her hair curled for dinner, so I did what I had to do........ and carried the curling iron through airport security in my carry-on! Of course, there was also a hoop skirt in my bag, and I'm still surprised I didn't get any funny looks! So I curled Katie’s hair, she put on her Drizella costume and we were off to the ball........errrrrrrr...........dinner!

I had considered trying to stop into the Magic Kingdom, just long enough to see the castle lighting, then heading to the Grand Floridian for dinner. I’m glad we didn’t since all the reports on the Disboards since we returned said the Magic Kingdom crowd level was near a 10 that day! (It was the only semi-warm non MVMCP night in the forecast all week!) We arrived at the Magic Kingdom bus stop then quickly transferred to the Monorail and headed for the Grand Floridian. There was plenty of time for Magic Kingdom fun later in the week!

It seemed to take forever for us to be seated for dinner. Thankfully that was the only extended dining wait we had the entire trip, which is pretty remarkable since it was a free dining week.

As we finally entered the restaurant, Drizella saw Katie and let out a huge squeal! It was SO much fun! “It’s me! It’s me!” she yelled. Katie loved it, and we both giggled our way to our table. As we sat down, another Disboarder *toadstool* saw us and stopped by to say hi! Hey Kira! It was fun to meet someone we "knew" already. We both hang out on the Disboutiquer thread. It was fun to meet her daughter who was there dressed as Cinderella.

At one point, one of the CM’s asked to take a picture of Katie with Drizella. Turns out, he was in charge that night, and was kind enough to add a little pixie dust :wizard: at the end of the night.

5507550437_381a67a79b_z.jpg

5507550457_0d46301022_z.jpg

5508149154_1e0a070611_z.jpg

This trip, I got as close as possible to Drizella's actual costume, right down to the turquoise ruffled lining! If only I'd known there were THREE ruffles......... Maybe next time! :rotfl2:

Drizella played with Katie all evening, even dragging her across the restaurant at one point. Katie loves this stuff, and so do I!

5507550523_975e016741_z.jpg

5507550557_b273e6c988_z.jpg

And I really liked this photo. Katie loved that I let her wear lipstick as part of the costume, and kept checking it in her spoon.

5508161348_484fc23617_z.jpg

And now for our Pixie Dust: :wizard:

5508149052_6658ca46a5_z.jpg

I scrapbook, so pictures like this are absolutely my favorite thing in the whole world! So......many many thanks to the CMs who helped make this happen! :flower3:

What an amazing start to our trip! With that we headed back to the POP. I felt like Cinderella on her way home from the ball!

I really thought we’d find our luggage in our room when we returned. No such luck, but a couple of phone calls later and it was there.

We got unpacked...... I had a few items to organize for the next day and we crashed early.

NEXT UP: Our traditional first park day.........HOLLYWOOD HERE WE COME!
hi im new to this forum but love your costumes and was wondering if you sell them ? i cant sew for my life but my daughter loves drizella and wants to dress as her this halloween and yours is he best i have seen online i was wonderig what pattern you used to create this look if you dont sell your beautiful creations ? thank you

hi im new to this forum but love your costumes and was wondering if you sell them ? i cant sew for my life but my daughter loves drizella and wants to dress as her this halloween and yours is he best i have seen online i was wonderig what pattern you used to create this look if you dont sell your beautiful creations ? thank you

Search Mom2rtk on etsy. ;)

Did you start a new trip report Janet? I saw you loaded more photos on flickr and was wondering.

Did you start a new trip report Janet? I saw you loaded more photos on flickr and was wondering.

Mike! I knew someone was missing over there! I'm so sorry I didn't think to message you!

It's here. Thankfully as you will recall I never move very fast so I'm not that far yet! :)

Ahhh....girly and princessy world. Sounds much fun tho. Just trying to imagine if it will be me and my little princess.

Ahhh....girly and princessy world. Sounds much fun tho. Just trying to imagine if it will be me and my little princess.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you have a lot of fun with your own little princess!

I know it has been a few years but you posted in something and the title of this one jumped out at me I your signature. I can't wait to read more of your TR's. I loved seeing the outfits and hearing about your Disney Magic.:earboy2::earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter