Does USH charge for parking?

Yep.

Idea: we got a Costco annual pass that includes parking. Just about as cheap as a one day ticket. And gives discounts on food and merchandise.

If you buy general parking, you will park far away and need to walk through Universal City Walk. For $25. you can get preferred parking, which is the Frankenstein lot right next to the park entrance. It's worth it at the end of the day.

Yep.

Idea: we got a Costco annual pass that includes parking. Just about as cheap as a one day ticket. And gives discounts on food and merchandise.

Would Canadian Costco do that? Or that only a US one? I do like my discounts though... And with the military discount at the PX, it makes sense to get a Go 1 Day pass for Lego Land (save $11) and an AP for USH which gets those discounts on merch!!

How's the food at USH? Any place to avoid? Any place to absolutely go to?

If you buy general parking, you will park far away and need to walk through Universal City Walk. For $25. you can get preferred parking, which is the Frankenstein lot right next to the park entrance. It's worth it at the end of the day.

You're right. With the USH AP and paying for parking, we'd still be ahead by $50 over a 3 Day GO LA card. And it'll be worth every penny to not hear my kid complain about walking back to the car (which she does on a regular basis).

The only dining that is not to be missed at ush is 3 broomsticks and butter beer.

Everything else is good, but nothing special. Simpsons land restaurants and pubs are fun to walk through.

I can't think of anyplace that is just bad, but I haven't been to all of them. As well, there are some nice restaurants in citywalk, most of them are chains.

Would Canadian Costco do that? Or that only a US one?

Ooh I don't know. We got ours online (had to really search around), so maybe check out the website?

We eat at 3 Broomsticks solely so far. Their leek and potato soup is slightly different than at UO, and it's just soooo good.

Though on this day trip we jsut had we also bought the Big Pink donuts at Simpsons. :)

I checked Canadian Costco and they didn't have the passes, but I got a good deal from the military ticket seller for APs. I think DH and I are going to eat at the 3 Broomsticks and then have some Duff beer! LOL

I think DH and I are going to eat at the 3 Broomsticks and then have some Duff beer! LOL
I recommend getting a Snakebite while at 3 Broomsticks. It's at the bar on the opposite side of the restaurant. It's a dark beer (maybe a stout) layered with apple cider. It wasn't on the menu, but I saw someone else with one and asked about it. It's both pretty and yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!