DON'T Read This TRIP REPORT If You're a Princess Hater!

OK, if you hate parental braggers, please plug your ears (or cover your eyes since we're online......) I'm going to indulge in a brief moment of sheer, unabashed braggery....

Remember Timmy took his ACT while we were at Disney? We got the email today with his score.......... and he got a 30! :yay: He's just a Junior and wants to take it a couple more times, but even if he does no better, we're quite proud. :goodvibes I guess we'll keep him. ;)

Yeah for Timmy, you should be proud.

OK, if you hate parental braggers, please plug your ears (or cover your eyes since we're online......) I'm going to indulge in a brief moment of sheer, unabashed braggery....

Remember Timmy took his ACT while we were at Disney? We got the email today with his score.......... and he got a 30! :yay: He's just a Junior and wants to take it a couple more times, but even if he does no better, we're quite proud. :goodvibes I guess we'll keep him. ;)

You should be proud, as should he :goodvibes

I really enjoyed your posts:-) Even though it took me a couple long hours to read the whole thing, it was well worth it!! I was just wondering why you didn't ride many rides on your trip, and only went to the magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios? Thanks for the posts and letting me enjoy your trip as much as you enjoyed it yourself!

All right, rumor has it this disc sitting on my desk will add the elusive word processing to my new computer. So MAYBE I can get going on the new trip report....... I hope???????

You should be proud, as should he :goodvibes

Many thanks. We are. :goodvibes

I really enjoyed your posts:-) Even though it took me a couple long hours to read the whole thing, it was well worth it!! I was just wondering why you didn't ride many rides on your trip, and only went to the magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios? Thanks for the posts and letting me enjoy your trip as much as you enjoyed it yourself!

Thank you! :welcome: to the Disboards and :welcome: to my trip report! :banana:

We actually did a good number of rides. But it wasn't a totally ride-centric trip. We never rode Splash because of the bitter cold weather. We only rode BTMRR a couple times for the same reason. Heck, even Dumbo seemed cold! :lmao:

We did spend one day in Epcot and one in AK. But our trips do tend to focus a LOT of time in the Magic Kingdom. Can you tell it's our favorite? :rolleyes1 I'm thinking the problem is that I never got all of my chapter links updated. It's all there, it's just a lot to wade through to get there!

30 is an amazing score. Congrats to him and the whole family. Where does he want to go to College?

Aww..... thanks! It was awesome getting to meet you guys. I'm so glad you said something. I have 2 regrets though: 1) we should have done BTMRR together and 2) Can you BELIEVE we didn't take a photo????????

I was just really frazzled that morning. Having the park open at 8 changed everything. We had just a few minutes to get photos without the crowds. We stayed one step in front of them but they caught up just as we got to the castle. And I'm SO glad we got a few pics on the way in. The girls (at the prompting of my own daughter) decided on spikey rainbow color hair-dos! :scared1:

How was the rest of your trip?

I know this isn't in reference to me, but we had the same issue on our early Crystal Palace morning. our ressies were for 8:15 and thankfully, they didn't ask what time, just let us in. i had made them in June, when the park hours were to open at 9 am. They were letting 8:05 people in. My in-laws got stopped though and DH had to go get them into the park. We barely got our group Photopass pictures done before the crowds came through. I didn't get any with my camera though. So, I've got to buy the files. I didn't get any of just my kids. Oh well. :(

30 is an amazing score. Congrats to him and the whole family. Where does he want to go to College?

AWESOME!:thumbsup2 I'd be bragging too! Do you have colleges knocking at your door already?

Thanks guys! I was really excited for him. He works very hard and did spend a lot of time practicing for the test. His goal was 30 this time and he got there. :goodvibes

He's a very cautious sort who doesn't make decisions quickly. Which is my way of saying I have no clue where he wants to go. He has a couple goals though. I finished 3rd in my HS class, so he wants to finish second in his. :lmao: (Forget trying for first. He just wants to beat mom!) And he wants to go to a school one step better than his brother. and his brother is at a pretty good school. Did I mention that he's rather...... shall we say....... competitive???????? :rotfl: He's very strong in math and science, so it will somewhere strong in those areas. Maybe the science and tech school in Rolla here in MO??? I really have no idea. I'm a Northwestern alum, so I'd love to see him there, but for that reason, I'm pretty sure we can rule that out. :lmao:

I'm pretty sure he'll leave home for school. Which makes me happy for him. Really. But I know it will make me very sad too. :sad:

I know this isn't in reference to me, but we had the same issue on our early Crystal Palace morning. our ressies were for 8:15 and thankfully, they didn't ask what time, just let us in. i had made them in June, when the park hours were to open at 9 am. They were letting 8:05 people in. My in-laws got stopped though and DH had to go get them into the park. We barely got our group Photopass pictures done before the crowds came through. I didn't get any with my camera though. So, I've got to buy the files. I didn't get any of just my kids. Oh well. :(

I knew it was possible that might happen on a day or 2 of our trip. We had it happen last year on our last day and we just cancelled the ADR. But I really didn't think it would happen as early as it did, so I knew it would be a problem. Still, I looked at the photos from that morning yesterday and just laughed at how empty the park looked behind the girls. They are right up at the castle with nobody behind them. And I have shots of them walking up the ramp to the castle with nobody behind them. then once we hit the tunnel through the castle............ PEOPLE EVERYWHERE! We were giggling all the way through about staying ahead of the crowd. :lmao:

I knew it was possible that might happen on a day or 2 of our trip. We had it happen last year on our last day and we just cancelled the ADR. But I really didn't think it would happen as early as it did, so I knew it would be a problem. Still, I looked at the photos from that morning yesterday and just laughed at how empty the park looked behind the girls. They are right up at the castle with nobody behind them. And I have shots of them walking up the ramp to the castle with nobody behind them. then once we hit the tunnel through the castle............ PEOPLE EVERYWHERE! We were giggling all the way through about staying ahead of the crowd. :lmao:

we didn't make it to the castle. we were at the first Photopass guy getting different family pictures (and i didn't even get one of just DH, the kids and me). We had to wait on my ILs to get through the gate and by the time DH went back to get them... well, the Photopass guy got their pics and the crowd came through. I was hoping for some castle pictures too. Maybe next time. :) One of my favorite pictures is of DD a few years back during early entry for BBB. The picture was thankfully taken before the crazy red/green spiky hairdo!

we didn't make it to the castle. we were at the first Photopass guy getting different family pictures (and i didn't even get one of just DH, the kids and me). We had to wait on my ILs to get through the gate and by the time DH went back to get them... well, the Photopass guy got their pics and the crowd came through. I was hoping for some castle pictures too. Maybe next time. :) One of my favorite pictures is of DD a few years back during early entry for BBB. The picture was thankfully taken before the crazy red/green spiky hairdo!

LOL! You have NO idea how happy I was to get photos of the girls before their hairdos that day.........

Sorry you didn't get your castle shots. And how odd they were checking names when your IL's came through. I have to say I don't think anyone has ever asked our names for early entry at the MK.

I really need to remember that if we go back next year at that time, we need to do all our early entry early in the trip. One trip we did the BBB then still had time to come out front of the castle for pics before the crowds came in. Those are some of my favorite shots ever.

Of course, our days were pre-determined here by when our friends would arrive. So it was totally worth staying one step ahead of the crowds that day. I would say that was one of my favorite days in the MK ever.

They didn't check names; they asked what time their ADR was. Since it was for 8:15, they told them they'd have plenty of time once the rope dropped. They did not ask the rest of us (and i've never had them ask). my ILs were staying at a different resort from the rest of us, so got there a little earlier than we did.

I knew there was a chance of changing hours. And I also knew there was a chance we wouldn't be let in early once those hours changed. In the future, I will make all early ADRs for the absolute earliest I can.

We got our big group pic, so all is good. I'm definitely not going to sweat the small stuff since I can't do anything about it now. :)

I can't wait to read about your latest trip. :)

They didn't check names; they asked what time their ADR was. Since it was for 8:15, they told them they'd have plenty of time once the rope dropped. They did not ask the rest of us (and i've never had them ask). my ILs were staying at a different resort from the rest of us, so got there a little earlier than we did.

I knew there was a chance of changing hours. And I also knew there was a chance we wouldn't be let in early once those hours changed. In the future, I will make all early ADRs for the absolute earliest I can.

We got our big group pic, so all is good. I'm definitely not going to sweat the small stuff since I can't do anything about it now. :)

I can't wait to read about your latest trip. :)

Well, that's a helpful little tidbit for future reference. If asked, say 8:05. But we weren't even asked that. I guess that was the advantage of us barely getting there in time!

Golly, I didn't know you had a whole fan club over here. ;)

Now that I've found this again, I'll be waiting for your latest report! Can I stand over here in the back?

Golly, I didn't know you had a fan club over here. ;)

Now that I've found this again, I'll be waiting for your latest report! Can I stand over here in the back?

LOL! You're a little late to the party!:lmao: I'm going to start a new one soon. I finally just got word processing going on my new computer. I'll post a link here when I do.

Fan club though? Ehhh..... keep that from my kids, will you? They might want to join. :lmao:

I can't wait to read about your latest trip. :)[/QUOTE

We had an 8:15 on a day where the park hours changed from 9am to 8am. They didn't ask our reservation time, and let us in early. I want to say about 7:50.

hi! I'm going to read your next trip report too, but wanted to comment over here. Just 2 questions - how do you change outfits so quickly between greetings, and how do you carry all the outfits with you??

hi! I'm going to read your next trip report too, but wanted to comment over here. Just 2 questions - how do you change outfits so quickly between greetings, and how do you carry all the outfits with you??

It's not as hard as it seems. We usually go for a week at a time, and spend many days in the Magic Kingdom. We plan to bring one or two things each day and usually have a locker for jackets, tripod etc. anyway.

Katie wears a camisole and shorts and we just swap out over that while waiting in line.

See you over on the new TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter